Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Wierd Odometer problems......

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 07:35 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wierd Odometer problems......

ok , i rolled back my odometer to 70k to match my car right????? well before that i noticed that on the trip odometer .... it will hit .8 and roll to the next mile , it wont roll it at zero , when i rolled back my odometer , now it rolls over to the next mile at .2 not zero , how do i get it so it will be normal and roll over at zero ????
Old 09-02-2003, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Wierd Odometer problems...... (TURSpoonEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TURSpoonEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok , i rolled back my odometer to 70k to match my car right????? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Can you say FRAUD!!!

You do know it is a FEDERAL offence to tamper with the odometer right?
Old 09-02-2003, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wierd Odometer problems...... (Ag-Eng)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ag-Eng &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Can you say FRAUD!!!

You do know it is a FEDERAL offence to tamper with the odometer right?</TD></TR></TABLE>

chill out dude.. he probably just swapped in a cluster with the tach on it.

anyway, it doesnt matter what the trip meter says because your odometer is independent from that... hard to explain but your odometer always changes when its 1 mile doesn't matter really as long as its consistent
Old 09-02-2003, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Wierd Odometer problems...... (mixmastabob)

yea they are both independent of each other so it shouldn't matter how your trip reads
and newbie chill out i had to to the same with witha ex cluster i bought
Old 09-02-2003, 11:59 PM
jus f0 dekarayshunZ

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ag-Eng &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Can you say FRAUD!!!

You do know it is a FEDERAL offence to tamper with the odometer right?</TD></TR></TABLE>sorry mr rogers....
Old 09-03-2003, 12:01 AM

Default Re: Wierd Odometer problems...... (ciRcuitSi y0!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ciRcuitSi y0! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry mr rogers....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Mr. Rogers passed away not too long ago. Some of us still aren't over it.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:22 AM
OG triple OG

Default Re: Wierd Odometer problems...... (acuracing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by acuracing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Mr. Rogers passed away not too long ago. Some of us still aren't over it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

its a sensitive subject sill......

and its not a federal offence to tamper with an odometer its a federal offence to roll back your odometer to less miles .

its cool i wont worry about it , thanks guys
Old 09-03-2003, 06:03 AM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Can you say FRAUD!!!

You do know it is a FEDERAL offence to tamper with the odometer right?</TD></TR></TABLE>

its also a federal offense to rip those tag's off mattresses and sofas
Old 09-03-2003, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Wierd Odometer problems...... (TURSpoonEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TURSpoonEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

and its not a federal offence to tamper with an odometer its a federal offence to roll back your odometer to less miles .

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Um.......

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TURSpoonEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok , i rolled back my odometer to 70k .......</TD></TR></TABLE>

I do believe that would be a federal crime......

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

its also a federal offense to rip those tag's off mattresses and sofas</TD></TR></TABLE>

Only if your the seller....

The only reason I mention this is because fraud like this, however unlikely to get punished, only hurts US when it comes time to pay for insurance.

HOWEVER, if you get caught doing a odometer rollback, the fines are HEAFTY!
Old 09-03-2003, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

IF he rolls back the miles LOWER than what the chassis has.

keeping the miles higher on the cluster would be like rolling the miles forward. which would give false readings, and depreciate the value of his car. hes just trying to be accurate Mr. rogers. now go feed your goldfish.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:04 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ag-Eng &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can you say FRAUD!!!

You do know it is a FEDERAL offence to tamper with the odometer right?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's a federal offence when you roll back the miles and then don't report it to a prospective buyer. Hell, most dealerships will roll back the odometers for you, and they just put a sticker on the door jab that says it's been done. And im sure they do something else like note it on the title or something.

But damn, no need to jump on him for messing with his cluster. I'm about to do the same thing whenever I get a cluster with a tach on it.

Mike
Old 09-03-2003, 03:08 PM

I'd describe fraud as buying an engine with 50,000 miles and putting into a car with 35,000 and doing nothing to the odometer. Some odometers need to be f'd with...... case in point

swapped an si cluster into my ek. new cluster read 64,xxx, old cluster read 53,xxx. I'm not adding 11,xxx miles for a damn cluster

roll it back!
roll it back!
Old 09-03-2003, 03:10 PM
HT Black Ops

Default Re: Wierd Odometer problems...... (BauleyCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

its also a federal offense to rip those tag's off mattresses and sofas</TD></TR></TABLE>

Only before you buy the mattress or Sofa
Old 09-03-2003, 08:38 PM
OG triple OG

Default Re: Wierd Odometer problems...... (Jswpstdoff)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jswpstdoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd describe fraud as buying an engine with 50,000 miles and putting into a car with 35,000 and doing nothing to the odometer. Some odometers need to be f'd with...... case in point

swapped an si cluster into my ek. new cluster read 64,xxx, old cluster read 53,xxx. I'm not adding 11,xxx miles for a damn cluster

roll it back!
roll it back!</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly , im not gonna sit on 124k miles just cause the new cluster says that , my car has 70k so i changed it....