Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Will a civic gen 6 dash fit in a gen 5?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 05:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will a civic gen 6 dash fit in a gen 5?

G'day! does anyone know if someone has done this before. i think it would be a wiser procedure than the gsr swap since it would probably involve less cutting. can anyone please fill me in on the details or point me in the right direction?
Old 07-25-2005, 05:20 AM
grammer nawzi

Default Re: Will a civic gen 6 dash fit in a gen 5? (civicdacbiet)

*pointing* ------------ Try search---------- upper right hand corner of the screen
Old 07-25-2005, 05:54 AM

Default Re: Will a civic gen 6 dash fit in a gen 5? (sicky)

nah, absolutely nothing on this kinda dash swap. everyone is doin ITR/GSR dash swaps and getting door panels that need to be heavily cut to fit and gaps on both sides of the dash where the door mounts are. am i the only one who thought about a dash swap between civics alone??

whoever discovers how to do this and does a write up would be legendary! that goes for you too liam
Old 07-25-2005, 05:58 AM

Civic PHO dacbiet hahaha,
I mean the 6th gen dash is cool only in a 6th gen i think teggy dashs look awesome that why people do the teggy dashs. maybe you should do it try it and make the write up.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:00 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Hatchamaback)

If someone volunteers their EK dash, I'll try it out. I'll get the dash back to you a couple days later.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:07 AM

Default Re: (Hatchamaback)

ya bro, lolz. yeah, i wudd try but im not too good at experimenting, i guess i dun know that much about the wiring. i tell u what tho, i been prodding around and now that the questions in the air, every1 is talking about this project now! soon enough we will have everything needed to do the hard yards
Old 07-25-2005, 06:11 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: (civicdacbiet)

Where are you located?
Old 07-25-2005, 06:14 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Default Re: (litterbox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If someone volunteers their EK dash, I'll try it out. I'll get the dash back to you a couple days later.</TD></TR></TABLE>

There you go again Andy, trying random things with your bubble again. Get the K20 in there!!
Old 07-25-2005, 06:17 AM

sorri dude, im in oz.
any1 out there! pleaz help my bud here with any info or parts possible! lets get this project on the road and be the first eva
Old 07-25-2005, 06:26 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Ok, I'm speculating here:

You'll need:

Dash and center console.
Gauge Cluster and OBD1 Integra Harness. You'll also need an EK harness cause you'd probably have to rewire the EK plugs onto the teg harness for climate control, etc.
EK dash mounts (you could probably retrofit EG mounts though)
Not sure if the EK dash would clear the EG fan blower cause it's tall. If it doesn't, you'll need an Integra one.
Ek door panels - maybe. I don't knwo if they fit the EG but if they don't you could use EG panels and cut them to close.

That should be it. This of course is assuming that the top and bottom dash bolts in the center will line up. I have no idea about that.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:36 AM

cool. looks like im gonna need integra parts after all jus so the ek dash will fit the gen 5. keep us updated if u got more info dude.
can anyone else also help shed some light on this?

Modified by civicdacbiet at 8:19 AM 7/25/2005
Old 07-25-2005, 06:39 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

All I need is a dash....
Old 07-26-2005, 06:01 AM

yeah, if i had the dash i would def try it out. there is one guy who is trying it rite now, he says the wiring is a peice of cake, everything connects but the bracket like in the integra swap, needs to me modified so the dash will fit. other than that, it fit perfectly.
does any1 know about the door panels or can offer any other advice?
Old 07-26-2005, 08:43 AM

gauge clusters and a/c compatibility is often discussed in forums. perhaps someone might know a thing or two concerning wether or not eg guage clusters and a/c fit in ek dash?
Old 07-27-2005, 06:55 AM

?
Old 07-27-2005, 07:02 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Climate control is run off a separate harness than the underdash gauge cluster harness. You need to figure out if the climate control harness is the same for the EG and EK, or if anything, the plugs are the same, or the wires are the same color.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:17 AM

cheers again dude , ill look into it 2moro.
ok, it's official. ek dash does fit in perfectly once the metal bracket is modified! eg door panels close onto ek dash like a charm! they have exactly the same dash indentations, the small changes in looks of door do not interfere. the dude whos doin it says wiring is **** easy, everythin hooks up.

i dont know why more ppl aren't doin this swap, the 6 gen dash look wicked to me! maybe not ITR wicked but it has far less complications and can be completed with door panels remaining normal looking.

can anyone provide anything else?

Old 07-27-2005, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

any pics?
Old 07-27-2005, 08:35 AM

puttign a 99-00 would be alot more harder to install seeing the temp controls are elctronic not levers ! bet a 98 ish dash would work best
Old 07-27-2005, 05:55 PM

yeah, a 99 onwards is out of my capabilities, way too much truble. im quite happy with installing the 96-98 dash, it suits all my needs and looks way better than 92-95. no pics so far coz the guy is still working on it but will keep you posted. btw, does anyone know if the air vents for 96-98 civics line up with 92-95 civics? from thosands of pics, i am seeing that the middle vents are a little higher, and if they are at different positions, what can we do to make them fit?
Old 07-27-2005, 06:20 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

******* AWESOME DUDE!!! Gotta post pics asap! Did you get all of the cluster and climate controls to work? Is it fullyl functional?

But still (below &gt; all)

Old 07-27-2005, 06:39 PM

the guy is not sure if he wants to go thru with it , he's managed to confirm everything else but hes hesitant to cut into car frame (metal bracket) and modify it to fit, fair enough tho.
thats a nice teggy swap, is that urs? if only we had more pics of the ek swap, wudd help me out heeps.
we're still searching for the illusive enthusiast who has already done the ek swap, hard to believe no-one has done it b4...
Old 07-27-2005, 06:41 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicdacbiet &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the guy is not sure if he wants to go thru with it , he's managed to confirm everything else but hes hesitant to cut into car frame (metal bracket) and modify it to fit, fair enough tho.
thats a nice teggy swap, is that urs? if only we had more pics of the ek swap, wudd help me out heeps.
we're still searching for the illusive enthusiast who has already done the ek swap, hard to believe no-one has done it b4... </TD></TR></TABLE>You won't need to cut the frame. You can just cut the inside plastic of the dash. Look into that. If you must cut the steering column frame, do it like the way I did in my thread I posted. It's fine, it won't compromise structure.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:54 AM

i guess i can never be sure what fits what and what exactly needs to be done to the metal bracket or plastic dash until do it myself. yeah, i saw ur custom work, very impressive! it looks real pro. i am definatell gonna do this project, just a matter of time.
do you think i need a new guage cluster (ek) or do you think i can use and modify the old eg one? what did you do with ur swap?
Old 07-28-2005, 08:39 AM

des anyone have any hints on this?

Quick Reply: Will a civic gen 6 dash fit in a gen 5?