Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Wire tuck, wont start. Simple question regarding fuse box

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wire tuck, wont start. Simple question regarding fuse box

Hey guys. I got a 99 dx with a y7. I just did headlight harness, wiper harness, fuse box tuck and battery relocation.

All my electronics work, but my starter only clicks once. My battery ground is good, battery is new and i also tried it with a jumpbox.

Here is a diagram of how my wiring is done.

I think my issue is my power from battery to the fuse box. On this other diagram it shows fuse box TO starter.

Am i supposed to run the starter wire :

battery to fuse box, fuse box to starter?? That doesnt make seem right to me.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:17 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 218 Likes on 196 Posts
Default Re: Wire tuck, wont start. Simple question regarding fuse box

left one to the alternator and the right one to the battery (positive terminal). There will also be a larger gauge power wire from the battery to the starter as well. On a stock car like yours, you should only have 2 power wires at the positive battery terminal and one ground wire at the negative battery terminal.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

It should be like your drawing-- two wires fork off of the positive battery terminal, one to goes to the fuse box and one to the starter.

You could jump the small terminal on the starter to battery + and see if it turns (make sure car is not in gear and brake is set so it doesn't move inadvertently). This tests the battery, starter, and the major power and ground wires.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NVturbo
left one to the alternator and the right one to the battery (positive terminal). There will also be a larger gauge power wire from the battery to the starter as well. On a stock car like yours, you should only have 2 power wires at the positive battery terminal and one ground wire at the negative battery terminal.
Perfect, thats exactly what I have. Well, except my alarm is wired to the battery too. Total of 3 wires to positive.

Originally Posted by mk378
It should be like your drawing-- two wires fork off of the positive battery terminal, one to goes to the fuse box and one to the starter.

You could jump the small terminal on the starter to battery + and see if it turns (make sure car is not in gear and brake is set so it doesn't move inadvertently). This tests the battery, starter, and the major power and ground wires.
Okay, got it. Ill try jumping the starter monday and give you guys a progress report. Thanks for the help!
Old 03-11-2019, 02:54 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 218 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by DialedLife
Perfect, thats exactly what I have. Well, except my alarm is wired to the battery too. Total of 3 wires to positive.
Alarm shouldn't even be connected directly to the battery. Remove that wire and utilize one inside the car, at the underdash fuse box.
Old 03-31-2019, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NVturbo
Alarm shouldn't even be connected directly to the battery. Remove that wire and utilize one inside the car, at the underdash fuse box.
Oh really? It also has a fuse tap to the interior fuse box. Ill check to see what alarm it is and find a wiring diagram.

Well, i tried jumping the starter and it did the same thing. Just one click. So im kind of lost on what to do from here. Ive checked all my connections, everything is plugged in, no wires accidentally cut or anything. Im thinking it is alarm related?