Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Will a '95 Del Sol auto cruise control unit work in a '95 Civic EX auto? Electrical dudes, I NEED YO

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will a '95 Del Sol auto cruise control unit work in a '95 Civic EX auto? Electrical dudes, HELP ME!

I bought a '95 Civic EX with 130K miles on it and the cruise control does not work. When I press the dashboard switch to turn it on, the green light does not come on to show it is active and waiting to be enabled by the steering wheel switch. I cannot find any fuses specific to the cruise control unit, either under dash or under hood but the diagram from the service manual says there should be fuses, see diagram here:

http://www.ohmster.com/~ohmste...m.jpg

Here are some pictures of the fuse panel and where the cruise control unit is located:

http://www.ohmster.com/~ohmste...l.jpg

According to the diagram from the link above, if I cannot find the fuses, should I check for 12V at the red/blue wire on the cruise unit as well as another 12V that turns off and on with the dash switch at the light green wire on the cruise control unit?

I cannot really get at the wires on the cruise control unit too well where it is, see the pictures for yourself, but it seems to be mounted by two 10mm nuts, one on top (Bitch to get at, can barely see it) and another one down below.

Would you all recommend dropping the cruise control unit from it's mounting screws so that I can get a meter on the wires and follow the diagram to see where the problem is? That is what I would normally do but if you guys have any kind of shortcuts, I am all ears, believe me!

The check engine light never comes on either, what should be done about this? Worry about it? Try to track it down and fix it? Or ignore it for now? I really do not like to ignore stuff that might be important.

I have been getting a lot of BS help and I really need some good advice here. Will somebody with some Honda electrical experience please get off of their asses and try to help me with this? I will return the favor, I promise!

Thanks and waiting on your ever so important help.