Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Will my fat ass fit in these seats?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will my fat *** fit in these seats?

Anyone have experience with a 36in waist and spoon carbon kevlar seats? I want a nice race seat, (I do drive it on the streats,just not much ) don't care too much about comfort, as long as I'm comfortable for 30ish min. I love the kevlar seats , if not the spoons does anyone reccomend any other CK seats?

OR should I just go with the Bride Brix or Recaro SRD's? I know I fit in those and they are comfortable and supportive, just was looking for something more "race".

P.S. not too fat I work out 5 days/week and my body fat is ~20% of my 270ish LBS. I AM 6'3".

Modified by ajjohnsonnc1 at 9:02 PM 4/23/2004
Old 04-23-2004, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will my fat *** fit in these seats? (ajjohnsonnc1)

seats just get the recaro srd's they look good and look comfortable
peace
Old 04-23-2004, 05:11 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Will my fat *** fit in these seats? (slowhatch4now)

get Sparco...FIA recognized and a great seat,

get the Evo2, for bigger people like myself: 6 foot 200 lbs. I sit in the seat for 8 hours and can't get enough
Old 04-23-2004, 05:25 PM
JV
Who?

Default Re: Will my fat *** fit in these seats? (Emerika)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Emerika &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get Sparco...FIA recognized and a great seat,

get the Evo2</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is the seat i'm going for next time around. The Sprint is just a tad too tight in the lat area for my 5'10" 200lb frame...
Old 04-23-2004, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will my fat *** fit in these seats? (Emerika)

anyone have pics of the evo2? It's fiberglass though isn't it? The reg. evo is kevlar right?

Modified by ajjohnsonnc1 at 10:13 PM 4/23/2004
Old 04-23-2004, 07:22 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

whats so bad about fiberglass??

I think all you care about looks...since that's the case, don't waste my time
Old 04-23-2004, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ajjohnsonnc1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anyone have experience with a 36in waist and spoon carbon kevlar seats? I want a nice race seat, (I do drive it on the streats,just not much ) don't care too much about comfort, as long as I'm comfortable for 30ish min. I love the kevlar seats , if not the spoons does anyone reccomend any other CK seats?

OR should I just go with the Bride Brix or Recaro SRD's? I know I fit in those and they are comfortable and supportive, just was looking for something more "race".

P.S. not too fat I work out 5 days/week and my body fat is ~20% of my 270ish LBS. I AM 6'3".

Modified by ajjohnsonnc1 at 9:02 PM 4/23/2004</TD></TR></TABLE>

Check out an older issue from SCC. They tested just above every seat out there...even saying what seat will fit you for your size. Along with every other comparision.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:46 PM

i am alot smaller than you and i just fit perfect in my recaro srd's. If i was much bigger they would be way too tight. Have you actually sat in the srd's?
plus good luck finding a new pair of srd's. they have been discontinued for some time.
i would pry go with some sparco since some of those seem a little bigger.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will my fat *** fit in these seats? (Adonis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Adonis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not big fat americans.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hehehe thanks j/k

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Emerika &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whats so bad about fiberglass??

I think all you care about looks...since that's the case, don't waste my time </TD></TR></TABLE>

i don't want to waste your time,but I do like the look of ck it is not the only factor in a seat for me, just a little extra. thank you for your recomendation I will try and find someone in the area that has the mentioned seats to try out.(that'll be a little hard no one in ENC takes the sport too seriously.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eric_si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i am alot smaller than you and i just fit perfect in my recaro srd's. If i was much bigger they would be way too tight. Have you actually sat in the srd's?
plus good luck finding a new pair of srd's. they have been discontinued for some time.
i would pry go with some sparco since some of those seem a little bigger.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes I've sat in jdm itr seats and I loved them (tight in the legs, but not too bad.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D16Z6racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Check out an older issue from SCC. They tested just above every seat out there...even saying what seat will fit you for your size. Along with every other comparision.</TD></TR></TABLE>

saw that one a while back I'll try and scrounge it up.

anyone have an opinion on the Bride Zeta II's? I know ekfour has them (if you're out there).
Old 04-23-2004, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

270 pounds, 36 inch waist...something is not right...yea but the srd's are a little tight on me and i weight 200lbs
Old 04-23-2004, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will my fat *** fit in these seats? (jdmhatch1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmhatch1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">270 pounds, 36 inch waist...something is not right...yea but the srd's are a little tight on me and i weight 200lbs</TD></TR></TABLE>

whats not right? so I work out, both of my roommates are bodybuilders one competitively I'm a big guy...geez....ya want a pic of the scale and my pant size? J/K

yeah so anyone on the zeta II's?
Old 04-24-2004, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol....no i will take your word for it, thanks anyways
Old 04-24-2004, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will my fat *** fit in these seats? (jdmhatch1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmhatch1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol....no i will take your word for it, thanks anyways </TD></TR></TABLE>

hehehe lol...

anyone with info on the spoon seats? If you have them what is your waist size?

