Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Wiring Problem!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Problem!

ok bought this 92civic lx a/t. has problems bad. i replaced the underdash fuse box and alot of stuff started working. but one problem. no brake lights (yes bulbs replaced) doesnt unlock the shifter lever, when the car is runing and you switch the light on to accessories or all headlights on the car dies and i notice the main relay clicks and then it dies (yes replaced relay same thing) ecu has been replaced as well, brake switch has been replaced as well. and if im not mistakin. if the brake switch is not workin the shifter will not unlock. Like why is their power goin to the main relay when headlight switch is turned on. when car is on and you hit the high beams car still runs but once you switch the headlights and runnin lights on it dies.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what does the harness look like? underhood and under dash. you can replace the under dash harness, its no that hard. takes about an hour.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wiring Problem!

everything looks fine but i thought underdash harness runs somewhat into the engine bay for headlight ect... and to the rear
Old 12-21-2008, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

there are plugs that lead up there and back there...but there is a separate harness for the dash. is it hacked up?
Old 12-21-2008, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the dash isnt hacked up but dude its weird. because the previous ower riced it out hacked the headlight wiring for halos but the turn signals were cut off. the tails were just regular altezzas. ricer mirrors with turn signals. they probably shorted something wiring up their ricer parts. changing the underdash fuse box fixed alot of things but i changed the under hood fuse box. same ****. but the shift interlock, brake lights, brake switch, and possibly main relay i believe are on the same circuit. and i believe the headlight switch as well. i might just pull the underdash harness.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you have a ground problem. did u remove all of the ricey stuff?
i somehow pluggedthe clock plug into the hazard switch one time. car would start and run, with no turn signals. if you hit the hazards, the car would cut off.
checkk all the wiring that was touched with anything ricey. try disconnecting things until it stopps
Old 12-22-2008, 06:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

get a factory service manual from hondahookup.com and follow the wires.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

omg ive been removing all those pos parts. i work at honda so i can get the full schematics. ive been trying and testing, but still trying lol. but im going to get the schematics for the grounds and check them out. wish it wasnt snowing in illinois. damn!
Old 12-24-2008, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Update: Theirs a ground box in the engine bay on the right side of the engine bay next to the washer resovir and left side of the engine bay somewhat by the corner light. i took the bolt off both side so the ground box is not grounded and same thing happened. while the cars on and once you switch the headlight switch on the main relay clicks then the car starts to die. i also unpluged all plugs to tail lights same thing. im guessing the circuit which the headlight switch its self is on. but i dont see why it would ground the main relay?
Old 12-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Does anyone knoe what wire runs with the fuel pump. figured something out. i unplug plug c440 off the fuse box ( green plug behind the fuse box, sorta the middle one ) i can have the head light switch on. everything works, headlights and also high beams, turn signals and hazards but then.... no power windows and no running lights and still no brake lights. and the main relay doesnt click when i have plug c440 unplugged and the car doesnt die but when i plug it back in i get everything besides brake lights then it will die cause it clicks the main relay