Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

wierd clicking noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wierd clicking noise

1994 honda civic ex 2 door 5 speed

I hear some wierd clicking noise when i make like U turns, only when i am letting the clutch out and giving it gas.

anyone know what it is?
Old 07-07-2007, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: wierd clicking noise (rleonekc)

CV Joints
You can tell if your CV Joints have gone bad if when you turn your steering wheel you will hear a click-click-click when making sharp turns. One or both sides can go bad. It is highly dangerous to leave CV joints unrepaired. You can drop an axle--use your imagination to see what happens next. Rebuilt parts are cheaper and often come with a warranty. If your steering wheel is getting stuck...they have gone REALLY bad and you might want to get that serviced.

You can get the whole axle assembly (Rebuilt) which includes the CV Joints at O'Reilly Auto for like $80.00 a side that includes a lifetime warrenty.

Check to see if your CV Boots are torn, if so get them replaced. I need to get the drivers side on mine done, it's not clicking yet but the boot is torn and if I'm going to go through the trouble of taking them apart for a boot. You can bet I'll just replace the whole sha-bang.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: wierd clicking noise (Tzer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tzer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">CV Joints
You can tell if your CV Joints have gone bad if when you turn your steering wheel you will hear a click-click-click when making sharp turns. One or both sides can go bad. It is highly dangerous to leave CV joints unrepaired. You can drop an axle--use your imagination to see what happens next. Rebuilt parts are cheaper and often come with a warranty. If your steering wheel is getting stuck...they have gone REALLY bad and you might want to get that serviced.

You can get the whole axle assembly (Rebuilt) which includes the CV Joints at O'Reilly Auto for like $80.00 a side that includes a lifetime warrenty.

Check to see if your CV Boots are torn, if so get them replaced. I need to get the drivers side on mine done, it's not clicking yet but the boot is torn and if I'm going to go through the trouble of taking them apart for a boot. You can bet I'll just replace the whole sha-bang. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Yep, info confirmed

If you jack up your car, you will be able to tell if one of the cv boots have ripped, because there will be telltale cv joint grease splattered all around the brake knuckle and the area by the cv axle (towards the wheel/tire). Most of the time, you can assume that your cv axle is gone if there's a clicking sound when making turns.

You can buy new/rebuilt cv axles at Schucks for ~$90 with lifetime warranty