Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Window STuck with PICS ( PLEASE HELP)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window STuck with PICS ( PLEASE HELP)

So i have a 93 honda civic and it looks like the window is stuck it rolls up half way and it stops, it can roll down all the way no problem... i dont know much about cars but it looks like the window poped out of the black thing. IF you look at the pic closely you will see the window BEHIND the black thing. My guess is it should be between the black thing. I took pictures so it can give my helpers a little to see.. What can i do to fix this problem??? pics below

http://img266.imageshack.us/f/img2450y.jpg/

ZOOMED INTO SPEAKER HOLE

http://img232.imageshack.us/f/img2449s.jpg/
Old 11-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Window STuck with PICS ( PLEASE HELP)

ya it's off track. caused by the window regulator getting worn and bent out of shape. it needs replaced but for now you can put it back in track and silicone spray the window run channels(black thing) really well. Only silicone spray though, it's lubricant for rubber. tracks ought to be sprayed once a month. but unfortunately it'll pop off track again sometime. here's a link to help ya...

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/2061336
Old 11-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Brick Top
ya it's off track. caused by the window regulator getting worn and bent out of shape. it needs replaced but for now you can put it back in track and silicone spray the window run channels(black thing) really well. Only silicone spray though, it's lubricant for rubber. tracks ought to be sprayed once a month. but unfortunately it'll pop off track again sometime. here's a link to help ya...

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/2061336
Thank you for the swift reply brick but how do i go about replacing this?
Old 11-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea its just off the rails. at the bottom of the rail nearest the door hinge you will see that there is a 10mm bolt holding the rail in position... if you losten this a bit but not take it out, it should give you the play to get the glass back in to the track. after that set the runner where you think it feels good and tighten the bolt and check your window then. if it is too tight still readjust the runner till it is right, it might take you a few attempts but you will get there ) no need for grease but if it makes you feel better, go for it ) it will only give you dirty windows lol. if it is done right it will be fine.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:03 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

1. Take door panel off, put window all the way down.
2. Loosen brass bolt at bottom left of door, move track out of way and readjust window back into track.
3. Spray some silicone spray down your tracks in the door and in the exposed part where the window normally resides.
4. Tighten track back down and play with till preference of grip is met.
5. Next time you roll it down, leave a bit of the window out of the door so you're sure it will not happen again.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SpecialBrownie
5. Next time you roll it down, leave a bit of the window out of the door so you're sure it will not happen again.
That is key, Dont roll your window ALL the way down.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ty Ty for all the advice i will try this out and i will defenitely remember not to roll my windows all the way down because this is a drag =.=. TY! AGAIN ALL!!
Old 11-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah this happened to me, you just have to get it back in track. mine as well get a new regulator too, manual or power windows?
Old 11-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You may not have the money right now....but eventually...like mentioned above...you might want to replace the regulator and motor...I got mine together for 35 on ebay new...alot of people don't trust ebay parts suppliers but I'm happy with it...we will see if it lasts.

At the same time...I replaced my window run channel...the big seal that your window goes up and down on and seals it at the top...it was 50 or so dollars off majestic honda BUT I'd have to say it was one of the most worthwhile investments I've made in a long time.

The difference is night and day compared to my passenger side *I barely use pass side so it isn't a priority*

I got tired of siliconing up my track every month or so and it started to tear so I just replaced it. Best of luck.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:42 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

^This happened to my last owner on the driver side, and there solution was to just cut the weather stripping at the bend of the window so it didn't happen again. Now, my window shakes when it's down, leaks every so often when it rains, whistles in high speeds and makes it very easy for it to do this again.