Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Window Regulator Repair

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Regulator Repair

Hi! I'm new here, but I was searching for a forum where I could possibly get some help with my window. I noticed for a while that my driver's side front window was becoming extremely hard to roll up and down...almost like it was sticking on something. Well, before long, I rolled it down one day and when I tried to roll it back up, the handle turned but the window didn't go up. I let a friend of a friend take a look at it, and he said that I needed a new window regulator. So I bought one. I have the part, so any suggestions on how to install it? If I can get it fixed without taking it to a repairman, that would be my first choice since I'm pretty sure it would be expensive.

Also, what's with the door panel and the metal frame on the inside of the door? Why are they so dang hard to deal with and is there anything I can do to make it easier?

Any help would be so much appreciated! Thanks!
Kim
Old 01-08-2006, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Window Regulator Repair (kimbynum)

Are you using power windows or manual??

Honestly its very popular problem with Honda's....I've had the same problem with my window, espeically in the winter, its so hard to roll it down or up.

The best bet is to repair it on your own because I took mine to the dealership and charged me like 450 Canadian for the whole job and honestly, its still abit iffy.
As to what to do etc. I wouldn't know because I had it down by the dealership but I've heard that its to do with the frame the window is in, greece it up abit so the window slids better or for my case, they told me the window itself wasn't lined up with the frame properly thats why it wasn't flowing smoothly. Seems like the window keeps coming out of place....

Sorry not much of help but the main thing is, DO NOT TAKE IT TO THE DEALERSHIP, do it yourself.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Window Regulator Repair (kimbynum)

u have to hand roll it right.. u don't have power window's... If u take off ur door panels, it should be self explanatory why your window is not rolling up. It is a system with no electrical parts to it.. just trace the crank(where the handle is) to the window behind the door and somewhere there youll see the problem.. i don't know about a regulator.