Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Why does my ICM make a weird noise when a test light is applied to it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 04:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does my ICM make a weird noise when a test light is applied to it?

Help please I’m not getting any spark so I decided to get a test light and go searching…. In the search I found out my MSD was no good so I hooked up my dizzy back the way it was before and still no spark. I tried every spark plug wire and no spark. I checked all my grounds and they are good and still no spark. I used the test light and I am getting power to the (+)side of the ICM on the first two connections but on the last connection yellow/green wire , not the connection on the side of the ICM, when I put the test light to it makes a weird noise and after a while I got shocked..When I take the harness off the dizzy and put the test light to the same color wire from the vehicle harness I get the same noise. I’m also getting power or the test light is lighting up when I put it on the(–) side of the dizzy on the coil. The coil is good and the ICM is good I tried to trace the wire that was making the noise and the book I was using said it goes to fuse#15 under the dash but I don’t know where that is or if that can even solve the problem…Please help I need to have this car running by Tuesday.