Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Winter project ideas for 98 Civic?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter project ideas for 98 Civic?

I am in need of project ideas for my 98 civic. I just want something to do that I can work on out in my garage during winter. Any ideas?
Old 02-02-2013, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Project ideas

Originally Posted by toastwfs
I am in need of project ideas for my 98 civic. I just want something to do that I can work on out in my garage during winter. Any ideas?
Before you read or take ANY OF THIS ADVICE.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/building-your-dream-car-101-a-3102979/ Go through and read that WHOLE thread word by word. Will take you no more than 15 minutes. Follow the thread step by step. Last thing we need is another half *** rice rocket going down the street, primared on donks.

In my advice this is the list you should go by

Security- BUY AN ALARM before you need change your oil and fill up your tank. Honda's are the #1 stolen car in the world. Do you value your car? Buy a good alarm. Here's everything you need to know
https://honda-tech.com/forums/audio-security-video-27/car-alarm-guide-how-pick-out-security-system-meet-your-needs-open-2518715/

Engine: Do a full tune-up, clean your engine, change your spark plugs, drain your fluids and put in nice a fresh ones. Switch to synthetic, runs much nicer. Anything with wear on it fix it, Thermostat, Water pump, IACV, ect.

Cosmetically/performance wise - is there anything wrong with the car? Dents, rust, alignment, bald tires, needs a new fender/bumper ect. FIX IT, a straight and clean body is a safe and nice body. Safety and Performance is key

Suspension - Get a nice suspension, don't hop on the dick riding "Hella flush" "Illest" driving butterfly stance wagon. No need to ruin your tires. Get a nice quality ride so you can enjoy your ride and have more control over it

Everything else - Start tieing up lose ends, nice paint job, rims, interior ect

Need help with anything? Here's were MOST of your questions will be
FAQ - https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/faqs-frequently-asked-tech-questions-1998336/
Old 02-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Project ideas

Sell it and buy something someone won't steal. Cause one day all the money you invested into your Honda will be gone and that day hell will break loose.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Winter project ideas for 98 Civic?

That thread was very helpful. I already have a very good alarm which I know because I have heard it go off. I have a veteran honda owner watching over me making sure I keep my car clean and running well since I am pretty new at this. With the money I make right now, I have lowered the car, bought a front lip, put on rims, and an SI spoiler. The appearance is pretty much fine on the outside now. No noticeable dents or scratches. The interior has no problems. The fabric is all good. No tears or stains. I can start with cleaning up the engine. Possibly getting a cold air intake and tuning up the engine.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That thread was very helpful. I already have a very good alarm which I know because I have heard it go off. I have a veteran honda owner watching over me making sure I keep my car clean and running well since I am pretty new at this. With the money I make right now, I have lowered the car, bought a front lip, put on rims, and an SI spoiler. The appearance is pretty much fine on the outside now. No noticeable dents or scratches. The interior has no problems. The fabric is all good. No tears or stains. I can start with cleaning up the engine. Possibly getting a cold air intake and tuning up the engine.
I'll tell you this now, a "LOUD" alarm going off won't stop **** if there's more then one person. Some break into the car and pop the hood, one person open the hood and clip the battery. There's MUCH MORE to a EXCELLENT alarm then just the sound.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Although I want my car to stay safe, a good security system is not my priority right now. I live in a very small town in eastern Nebraska. Yes I know people are going to respond to this with it can still get stolen but at the moment I am just looking for some projects keep me busy during the winter.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Cheap projects as well.