Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

why i will always buy warranties from big companies.

Old 10-08-2003, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why i will always buy warranties from big companies.

ok get ready for a long story involving my kuhmo 712s

i am in my first year of college. i am 7 hours away from home. i drove there with my civic. wheel/tire wise it has 15" steelies off my friends 2001 civic and 195/55/15 kuhmo ectsa tires. i got them from america's tire depot where i also bought warranites for all 4 tires (cost me forty bucks for all four i thougth why not i'm already forkin over $$$)
so after 2 months of school i get a 3 day weekend and decide to go home. today i was s'pose to leave at 5 o clock. at 11am i decide to go get a haircut. on the way I HIT A POTHOLE for the first time in my life . it was right in front of supercuts too so i just pulled into the parking lot. my wheel was dented just a tad and there was a hole in the sidewall i went to get a haircut thinking i'd just put the spare on and go back home and look for a tire dealer near me. when i got back i slaved in the hot hot sun gettin those dang lugs off with the weaksauce wrench only to find out that my SPARE WHEEL HAD THE WRONG BOLT PATTERN dang previous owner, he'll be getting a phone call.
now i'm worried with no cell phone, the only phone number i kno is my sis' cell which is a long distance. so i look around for a payphone . . . . . and LO and BEHOLD, an AMERICAS TIRE DEPOT AT THE CORNER. at that moment i felt like i was standing in a ray of sunshine (in fact i was standing in a puddle of sweat) so i walked over there, showed them my warranties, and they told me to limp my car over and they'd take care of me. they even let me use their phone long distance to contact my sis. 22 bucks later i have a brand new tire and am ready to go home

so all in all:

THANK YOU AMERICAS TIRE DEPOT for-
1. having AWESOME costumer service
2. having many convenient locations
3. and honoring warranties hundreds of miles from original purchase location
Old 10-08-2003, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: why i will always buy warranties from big companies. (mr poo)

ya my buddy works there and they always have to please the customer even thoguh you were right some times the customer is not and they still have to make them happy
Old 10-08-2003, 02:18 PM
I to Smooch Pickle

its not a big deal man... its not like a warranty that will help u from being stranded on the road. You willa ctually save a lot of money in your lifetime if you dont fork over money for warranties on yr tires.

On a side note, i buy my tires from walmart, and they ahve free waranty, just have to pay them $10 mount and balance fee per tire.
Old 10-08-2003, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why did you pay $22?
Old 10-08-2003, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: why i will always buy warranties from big companies. (mingchi69)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mingchi69 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its not a big deal man... its not like a warranty that will help u from being stranded on the road. You willa ctually save a lot of money in your lifetime if you dont fork over money for warranties on yr tires.

On a side note, i buy my tires from walmart, and they ahve free waranty, just have to pay them $10 mount and balance fee per tire. </TD></TR></TABLE>

actually, i saved money cuz one tire cost 74 dollars and my warranty cost 40 for all four . . .
. i didnt kno walmart sold kumhos! well its not like i live near one either, im just saying that i was lucky to buy from a large chain that honored warranties

annd, it was 10 for mount and balancing and 10 for a new warranty plus the hazardous waste fee