UP UP
Old 04-24-2004, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

there is a seat comparison in the may (current issue) of european car magazine. check it out it might help
misha
Old 04-24-2004, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will my fat *** fit in these seats? (EG TYPE-R)

as far as size goes, i am 5'7", and 265 pounds. i sat in a recaro srd, and i fell in love with it. i have a 42" waist, so im not a little guy. my friend has some cheap *** ebay seats that are a lot wider than the srd, and i hate them. so my advice would be to sit in a seat before you buy it. ps, they make a sparco evo 3, but i can't remember how big it is. anyone know what issue it is?
Old 04-25-2004, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will my fat *** fit in these seats? (ninefivehatch)

I have the seat review, but no seat reviews on the spoon bucket

anyone care to give theirs?
Old 04-25-2004, 12:05 PM

What you want to do is get Recaro Speeds, they are the new version of the SRD. When you order them tell them you want the wide version, usually cost about $50 more per seat, but well worth it to be comfortable. If you want the Sparco Torino, they offer it in a wide version also. ENJOY THE RIDE!!!
Old 04-25-2004, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you must have a disadvantage when you race...

you are gargantuan...

:*(
j/p
Old 04-25-2004, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (llxzxll)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by llxzxll &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you must have a disadvantage when you race...

you are gargantuan...

:*(
j/p</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah I have to make up for that with driving and weight reductions (car wise)
Old 04-25-2004, 02:28 PM

What about RECARO's?
Old 04-25-2004, 03:04 PM

I use Brix II and I have 30" waist. I fit nicely in the seat. Brix II is 520mm from shoulder to shoulder and 510mm from knee to knee. That's the outside dimension. The padding are big so you need to take out a good chunk of at least 80-100mm all together (I believe).

Or go with Ergo II, it has 540mm shoulder to shoulder but only 480mm knee to knee.

For Zeta III, you would need Type L since you are taller.

Spoon has only 1 universal setting and I can't find a chart. They are nice needless to say.

I have had my seats for almost 5 months now and the driver side is molded to my body shape. For short driving under 2 hours, you would be fine. Anything longer you would still feel a little stiff. I sometimes spend as much as 4 hours on driving to work and back so often I need to tilt the seat a little lower or whatever to play with the posture.

What often makes driving painful is the headroom issue. I am 182cm and with sunroof, I had a terrible time with OEM EK seats. But thanks to Bride super low position rails, I am now enjoying my daily driving more than ever.

If you can't sit comfortably in your seats while driving your car, then everything else matters not.
Old 04-25-2004, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Nova_Dust)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nova_Dust &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I use Brix II and I have 30" waist. I fit nicely in the seat. Brix II is 520mm from shoulder to shoulder and 510mm from knee to knee. That's the outside dimension. The padding are big so you need to take out a good chunk of at least 80-100mm all together (I believe).

Or go with Ergo II, it has 540mm shoulder to shoulder but only 480mm knee to knee.

For Zeta III, you would need Type L since you are taller.

Spoon has only 1 universal setting and I can't find a chart. They are nice needless to say.

I have had my seats for almost 5 months now and the driver side is molded to my body shape. For short driving under 2 hours, you would be fine. Anything longer you would still feel a little stiff. I sometimes spend as much as 4 hours on driving to work and back so often I need to tilt the seat a little lower or whatever to play with the posture.

What often makes driving painful is the headroom issue. I am 182cm and with sunroof, I had a terrible time with OEM EK seats. But thanks to Bride super low position rails, I am now enjoying my daily driving more than ever.

If you can't sit comfortably in your seats while driving your car, then everything else matters not.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks alot, yeah at 6'3" plus a helmet and a sunroof and stock ek seats = bad for racing Thanks for the info on the Brides.

and...anyone else?
Old 04-26-2004, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ajjohnsonnc1)

bump