Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS

I have a question for the pros here. WHY DID 3 OUT OF 400 HONDAS THAT WERE THERE HAVE TOYO TIRES? BUT YET THEY INVEST THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN FRANKENSTEIN SWAPS. This I am sorry to say is immature and has nothing to do with JDM, unless you want the best tires for drifting. Falken Azenis were on almost every car, they are the cheapest tires with the worst compound ever. Sad to say Sumitomo is known as a better tire amongst REAL Japanese, i.e. KEIICHI TSUCHIYA.

Not to mention that there wasn’t a single Yokohama ADVAN A048.
I could be wrong with my initial statistics due to my early departure which was at 4:00pm, but wouldn’t you say that’s enough time to wait for some real cars with real tires?

Anyways I know there are the few exceptions here in Honda-Tech where there are those who are aware of this ongoing problem in the racing scene. For the rest of you please stop doing it. When I say the rest I am talking about all the numerous stands that I approached and asked the simple question of what does this car do? The response was time attack, street racing, oh yeah and the worst TOUGE.

I was disgusted and horrified; all this made me walk away from these k20 swaps with drum brakes in the back towards the exit. I thought this event would consist of different type of Hondas for different type of events but what I saw clearly shows why kids are dying and cops are cracking down now more than ever. The mentality of making a car fast is fascinating but I cannot comprehend how you want to achieve this using all weather tires or Falken Azenis.

I want to bring awareness to this problem and I know many are going to argue but any car enthusiast will agree that without handling i.e. Suspension, brakes, and tires, K20 and all the power in the world will get you killed.

If you want to be JDM like allot of kids do, do what Japanese do and spend $250 on each tire as opposed to $60. Work on your brakes and then if you have the cash suspension. I know many out there don’t have the money but with all the chrome valve covers and expensive engine upgrades with forced induction, I don’t think money is the problem. Guidance is clearly absent and this fluctuating problem is rampant in the American racing scene. Many strive to have their cars look JDM but many are the victims of ridicule and don’t realize it. I ask that you do the research and not listen to what BETO or “ the homie” has to say in regards to his 9 second or 10 second CRX. Thinking that he’s getting that time because of the Falken Azenis he purchased. Don’t go by word of mouth rather find real Japanese and try to find out how they work on their cars. This will be tough and I know from firsthand experience so don’t settle for what a Mexican or a Chinese guy tells you to buy to make your car perform to its fullest potential. I know it sounds like I am being racist but I was bilked many times to trust someone else, and after having spent money the wrong way I met a Japanese mechanic who know his cars and my perspective has changed since then. Don’t get me wrong there are exceptions regardless of their ethnicity.

Falken like all companies use promoters to sell their products. They care less of how the product performs. All they are concerned about is the tread pattern and making them dirt cheap. They are the best tires for drifting since all they do is slide. So if you are drifting I’ll give you mad props. But that’s not my thing or for most of you Honda FF drivers.

I accept any criticism as in regards to the notion of why Hondas here in America are becoming drag cars only. This will be the center of ridicule for all Japanese to laugh and think that all we want here is a 9 sec car. Let’s show them wrong and use these Hondas for a good purpose. Take your car to the canyons or to a time attack event and then see how it performs. You’ll realize how bad those Falken’s are and ask to get some Toyo T1-R OR R1-R if you have the extra cash surprise others by getting pairs of Yokohama Neova or A048. Do this and I will guarantee you that you’ll smoke those heavy all wheel drive cars and make them eat that wall. I am telling you this from experience and there is nothing greater than to see an STI or EVO lose control and flip over only because he had all weather tires. Can you buy this feeling at your local store? Can you buy G force in a chicane at the homies SPOT, can you buy SKILL? Not with Falken tires, so please do your best in listening to what I have just said and try to get this message across to everyone else. I am glad to offer locations of where to challenge yourself in the SOCAL area. And no its not it Compton, Riverside, or Wilmington, for those who enjoy the company of cops rather its clandestine all there is are real cars with most importantly REAL DRIVERS.

Yours Truly
ck
Old 05-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS (sonicelyseen)

I dont even know where to start? Perhaps somewhere else to vent?
Old 05-18-2008, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS (sonicelyseen)

who cares.............
Old 05-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS (teamrpm2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamrpm2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who cares.............</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamrpm2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who cares.............</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamrpm2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who cares.............</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamrpm2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who cares.............</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamrpm2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who cares.............</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamrpm2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who cares.............</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamrpm2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who cares.............</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamrpm2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who cares.............</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamrpm2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who cares.............</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamrpm2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who cares.............</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamrpm2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who cares.............</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamrpm2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who cares.............</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamrpm2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who cares.............</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamrpm2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who cares.............</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamrpm2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who cares.............</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamrpm2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who cares.............</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-18-2008, 08:54 PM
New User

thing is most guys dont want to roll around on Expensive R compounds on the street
Old 05-18-2008, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

since when are azenis all season tires?
Old 05-18-2008, 09:07 PM

WHY DOES THEIR WEBSITE HAVE THIS TO SAY

Team Falken Tire Wins D1's World All-Star Championship!
Old 05-18-2008, 09:08 PM

ISN'T D1 OR DRIFTING meant for sliding ? is slding what falken specializes in ?