Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Window De-Railing Problem, 97 Cpe. Dr. Side-

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window De-Railing Problem, 97 Cpe. Dr. Side-

I'm having a problem with my window that is really pissing me off.... if I roll it down more than halfway, I've noticed that about 60% of the time it comes off the window track, and I have to remove my entire door panel, speaker, etc, and remove the bolt at the bottom right of the door, reach into the speaker opening, hold the rail, and re-align the whole assembly, or it will NOT go back up all the way (which, coincidentally, ALWAYS happens when it's POURING rain outside). I had a bit of a mishap, when I rolled it back up a bit with it still mis-aligned, with no door panel on... I didn't notice it was against metal frame and it gave me a not so nice HUGE tear in my tint....

I've heard of others having this problem, and I searched all my regular boards and couldn't find the post I was thinking of where I read a solution: basically, the dude ended up having to use some kind of lubricant (can't remember what kind) on the actual rail itself, and it fixed the problem right up.

So I guess my question is, What kinda friggin grease do I need to use on this piece? I am gonna do this today, this problem is just getting annoying.... I could take it to the dealer, but I just don't really feel like going through the whole dealer procedure if I can get this taken care of myself.
Old 01-14-2003, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Window De-Railing Problem, 97 Cpe. Dr. Side- (Bizwhap)

Well as stupid as this may sound, I sprayed armor-all on the window tracks and so far the window hasn't fallen off in almost a year now. Silicone spray works well but I didn't have any at the time. Give it a shot, you've got nothing to lose at this point.
Old 01-14-2003, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Window De-Railing Problem, 97 Cpe. Dr. Side- (powerBan.est1990)

I had exacly the same problem with my window. Tryed about everything and leaving that screw out solved my problem.

The rail doesnt rattle or anything and it's been ok for the last 3 months.