Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Window fix?

Old 06-24-2015, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Window fix?

i know I'm super late but I've been battling this same issue for about a year now...i think ebay window reg/tracks are trash...the track is always slanted downward towards the front of the car no matter how i adjust it making my window go up all slanted hence why it fits like sh*t.

Think I'm going to have to go with an OEM regulator/ track and if that doesn't work i might as well hang myself.

the struggle.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 96 00 civic window fix? unhappy

oem window regulator all the way. i had the same issue to. just replaced my manual regulator for my 2000 hatch literally yesterday. still using my original window run channel rubber. make sure you are adjusting the window propely. if it isnt adjust correctly it will continue to fall out. took me a good hour to get it where i needed. and yes lube that baby up real good.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Silicon Lube always worked for me. Never had to get into the internals of the door.

Berz out.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:08 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 217 Likes on 195 Posts
Default Re: Window fix?

Used/new Genuine Honda regulator > eBay no name regulator

I helped a friend swap out his bad regulator with one from eBay and it was garbage. The wires were backwards and operated like it was about to die. Pick up a used one and call it a day.
Old 06-25-2015, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

As BigBerz mentioned, some times its also the seal thats giving issues, consider replacing that, or lubing the living hell out of your current one.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have used dorman regulators on 3 different civics, 1 manual 2 power, and they have worked well and aligned with no hassle.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey guys I'm back with an update on what went down today..so i finally received my used OEM window regulator today that i ordered off of ebay. With this heat wave going on id be an idiot to not install that sucker asap specially not having a/c. Long story short after about 45min of installing, lubing, and adjusting the window goes down fine as should but when it goes up it begins to go up and "slightly" come out of the taller channel of the window frame about 4 inches away from the very top...having to help guide it with my hand (to keep it in the channel) to slowly bring it back up to a complete solid seal. (which i haven't had since i can remember, usually having a tiny gap small enough for wind noise but not rain or water)

I noticed the window at about halfway can still move almost .5" side to side hence i have to bring the channels in closer...yet i feel I've pretty much ran out of adjustment options, i even attempted to bend the rails slightly inwards which didn't do much.

this is 1 out of a few things i have on the list i can check off yet idk if i can fully check this issue of the list yet or if i ever will be able to....
Old 08-16-2015, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BigBerz
Silicon Lube always worked for me. Never had to get into the internals of the door.

Berz out.
This. A can of silicone spray works wonders.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JDM JON
hey guys I'm back with an update on what went down today..so i finally received my used OEM window regulator today that i ordered off of ebay. With this heat wave going on id be an idiot to not install that sucker asap specially not having a/c. Long story short after about 45min of installing, lubing, and adjusting the window goes down fine as should but when it goes up it begins to go up and "slightly" come out of the taller channel of the window frame about 4 inches away from the very top...having to help guide it with my hand (to keep it in the channel) to slowly bring it back up to a complete solid seal. (which i haven't had since i can remember, usually having a tiny gap small enough for wind noise but not rain or water)

I noticed the window at about halfway can still move almost .5" side to side hence i have to bring the channels in closer...yet i feel I've pretty much ran out of adjustment options, i even attempted to bend the rails slightly inwards which didn't do much.

this is 1 out of a few things i have on the list i can check off yet idk if i can fully check this issue of the list yet or if i ever will be able to....
I am having the same promblem with with 99 DX coupe, I am planning to go to a junk yard and get both the regulator and the guide seals and track/guides or what ever they are called to see if I can fix mine.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Make sure the inner / outer water seal isn't rolling over or getting in the way.

If all else fails, remove the bitches and isolate it, give it another shot.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:24 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by JDM JON
i know I'm super late but I've been battling this same issue for about a year now...i think ebay window reg/tracks are trash...the track is always slanted downward towards the front of the car no matter how i adjust it making my window go up all slanted hence why it fits like sh*t.

Think I'm going to have to go with an OEM regulator/ track and if that doesn't work i might as well hang myself.

the struggle.
I replaced an entire regulator with one from advance auto, works like a dream and haven't had issues since. Been about a yr. You must've bought some used **** since you didn't specify if you bought it new or used.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While you have the door panel off use synthetic grease ex: Napa Syl-glide and grease all moving parts, plastic rollers, inside guide track, rubber seal. Check both bolts that hold the plastic piece in which the window glass sits on. Those bolts can be loosened to allow for adjustment of the window., You can access the bolts (10 mm) when the window is about halfway down or so..bolts access will align with two openings in metal frame. With the bolts slightly loose (to allow some movement of glass) roll window up and guide the glass to the top with your hand(s)...once the glass window is in the correct position tighten bolts (do not over-tighten).

I pulled a junk yard regulator assembly a few months ago..cost $25 after core return.. works fine so far... cheapest and quickest route for fix, plus the part can be tried in the car on the spot and returned immediately if not working.