Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Wisconsin Emissions HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wisconsin Emissions HELP!!!

Just failed my visual inspection at the Emissions station off of Boden and 13th street in Milwaukee. I got rid of all my CEL's and made it run pretty lean to make sure no misfires occured, but the old bastard still told me to pop the hood to take a peak and see if I had anything done. Sure enough he just points at my K&N air filter and says right there, illegal air filter, yoru going to have to put your stock air box back on if you want to pass. Of course the Greddy turbo must have been legal enough that just the airfilter alone made me fail....haha what a bunch of crap. Anyone know of any emission stations in SE wisconsin that aren't too concerned about visual inspections??? I'd like to pass as soon as possible so I can continue to boost. Thanks
Old 08-17-2005, 11:14 AM

Location: San Diego, I miss Chicago, but love SD, CA, US of fuckin A
Default Re: Wisconsin Emissions HELP!!! (SOHCex20)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHCex20 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just failed my visual inspection at the Emissions station off of Boden and 13th street in Milwaukee. I got rid of all my CEL's and made it run pretty lean to make sure no misfires occured, but the old bastard still told me to pop the hood to take a peak and see if I had anything done. Sure enough he just points at my K&N air filter and says right there, illegal air filter, yoru going to have to put your stock air box back on if you want to pass. Of course the Greddy turbo must have been legal enough that just the airfilter alone made me fail....haha what a bunch of crap. Anyone know of any emission stations in SE wisconsin that aren't too concerned about visual inspections??? I'd like to pass as soon as possible so I can continue to boost. Thanks </TD></TR></TABLE>**** I lived up in the Milwaukee area for a while and that wa always the test station I went to. They never once popped my hood. You have an OBD-II motor? I would say tr it again, hope you don't get the same dick head and go from there. Or print out something off K&N's website that shows it's CARB legal. I think there is another test facility out in Brookfield or something if all else fails..
Old 08-17-2005, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wisconsin Emissions HELP!!! (SOHCex20)

I happen to be an emissions inspector at the Cedarburg station, u know where Cedarburg is right? Anyway, is ur car obd-II? Unless we have to idle test ur car, we never do an under hood inspection. If we can perform the obd test or the im 240 test (drive on the dyne) then no underhood will take place.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wisconsin Emissions HELP!!! (noboostedEGo)

you need to go to the one where the inspectors are racers themselves
Old 08-17-2005, 11:47 AM

Location: San Diego, I miss Chicago, but love SD, CA, US of fuckin A
Default Re: Wisconsin Emissions HELP!!! (noboostedEGo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by noboostedEGo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I happen to be an emissions inspector at the Cedarburg station, u know where Cedarburg is right? Anyway, is ur car obd-II? Unless we have to idle test ur car, we never do an under hood inspection. If we can perform the obd test or the im 240 test (drive on the dyne) then no underhood will take place. </TD></TR></TABLE> Good to know, maybe setup an appointment with this guy, he'll pass ya..
Old 08-17-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Wisconsin Emissions HELP!!! (senpai)

The one in Racine never hassels me, theres some lady who cant drive a stick there and some kid there everytime I went and the lady wont drive my car (OBD1) and the kid see's my gauges for my turbo and asks what I did under the hood ect but never asks to look because I pass on the dyno test.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wisconsin Emissions HELP!!! (nocturnaldragon)

Try waukesha they don't care, thats were i go
Old 08-17-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Wisconsin Emissions HELP!!! (Vintech)

I got a friend that lives out in Waukesha and drives a black Z28 and told me to go to the one out by him. He said some kid works there and doesn't bother popping the hood. I think I'm gonna try the WA one, I asked around work here and said they don't pop the hood either. I can get the CARB plaque for the Greddy kit, but he said "Nope, gotta have the stock air box" but I thought the reason for calling it CARB legal was to be able to have it on your car and pass emissions or to not get hassled by the cops. Oh well, 2 more free tries, If i have problems here, I'll be heading up to the North Shore to Cedarburg. It's a white 99 EX OBDII. I passed everything else the checked, I think it was just a plug in and everything was great. Gonna give it a try again. Thanks for the posts guys.