Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

WIRING ???'s PLEASE HELP ASAP!! need info so i can get my car running!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WIRING ???'s PLEASE HELP ASAP!! need info so i can get my car running!!!

i know i've been wearing this forum out the past few days with many similar questions, but in this thread, i'm gonna cover every single bit of it and hope that someone can get me straightened out in the next hour or so as i'm starting this swap in a couple hours.

ok, my car, a 96 civic hatchback. i bought the car running an obd II b18b1 swap with a small turbo kit. untuned, also .....
so anyway, the motor blew and i pulled the entire turbo kit off the car and pulled the old motor. now, the motor that i picked up to replace in the car is a 95 obd I b18b1. so here is where i'm gathering up my questions....i want to get the car running by tomorrow, but i'm sure i'll run into more problems. that's how it always goes. I'M NOT PUTTING THE TURBO KIT BACK ON RIGHT NOW! so i have this obd I b18 going into this obd II car....the ecu that was running on the car is a p06...i've already been told that it will run on this ecu, but i'm going to replace it as soon as i just get the motor bolted in and running; that's my main goal for right now. i'm not completely sure what wiring harness is being used right now, but i'm gonna guess the obd II ls wiring harness or would it not be possible on the obd I ecu?? the wiring harness is on my obd I b18 if i don't need to use the other one. as far as swapping things on the motor, do i HAVE to convert this obd I motor to obd II before it's gonna work? which includes oil pump, dizzy, injectors, and crank gear....anything else? is this the only way to get this to work?? if i convert the motor to obd II am i gonna have to run an obd II ecu??

what would you guys do in my situation with what i have?? PLEASE give me all info you have if you read this as i'm wanting to start on this soon but don't wanna get into more of a mess than i already have!!
Old 12-29-2007, 09:48 AM

no one can help me????
Old 12-29-2007, 10:07 AM

i got ahold of the boy that i got the car from and he said he believes the wiring harness was obd II ls wiring harness.....should i use this one or the obd I??
Old 12-29-2007, 03:16 PM

no one has any info at all...
thats sad
Old 12-29-2007, 03:47 PM

Default Re: (pmpm06)

I Have an LS in my 98 EX, but it's OBDII. The only thing I can contribute (Correct me if im wrong) you can use your OBDII harness, with an OBDII->OBDI conversion harness to run the P06. The only thing you will have to rewire and/or swap would be the injector clips or injectors, the dizzy, and alternator. like I said correct me if Im wrong but you should be fine.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: (SlowCGP_EJ8)

use the obd2 harness, intake manifold, tb, injtectors, distributor, and intake arm.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: WIRING ???'s PLEASE HELP ASAP!! need info so i can get my car running!!! (pmpm06)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pmpm06 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know i've been wearing this forum out the past few days with many similar questions, but in this thread, i'm gonna cover every single bit of it and hope that someone can get me straightened out in the next hour or so as i'm starting this swap in a couple hours.

ok, my car, a 96 civic hatchback. i bought the car running an obd II b18b1 swap with a small turbo kit. untuned, also .....
so anyway, the motor blew and i pulled the entire turbo kit off the car and pulled the old motor. now, the motor that i picked up to replace in the car is a 95 obd I b18b1. so here is where i'm gathering up my questions....i want to get the car running by tomorrow, but i'm sure i'll run into more problems. that's how it always goes. I'M NOT PUTTING THE TURBO KIT BACK ON RIGHT NOW! so i have this obd I b18 going into this obd II car....the ecu that was running on the car is a p06...i've already been told that it will run on this ecu, but i'm going to replace it as soon as i just get the motor bolted in and running; that's my main goal for right now. i'm not completely sure what wiring harness is being used right now, but i'm gonna guess the obd II ls wiring harness or would it not be possible on the obd I ecu?? the wiring harness is on my obd I b18 if i don't need to use the other one. as far as swapping things on the motor, do i HAVE to convert this obd I motor to obd II before it's gonna work? which includes oil pump, dizzy, injectors, and crank gear....anything else? is this the only way to get this to work?? if i convert the motor to obd II am i gonna have to run an obd II ecu??

what would you guys do in my situation with what i have?? PLEASE give me all info you have if you read this as i'm wanting to start on this soon but don't wanna get into more of a mess than i already have!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

first of all, your not getting answers because your writing is a mess, i cant eve understand what your trying to say

your most likely running a chipped ecu, beacuse p06 is obd1 non-vtec sohc ecu

so you need to either take off your conversion harness and run and obd2 p75 or leave it on and run an obd1 p75 (i would recomend that b/c less codes and problems)

take a picture of your injector clips that were currently on the car and i will be able to tell you what you need, everything your saying is too confusing for me to decipher
Old 12-29-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: (speedooo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by speedooo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">use the obd2 harness, intake manifold, tb, injtectors, distributor, and intake arm.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, I was semi close.