Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Will a rsx type s muffler fit a eg sedan. I've searched!! PICS!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will a rsx type s muffler fit a eg sedan. I've searched!! PICS!?!?!

Can a rsx type s muffler fit on a eg sedan?

I've searched several times but couldn't get a direct answer.
I know i will have to do some cutting in order for it to fit, but will the muffler it self fit. Will it hang? Tip stick out to far?

Anyone with pictures?? Pictures would be great.

Thanks ahead of time!
Old 09-16-2008, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will a rsx type s muffler fit a eg sedan. I've searched!! PICS!?!?! (solid180sx)

Why do you want that muffler?

On the factory muffler there is a flange on the muffler intake pipe by the axle that connects to the B pipe, the hangar fingers are welded to the muffler/pipes and are in the exact position they need to be. What would you expect cut if the muffler is not the same for both cars?

Modified by Bad Brian at 8:06 PM 9/16/2008
Old 09-16-2008, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will a rsx type s muffler fit a eg sedan. I've searched!! PICS!?!?! (Bad Brian)

I looked at diagrams at Acura and Honda for the RSX and my EK. There are no specs but the mufflers in the drawings do indeed look close but it does not mean thay are the same.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will a rsx type s muffler fit a eg sedan. I've searched!! PICS!?!?!

I want a quiet/stock look. I do not want a loud exhaust. I plan to run straight piping to the muffler.I know the muffler is not the same size for both cars. I'm going to have the piping cut and have custom piping added.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will a rsx type s muffler fit a eg sedan. I've searched!! PICS!?!?! (solid180sx)

bring it to a exhaust shop im sure they can make it work
Old 09-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will a rsx type s muffler fit a eg sedan. I've searched!! PICS!?!?! (95JDM)

yeah, if you just want to do this spend the money to make it easy on yourself. Just go to Joe Blow muffler shop and tell them your name is NIKE, "JUST DO IT".
Old 09-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will a rsx type s muffler fit a eg sedan. I've searched!! PICS!?!?! (Bad Brian)

Yea i plan to take it to a muffler shop, but i want to see how it fits before i do. Like will it have to hang low and so on......

I know someone has it on their car..pictures someone
Old 09-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

they type s exhaust is an alright exhuast for the sleeper look.....lol and it sounds BA at high rev
Old 09-16-2008, 08:13 PM

haha were cheap *** honda owners who buy cheap aftermarket mufflers so we dont have to pay 1,000,000 bucks for an OEM one...i love the idea though. the OEM look is great....i wonder how big a TSX muffler is, seeing that it is factory turbocharged it has to be the highest flowing oem honda muffler
Old 09-16-2008, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (psychotic7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by psychotic7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha were cheap *** honda owners who buy cheap aftermarket mufflers so we dont have to pay 1,000,000 bucks for an OEM one...i love the idea though. the OEM look is great....i wonder how big a TSX muffler is, seeing that it is factory turbocharged it has to be the highest flowing oem honda muffler</TD></TR></TABLE>

TSX's came turbo.....when did this happen?

Old 09-17-2008, 07:35 AM

RDX....SORRY but seeing how its an SUV it might be too big
Old 09-17-2008, 07:47 AM

it can fit in there.. a buddy of mine has one on his 98 2dr, when he ran it along with the factory piping it real close to the tire, it looks damn good with the rear lip. hes got a b18ls motor makin that S type exhaust sound good... he had to do a lil bit of cutting and re weilding to tuck back in and fit right... no pics at the moment
Old 09-17-2008, 10:20 AM

not sure if this helps or not, but saturday I picked up an 06 si muffler for my 92 SI. I cut off all the piping and hangers, re-welded hangers in the correct spot and did the piping. The muffler fits in the given area with no problems and sounds pretty good. Not sure the size difference between the SI and RSX though. Good luck
Old 10-24-2008, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will a rsx type s muffler fit a eg sedan. I've searched!! PICS!?!?! (swtch7)

i have an 03 civic si muffler on my seden.. looks stock but flows waayy better then a stock civic muffler!
i highly recommend it for swaped cars if you dont feel like getting pulled over and getting a stupid fix it ticket! and sounds decent for a daily driver! not to loud not to quite!
ill post up some pics tomorrow!
Old 11-25-2008, 03:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raceready1320
i have an 03 civic si muffler on my seden.. looks stock but flows waayy better then a stock civic muffler!
i highly recommend it for swaped cars if you dont feel like getting pulled over and getting a stupid fix it ticket! and sounds decent for a daily driver! not to loud not to quite!
ill post up some pics tomorrow!
Lets see some pictures of the exhaust installed on your sedan.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

in for pics
Old 05-28-2009, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Can anyone tell me what the inlet size is on both the rsx type s and the newer civic si muffler?
I
Old 05-28-2009, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by solid180sx
I want a quiet/stock look. I do not want a loud exhaust. I plan to run straight piping to the muffler.I know the muffler is not the same size for both cars. I'm going to have the piping cut and have custom piping added.
I agree. I didn't want loud either, and I'm basically running that setup: DC 4-2-1 headers, test pipe, '2 b pipe into an oem Si (eg) muffler. Sounds great.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im bout to put the type s exhaust on my ek hatch today ill take some pics and post them up
Old 05-29-2009, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm about to pick up an RSX-S muffler too if its not too hard to do. I've wanted this for a long time but havnen't seen anyone do it so i just assumed its a pain. In for pics...
Old 05-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by swtch7
not sure if this helps or not, but saturday I picked up an 06 si muffler for my 92 SI. I cut off all the piping and hangers, re-welded hangers in the correct spot and did the piping. The muffler fits in the given area with no problems and sounds pretty good. Not sure the size difference between the SI and RSX though. Good luck
You have a picture of this? I have a 92 si and an rsx muffler in my garage and was just wondering if this would fit and if you could show me a picture. 06 si and rsx type s muffler is the same right?
Old 05-29-2009, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah man a little modding and it should fit,i have an s2000 exhaust on my 95 civic coupe and it flow perfect
Old 05-29-2009, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have an 06 type-s muffler on my eg hatch.. IMO its way to big.. barely fit between the lower control arm and the bumber, then it sticks out like 8 inches past the bumper, i was after exactly what you are when i was doing mine, but its ugly and i plan on getting something new.. it does works tho
Old 05-29-2009, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheAverageBear
i have an 06 type-s muffler on my eg hatch.. IMO its way to big.. barely fit between the lower control arm and the bumber, then it sticks out like 8 inches past the bumper, i was after exactly what you are when i was doing mine, but its ugly and i plan on getting something new.. it does works tho

any pictures?? and maybe you can get the tip cut too???
Old 05-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i could probably get a picture up here in the next few days. but no man it would look dumb if the tip got cut i think, you'll understand when you see it.. it is nice and quiet tho, and sounds great with full throttle, just pure intake, but has an embarrassing rattle type sound in the low rpms

Quick Reply: Will a rsx type s muffler fit a eg sedan. I've searched!! PICS!?!?!