Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

window stuck down! ive searched

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window stuck down! ive searched

after work, i go out to my car and roll down the window while i wait for the car to warm up. on the way home from work i see a bunch of people cruising, so i follow them and cruise for a good 40 minutes. when i get home and try to roll up my window nothing happens. i push the window switch into up and down position, nothing! hummm, i do it again...nothing. ****! my window is stuck wide open. i can hear the window motor working but the window doesnt move. please please help me. where i live honda's are prone to be broken into and it doesnt help that my window is stuck wide open. my car is a 99 si.

thanks in advance
Old 06-24-2005, 10:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, a good way to find a problem is to look for one. First check the fuse, it's one of the bottom right yellow ones on the fusebox. To the left of a blue one there should be 3 yellow ones. The far right one is passenger window, one to the left of that is driver window. Check the fuse, replace if necessary.

If that doesn't work then it probably fell off the track or something or is stuck. Take off the door panel. There's a screw holding the handle garnish, a screw in the armrest cup lookin thing, pop off speaker grille, 3 screws holding in speaker, three screws behind it, pop off, disconnect power cable to the door switch, look at the door.

It might have came off track or you need a new motor.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: window stuck down! ive searched (6pucker)

thanks... bump
Old 06-25-2005, 12:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuube that baby up
Old 06-25-2005, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: window stuck down! ive searched (Advan06)

bump
Old 06-25-2005, 12:29 PM

I feel your pain. My window either dies on the way up, or gets to within 2 inches of the top and just clicks.

Hope you figure it out.
Old 06-25-2005, 03:21 PM

My window does the same thing. My window comes off the track and doesn't roll up all the way. I haven't fixed this yet, but whenever you roll your window down, push the window down so it stays on track. You'll have to take your door panel off and get the window back on the track if it did indeed come off (which is what I think happened by the sound of it). Good luck. Remember, to prevent this from happening again, puch the window down while you roll it down.
Old 06-25-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: window stuck down! ive searched (knockout)

heh, thats not that bad

i got my window stuck down for over an hour one day... then i realized the lock was on

it really threw me off cause i could still put the driver window up and down with the lock on, but not the passenger window... i tore the whole door apart to see if it was off the track or anything... and then i was sitting there and i just rested my arm on the switch and it clicked in my head "no... ******... way..." and it worked
Old 06-25-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Re: window stuck down! ive searched (inane)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by inane &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">heh, thats not that bad

i got my window stuck down for over an hour one day... then i realized the lock was on

it really threw me off cause i could still put the driver window up and down with the lock on, but not the passenger window... i tore the whole door apart to see if it was off the track or anything... and then i was sitting there and i just rested my arm on the switch and it clicked in my head "no... ******... way..." and it worked </TD></TR></TABLE>

Lol, good times.

I wish my problem was that simple. I think its time to pull the door apart, tomorrow, of course.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:08 PM

when you take off the Plastic rain cover make sure you kee the glue clean so its still sticky when you go to put it back on. You might check for **** cought in the gearing thats what happened on my girls EX there was dirt and it was keeping the gear from catching.
sean
Good Luck