Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

this will probably be locked soon............

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this will probably be locked soon............

i always jump to alot of forums and i constantly see the questions about how much or should i do a swap and boost it, now yeah boosting is great but does anyone beleive in going the all motor route and having people sleep on you cus i see a majority of people constantly looking at front bumpers at little car meets etc ( atleast in northern va) looking for a front mount, it seems like a lot of people buy hondas throw in a motor and get a bolt on kit from greddy and thats it, does anyone on here have an all motor car and i dont mean basic bolt ons while you wait for the money to boost it, i was thinking of the turbo route but i beleive i might go all motor only because of every other civic is turbo. i guess im venting and yeah im sure it is in the wrong forum but does anyone agree with me that if your going to boost it get it built or go all motor either way if you run a turbo on stock internals your going to get tired of it and want to up the boost and then you might blow the motor so keep your stock motor then buy another motor and get it built then get the turbo kit instead of swapping a motor and slapping a turbo on, whether any one agrees or disagrees i do know that by the time you flame me the mod will probably lock this out
Old 03-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: this will probably be locked soon............ (team703)

2nd longest sentence ever
Old 03-19-2006, 04:27 PM

breathe
Old 03-19-2006, 04:28 PM

Default Re: (professor poon)

sorry fellows, just venting i need to take up chain smoking
Old 03-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Go Tigers!

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

get paid to read emails?
Old 03-19-2006, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My brain hurts.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well, all motor and F/I builds are two terrebly differant things. first off, BEFORE you begin building either you need to figure out exactly which route you are going. using high compression pistons in a F/I build is not the best choice, where as someone who is planning to boost wouldnt go for a piston with as great or any dome. you cant build an all motor setup that will make "descent power" and then just boost it. on the other end of the spectrum, boost is 100x better in the bang for the buck factor. most turbo setups can be built for under $1500 and make 200whp in a SOHC with a stock bottom end, where as someone planning to go N/A wont make near that power with a SOHC for much more money. i have seen basic turbo kits with a descent tune pump 200whp and have also seen $5000 N/A builds that make 175whp. so you decide why most civic owners decide to go boost.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wish these forums had grammer check, jesus man space your thoughts. Even if it's not a complete sentence, give us some spacing.

On a side not, I do agree with you. I love all motor applications, but when I first bought my car the first thing I thought to do was turbo it - I gladly did not - and have been working on an engine build ever since. I love all motor, because when I get tired of it I can just throw boost on.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Go Tigers!

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Re: this will probably be locked soon............ (sagron69)

IBTL
Old 03-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: this will probably be locked soon............ (sagron69)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by team703 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i always jump to alot of forums and i constantly see the questions about how much or should i do a swap and boost it, now yeah boosting is great but does anyone beleive in going the all motor route and having people sleep on you cus i see a majority of people constantly looking at front bumpers at little car meets etc ( atleast in northern va) looking for a front mount, it seems like a lot of people buy hondas throw in a motor and get a bolt on kit from greddy and thats it, does anyone on here have an all motor car and i dont mean basic bolt ons while you wait for the money to boost it, i was thinking of the turbo route but i beleive i might go all motor only because of every other civic is turbo. i guess im venting and yeah im sure it is in the wrong forum but does anyone agree with me that if your going to boost it get it built or go all motor either way if you run a turbo on stock internals your going to get tired of it and want to up the boost and then you might blow the motor so keep your stock motor then buy another motor and get it built then get the turbo kit instead of swapping a motor and slapping a turbo on, whether any one agrees or disagrees i do know that by the time you flame me the mod will probably lock this out</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sagron69 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wish these forums had grammer check, jesus man space your thoughts. Even if it's not a complete sentence, give us some spacing.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GRAMMAR CHECK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> RUN ON SENTENCE, my ******* head hurts, error error!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>