Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

will tire size depend on the swap i have ????

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 03:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will tire size depend on the swap i have ????

what i need to knwo is i changed wheels to my friends he gave them to my cuz my 16's got bent (got ran off the raod)...anyways its a 94 hatchback dx (was an auto but has been converted to 5speed) it has a '00 b18b1... what my question is....

should i be going with the tire sizes from the integra or the tire sizes from my civic... i have a feeling the one from the integra but im not sure ... someone let me know please

Thanks
Old 03-25-2005, 04:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: will tire size depend on the swap i have ???? (LSegHatchy)

please someone has to know the answer to this ???
Old 03-25-2005, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSegHatchy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what i need to knwo is i changed wheels to my friends he gave them to my cuz my 16's got bent (got ran off the raod)...anyways its a 94 hatchback dx (was an auto but has been converted to 5speed) it has a '00 b18b1... what my question is....

should i be going with the tire sizes from the integra or the tire sizes from my civic... i have a feeling the one from the integra but im not sure ... someone let me know please

Thanks </TD></TR></TABLE>

What exactly are you asking??? Tire size has nothing to do with what engine you are using, just pick a tire size you like and that will not rub (if you are lowered).
Old 03-25-2005, 07:17 AM

Changing total tire/wheel diameter will affect your final drive ratio. Bigger total diameter will slow down acceleration and increase top speed.

I personally run 15's with low profile tires on my car, and it renders my speedo/odometer inaccurate. If you plus size properly, you won't have that problem. My personal opinion is that 15" or less would be a good fit for you. Who cares about top speed in a civic? The damn thing feels like a tin can at 100mph. I wouldn't go bigger than 16".
Old 03-25-2005, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: will tire size depend on the swap i have ???? (dreamer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dreamer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Changing total tire/wheel diameter will affect your final drive ratio. Bigger total diameter will slow down acceleration and increase top speed.

I personally run 15's with low profile tires on my car, and it renders my speedo/odometer inaccurate. If you plus size properly, you won't have that problem. My personal opinion is that 15" or less would be a good fit for you. Who cares about top speed in a civic? The damn thing feels like a tin can at 100mph. I wouldn't go bigger than 16".</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm my car feels real stable all the way to whatever redline in 5th gear is (speedo not working ha ha)

Also tiresize affects your gas mileage slightly also, If you put some tall skinny tires on there you'll be running less rpms to go 60 (even though the gauges will say its the same) and less road frictiion compared to a short fat autox tire.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:32 AM

Default Re: will tire size depend on the swap i have ???? (red91sit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by red91sit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hmm my car feels real stable all the way to whatever redline in 5th gear is (speedo not working ha ha)</TD></TR></TABLE>

'real stable' huh? nonsense. try going 100+ mph in a Corvette (or any other car actually intended to go that fast) and then get back to me.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by red91sit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also tiresize affects your gas mileage slightly also, If you put some tall skinny tires on there you'll be running less rpms to go 60 (even though the gauges will say its the same) and less road frictiion compared to a short fat autox tire.</TD></TR></TABLE>

less RPMs to get to sixty = taller final drive. like I said. this helps mileage on the highway, hurts it in stop and go city traffic.

EDIT: by the way, if you're redlining 5th gear on a public road and your speedo doesn't work, you are a ******* idiot.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: will tire size depend on the swap i have ???? (dreamer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16pwrdeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What exactly are you asking??? Tire size has nothing to do with what engine you are using, just pick a tire size you like and that will not rub (if you are lowered). </TD></TR></TABLE>
Well i know for a fact that trie size cna affect your speedometer ... what im trying to find out is should i be usuing the size tires recomended for an integra to maintain proper speed display on the dash considering that i have a 00 b18b1 out of a 00 Acura Integra LS..... i know someone out here has to know....

Just need to knwo so that im going the proper speed and not getting inacurate reading on the dash ... thanks

Old 03-27-2005, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

To get your speedometer accurate you use the same size tires as came with the transmission so in your case 00 integra ls tires

BTW real stable is compared to the other cars i've driven a prelude and assorted family cars.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: will tire size depend on the swap i have ???? (red91sit)

thanks for the info
Old 03-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

205/50/15