Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

wiring problem....PLEASE READ!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring problem....PLEASE READ!!!!

well my car is a 92 CX hatch.....and well i was driving today from work and my cluster stopped working.....

my clock turned of too and my turn signals dont work either....

my hazard lights and and radio both work....

i changed the fuse box and then the car wount start now...

so now my car doesnt start.... i cant hear the fuel pump priming

please help....

is it the fuse box? is there a relay that is not working? please give me some info on this problem.....

thanks
Old 06-22-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: wiring problem....PLEASE READ!!!! (92hatch_cx-t)

I would say put the old fuse box back in. I dont think that was the issue and if your gauge cluster, as a whole, stopped working it was probably fuse # 15 that blew. It's located on the drivers side underdash fuse box. Replace the fuse and the gauge cluster should work... if not, it's probably the gauge cluster itself that has gone bad. I have heard of this problem before and that was the only fix to the problem that I have heard.

Is it the whole gauge cluster that stops working? or is it just your spedometer?
Old 06-22-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: wiring problem....PLEASE READ!!!! (HCivicSi23)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HCivicSi23 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would say put the old fuse box back in. I dont think that was the issue and if your gauge cluster, as a whole, stopped working it was probably fuse # 15 that blew. It's located on the drivers side underdash fuse box. Replace the fuse and the gauge cluster should work... if not, it's probably the gauge cluster itself that has gone bad. I have heard of this problem before and that was the only fix to the problem that I have heard.

Is it the whole gauge cluster that stops working? or is it just your spedometer? </TD></TR></TABLE>

ok i checked all the fuses and they are good....maybe they look good but i did check

i changed the cluster too and same problem

the entire cluster stopped working
Old 06-22-2007, 05:48 PM

Default Re: wiring problem....PLEASE READ!!!! (92hatch_cx-t)

When you replaced the cluster, the entire thing stopped working? Are you sure you connected it back in correctly? I am almost positve that your gauge cluster is the problem, because it would not allow the radio to work etc. Check the fuses one more time and make sure all the fuses are good. You can also check the underhood fuses as well. And are you sure reconnected the underhood fuse box correctly?
Old 06-22-2007, 05:49 PM

ok i checked again and the #15 was blown but

my fuel pump is not priming....do u know what is the fuse for that one because i dont have the fuse box cover...thanks
Old 06-22-2007, 05:51 PM

i didnt replace the underhood fuse box

i replaced the under the dash fuse box

my cluster is not the poblem because the radio does work....
Old 06-22-2007, 06:01 PM

Default Re: (92hatch_cx-t)

Ill check my fuse cover later tonight and post to let you know. I believe the fuel pump fuse is under the dash though as well... just not sure which number. I think when you replaced the fuse box that it is not connected correctly, or its a bad fuse box. Where did you get it?

I think you have a connection problem with the gaugle cluster... Make sure you connected it correctly.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:06 PM

Default Re: (HCivicSi23)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HCivicSi23 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ill check my fuse cover later tonight and post to let you know. I believe the fuel pump fuse is under the dash though as well... just not sure which number. I think when you replaced the fuse box that it is not connected correctly, or its a bad fuse box. Where did you get it?

I think you have a connection problem with the gaugle cluster... Make sure you connected it correctly. </TD></TR></TABLE>

im pretty sure this fuse box works because it was my old one.....i thought it didnt work and replaced it but it turns out that it was working when i removed it.....

i think the cluster works now but the car wount start
Old 06-22-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: (92hatch_cx-t)

When fuse # 15 blows it should be connected to your alternator circuit as well. So when you drive, the alternator is not recharging the battery... I bet the battery is dead, so try jumping the car. That should work.