Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Why do people here act like assholes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do people here act like ********?

I have been in a couple forums (mx-3.com, allfordmustangs.com, mustangworld.com) and everyone there are all cool. They dont make a big deal of any mistake or thought that someone makes. Than I come here to this forum to find out more on Del Sol and I also have went to the Honda Hook Up forums and people act like ******** just like here.
What do you guys got againts noobs?
Old 07-15-2004, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Why do people here act like ********? (del_sol_noob2)

cuz noobs are annoying and they post a bunch of pointless crap...
Old 07-15-2004, 10:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it makes em feel superior. i hate that too when i ask a ? cuz i dont knoe the answer and ill spell something wrong and it will just blow up
Old 07-15-2004, 10:35 PM

Default Re: Why do people here act like ********? (egcoupe)

Actually the main reason IMO is because noobs tend to ask questions that already been asked at least a million times before that. Learn to use the "Search" button and further hating from other members will stop.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:37 PM

Default Re: Why do people here act like ********? (2000DX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2000DX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Actually the main reason IMO is because noobs tend to ask questions that already been asked at least a million times before that. Learn to use the "Search" button and further hating from other members will stop.</TD></TR></TABLE>
maybe theyre lonely and want to talk to people instead of searching
Old 07-15-2004, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why do people here act like ********? (egcoupe)

i think the noobs get hate on is becuase they prolly dont read the forum rules or dont do any search at all, but ooh well good luck to u fockers.hahah
Old 07-15-2004, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by del_sol_noob2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have been in a couple forums (mx-3.com, allfordmustangs.com, mustangworld.com) and everyone there are all cool. They don't make a big deal of any mistake or thought that someone makes. Than I come here to this forum to find out more on Del Sol and I also have went to the Honda Hook Up forums and people act like ******** just like here.
What do you guys got against noobs?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 07-15-2004, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Why do people here act like ********? (Ignitecivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2000DX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Actually the main reason IMO is because noobs tend to ask questions that already been asked at least a million times before that. Learn to use the "Search" button and further hating from other members will stop.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egcoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">maybe theyre lonely and want to talk to people instead of searching</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what the IM is for.

BTW wrong forum. HAHAHAHA J/K
Old 07-15-2004, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its a right of passage. just like anything in this world when your the new guy. you bow down and keep your mouth shut and take it in the *** until you make some friends.

slowly but surely when you have grown to accept the flaming, the bad language and the attitudes and take them as what they are OPINIONS you know what to get mad at and what to just pass off as nothing.

obviously with only 5 post and your already complaining like a baby you can not take the heat and the opinions on this particular board.

we were all noobs at one time, but if you dont understand how it works you wont get anything other than more flamage and offensive opinions...
Old 07-15-2004, 10:53 PM

i think the main reason is that we have to read the same questions over and over and it just gets annoying or when someone doesnt even know what they are talking about. But at the same time everyone was a nubie once. What i did when i first started is i did a whole lot of researching so that i would know somewhat what i was talking about and then i didnt have any problems with flaming or whatever. Its just one of those things but it will pass
Old 07-15-2004, 10:54 PM

i think noobs should be given more slack. i mean yeah they dont always search but people shouldnt get on their *** when they ask a question thats been asked a million times because since theyre new they dont know its been asked a lot.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:00 PM

Default Re: (h23eg)

i remember when i was a noob i spelled VTech wrong or something and i got flamed real bad...didnt feel very good so i agree that we should give noobs more slack cause everyone needs to start out somewhere and if they dont know something then maybe instead of critising we should give them positive feeback like explaining to them what it is or isnt. How will they ever learn if they always get flamed? nothing. so being a little more helpful would probably help
Old 07-15-2004, 11:04 PM

Default Re: (hondachick05)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondachick05 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i remember when i was a noob i spelled VTech wrong or something and i got flamed real bad...didnt feel very good so i agree that we should give noobs more slack cause everyone needs to start out somewhere and if they dont know something then maybe instead of critising we should give them positive feeback like explaining to them what it is or isnt. How will they ever learn if they always get flamed? nothing. so being a little more helpful would probably help</TD></TR></TABLE>
AGREED. AND ALSO CUZ PEOPLE ARE LAZY AND READ THE RULES N **** AND JUST WANNA ASK THEIR QUESTION
Old 07-15-2004, 11:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by del_sol_noob2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have been in a couple forums (mx-3.com, allfordmustangs.com, mustangworld.com) and everyone there are all cool. They dont make a big deal of any mistake or thought that someone makes. Than I come here to this forum to find out more on Del Sol and I also have went to the Honda Hook Up forums and people act like ******** just like here.
What do you guys got againts noobs?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Because you like to waste our time with these stupid *** posts!
well yeah you do, i don't care just giving you ****.
Welcome to H-T, enjoy your stay and learn to use the search function on the top right of the page and be sure to read the forum rules and guidelines. Do that and follow em and you'll be golden
Old 07-15-2004, 11:20 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (egcoupe)

honda tech is too big.. There are a lot of sick bastards in this site guys..

