Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Wierd low speed Jerking! Maybe need right throttlecable.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wierd low speed Jerking! Maybe need right throttlecable.

What causes the car to jerk at low speeds? it does it when im barley pressing the gas pedal but when i drive like semi fast it drives fine. i have a swap gsr and i used my stock civic dx throttle cable. im thinking its too long. i adjust time to time and it works alright but not best. so i guess i need a diffrent one and what kind of throttle cable i should be getting? A EX or GSR, SI what? I have a 97 Hatch.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could be a egr if that jerking is below 2000rpm, or possibly a o2, and theres more possibilities that other will chime in on im sure.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Could also be a TPS sensor out of adjustment...? Ive had them too "tight" and they've been really touchy. Double check that, and lemme kno!
Old 12-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (z6hatchboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by z6hatchboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Could be a egr if that jerking is below 2000rpm, or possibly a o2, and theres more possibilities that other will chime in on im sure.</TD></TR></TABLE>

1.) a B18C1 doesn't have an EGR system and

2.) I've replaced hundreds of oxygen sensors on Hondas and not a single one of them exhibited those kinds of symptoms as they were going bad.

No more talking for you.

I've done a ton of GSR swaps into EGs and I've never had to replace the throttle cable with a different model. It's most likely your coil/ignition system going bad.

Do you have any codes? Can you describe the problem more precisely?
Old 12-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

u sure u dont suck at driving at low speeds?

cause that can also be the issue
Old 12-24-2007, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Archidictus)

Well EG and DC are interchangable, this is in a EK and i think i need a diffrent throttle cable. The problem is when i just press on teh gas pedal slightly to drive slow on first, when it reaches like 10 miles it jerks, i have to press on the gas some more to make it stop. when im cruising let say on 5th, 4th, 3rd dont matter i left off the gas and it cruises but when i try to keep my speed at constant mph like 40 it would jerk. i cant keep the speed still on 40mph.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

1.) a B18C1 doesn't have an EGR system and

2.) I've replaced hundreds of oxygen sensors on Hondas and not a single one of them exhibited those kinds of symptoms as they were going bad.

No more talking for you.

I've done a ton of GSR swaps into EGs and I've never had to replace the throttle cable with a different model. It's most likely your coil/ignition system going bad.

Do you have any codes? Can you describe the problem more precisely?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank god, somebody else who knows what they are doing.

Would you please go diagnose that expletivetard's clutch issues before I strangle him?

Low speed bucking... I dunno about an ignition problem... seems more likely to rear it's head at high RPM where it's harder for the spark to jump and there's more resistance.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Malakai)

lol naw im not a bigginer driver. it just after the swap.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dickies_n_FlipFlops)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dickies_n_FlipFlops &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well EG and DC are interchangable, this is in a EK and i think i need a diffrent throttle cable. The problem is when i just press on teh gas pedal slightly to drive slow on first, when it reaches like 10 miles it jerks, i have to press on the gas some more to make it stop. when im cruising let say on 5th, 4th, 3rd dont matter i left off the gas and it cruises but when i try to keep my speed at constant mph like 40 it would jerk. i cant keep the speed still on 40mph.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i don't think it's your throttle cable, but if that's what you feel, just get one at a yard for $5 and swap it out.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It's most likely your coil/ignition system going bad.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 12-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (philosofy1)

yeah there is a lil crosion in my distubitor cap and one of the coils, teh 1st and 3rd coil. im goign to replace my cap and wires also.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dramier)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dramier &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thank god, somebody else who knows what they are doing.

Would you please go diagnose that expletivetard's clutch issues before I strangle him?

Low speed bucking... I dunno about an ignition problem... seems more likely to rear it's head at high RPM where it's harder for the spark to jump and there's more resistance. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Well im sorry for trying to answer in this thread, but i think you can take your hands off the torch, and anything you said in that clutch thread i think i may have already said, so i do know some.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by z6hatchboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Well im sorry for trying to answer in this thread, but i think you can take your hands off the torch, and anything you said in that clutch thread i think i may have already said, so i do know some.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL, hey hey, didn't mean any offense to you at all! Was just making a joke after dealing with that guy.. driving me nuts.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone in that thread at all, lol... no not at all.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dramier)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dramier &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LOL, hey hey, didn't mean any offense to you at all! Was just making a joke after dealing with that guy.. driving me nuts.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone in that thread at all, lol... no not at all. </TD></TR></TABLE>
My fault then, hard to tell what people are saying sometimes, and that clutch thread never seems to end.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just to put in my 2 cents, my car does the same thing. I read that someone thought it might be the ignition/coil but I had a brand new ignition put in maybe 4 months ago & I still have that jerking problem.

& actually now that I think about it I had a skunk2 throttle body put in, & THEN I started having this problem.

No idea what's causing it, maybe I can learn something from this tread to.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Corey_sl)

same here i replaced the ignition/dizzy stuff and i still have the same issue. cleaned out the fitv and iavc and replaced my fuel filter and swapped another fpr into it. what else could it be for me? sorry to thread jack but yeah. someone help me too!!!
Old 12-24-2007, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tonychony)

damn lots of peeps with this problem huh, gots to be some one that knows how to solve it.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dickies_n_FlipFlops)

This is one of those cases where I really need to ride in/drive/see the car in person to diagnose correctly I think... I just can't think of why it would be doing this...

Old 12-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

also mine is a 93 ex so i have no egr. someone help me im annoyed!!!!!
Old 12-24-2007, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (tonychony)

maybe its just bogging?? stiffen up ur motor mounts, braces, stuff like that?? i donno, just a suggestion
Old 12-25-2007, 12:23 AM

Default Re: (Andyroo)

thats what i was thinking...cause my car does it also
Old 12-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wierd low speed Jerking! Maybe need right throttlecable. (Dickies_n_FlipFlops)

Ok i might have a vaccum problem im not sure. cuz it idles fine when on a stop or neutral, but when im on a stop it barley press on the gas and the idle starts to fluctuate up and down like a vaccum leak. got a code for iacv and itook it out and clean it with some intake cleaner. not really sure whats the problem.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wierd low speed Jerking! Maybe need right throttlecable. (Dickies_n_FlipFlops)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dickies_n_FlipFlops &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok i might have a vaccum problem im not sure. cuz it idles fine when on a stop or neutral, but when im on a stop it barley press on the gas and the idle starts to fluctuate up and down like a vaccum leak. got a code for iacv and itook it out and clean it with some intake cleaner. not really sure whats the problem.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i know this might sound weird, but have you replaced the pcv valve? when clogged they can cause issues like this. you try replacing it, they are only about $3 and take about 2 min to replace.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wierd low speed Jerking! Maybe need right throttlecable. (philosofy1)

is it a stock ecu? or chipped? If it is chipped and it was tuned then the problem might be a bad partial throttle tune this can make it buck when you are light on the throttle.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Wierd low speed Jerking! Maybe need right throttlecable. (watsvtecEK)

at low speeds in first gear my car does this too.

its worse now seeing as i have a broken torque mount on the drivers side.

check your mounts.

if this is happening in first gear only, use second gear
Old 12-28-2007, 03:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wierd low speed Jerking! Maybe need right throttlecable. (92ehatch)

it sounds like TPS to me!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wierd low speed Jerking! Maybe need right throttlecable.