Seriously though, it used to be really bad..... Like 10X worse so you guys should actually be happy. I know because I was the newb 3 years ago.

(I was never really a newb but I am just trying to make you guys feel better)
Old 07-15-2004, 11:32 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (Nikos)

cause it's the internet and insecure people can act out on their pent up anger
Old 07-15-2004, 11:44 PM

Default Re: (Emerika)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Emerika &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">cause it's the internet and insecure people can act out on their pent up anger </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats the best answer yet!!!

BTW: shouldn't this be in general discussions and debate
Old 07-15-2004, 11:58 PM

*violin playing* nobody is putting a gun to your head to come here.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why do people here act like ********? (delslow_SP)

umm because they pop their hood everyday and that beautiful VTEC valve cover stares at them and they still spell it vtech, v-tec,v-tech, vtech or vtach

VTEC, Learn it, Love it , Use it
Old 07-16-2004, 12:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why do people here act like ********? (delLudeVTEC)

People can e-thugging all they want on here (like me sometimes ). Most of the members in here you won't see them anyway.

And remember post counts DOES NOT mean you know everything.
Old 07-16-2004, 02:29 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Why do people here act like ********? (handa)

welcome to honda-tech. bitch

hehe, j/k but really shut the **** up with the crying bullshit. Does'nt change anything.

ahh just joking around, but really im not. i hate you.

dood.. i'm just ******* around with you. really, i am.

ahhhh you suck

Old 07-16-2004, 03:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why do people here act like ********? (DewMota)

there are some harsh ppl on the board but i too get frustrated at seeing titles to threads like "what motor....", "how much power....", or "guess my 1/4 mile time"

start reading....this site has tons of info. alot of what i know came from what i've read and tested myself.

i see your from ogden ut...i was stationed at hill for about 2 1/2 years.

anyway,

READ BITCH

Old 07-16-2004, 03:15 AM

Don't worry this isn't the only place that people get flamed for asking questions. I use Linux and specifically Gentoo, and if you go into a Gentoo forum with out first searching, you get your a$$ flamed hard for being a noob. It is just that the people who have seen the same question or one similar get frustrated and can vent it out.
The sad thing is that they don't have to read your posts and reply nasty because there are other posts that their skills would be good for, but it just shows their either having fun with you or imature. When I first started looking on Honda-Tech, I couldn't get a search to return any results, but you read for weeks and then you start to learn how people talk and what people refer things to and then seach for those things, and you will eventually learn how things work in here. Then you wont get flamed so much.
But if you get flamed just remember that you can skip reading their posts and move on to the more useful posts.
Have fun, and go Honda!
Old 07-16-2004, 03:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why do people here act like ********? (elevtro)

we just act like a-holes because we can

just because we like to watch em' sweat.....naaaa, most of the time I give someone flack is when they are posting **** they don't know anything about and need to learn about. The best thing you can do is do very little posting and do an **** load of reading. You can learn a great deal from this website and there is a write up on almost everything you can imagine. There are over 90,000 members (which only like 1,000 of are ever active and some are repeat accounts because of bannings) if you have a question, chances are that one of those few thousand members has already asked it in the past.

I have only been a member for a few months on THIS acount but like many I have been reading the forum for a long time. Lingo or teminology is the key to succes on searches. Like said before, if you do not know the terminology you will have a hard time finding any info.

how is that explanation........<FONT SIZE="5">n000b!!</FONT>
Old 07-16-2004, 03:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by del_sol_noob2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have been in a couple forums (mx-3.com, allfordmustangs.com, mustangworld.com) and everyone there are all cool. They dont make a big deal of any mistake or thought that someone makes. Than I come here to this forum to find out more on Del Sol and I also have went to the Honda Hook Up forums and people act like ******** just like here.
What do you guys got againts noobs?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Because noobs never read this https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=797969 or this https://honda-tech.com/zerohelp?topic=tos and come in here thinking they own the place, not wanting to play by the rules and posting everything where it doesn't belong. Like this thread in particular. This isn't a chat forum...it's a TECH forum. If it doesn't involve tech, don't post it. And be sure to search (upper right on your screen) before posting anything that's probably been asked and answered 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times.

Quick Reply: Why do people here act like assholes?