Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

why do people do "hood lifting"??

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why do people do "hood lifting"??

probably a really dumb question, but i think it looks really cool, i was just wondering why people do this?
Old 02-16-2007, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: why do people do "hood lifting"?? (silver_ej6)

because my motor dont fit right unless i do. for real no joke.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: why do people do "hood lifting"?? (turbociviccoupe)

Usually because the motor wont fit like metioned before or to cool the motor with more airlow. I dont really know if it works to keep the motor cool.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: why do people do "hood lifting"?? (smileycvc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by smileycvc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Usually because the motor wont fit like metioned before or to cool the motor with more airlow. I dont really know if it works to keep the motor cool. </TD></TR></TABLE>

no it doesnt keep the motor cooler. they do it cause its mad jdm yo!

Modified by turbociviccoupe at 10:12 PM 2/16/2007
Old 02-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cool, thanks for not being dicks about my dumb question
Old 02-16-2007, 04:21 PM

doesnt that make for worse aerodynamics though?
Old 02-16-2007, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: why do people do "hood lifting"?? (BLUIZE256)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BLUIZE256 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">doesnt that make for worse aerodynamics though?</TD></TR></TABLE>

wouldnt matter that much...if your motor dont fit you dont have a choice.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:24 PM

true. .
Old 02-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ah thought you were talking about spacing it out at the hinges...
Old 02-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometimes the hood won't close all the way. You usually run into this problem with the H22 motor, I can guess based on that probably the F22 as well, but I'm not sure about that.

Few things u have to do, re-locate map sensor to firewall & the other piece (it's a certain TB), then take out like 8" of skeleton out of the underneath and it closes fine.

Though if you use the the other TB you have to space the hood a bit even if u cut out the skeleton a bit.

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.

Usually it's done so you can close ur hood, not for cooling or any "performance" things.

Some weird people do it for its aesthetic value...personally I think that's stupid as hell for "looks", but whatever, their car.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sometimes the hood won't close all the way. You usually run into this problem with the H22 motor, I can guess based on that probably the F22 as well, but I'm not sure about that.

Few things u have to do, re-locate map sensor to firewall & the other piece (it's a certain TB), then take out like 8" of skeleton out of the underneath and it closes fine.

Though if you use the the other TB you have to space the hood a bit even if u cut out the skeleton a bit.

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.

Usually it's done so you can close ur hood, not for cooling or any "performance" things.

Some weird people do it for its aesthetic value...personally I think that's stupid as hell, but whatever, their car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well there are only two reasons i can think of for doing it.

1. h2b
2. deck plated motor

other than those two...i cant think of any other motor that wouldnt fit. h22's fit fine without spacing the hood
Old 02-16-2007, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How do you get an "aesthetic value" out of your hood lookin like its popped all the time, haha
Old 02-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbociviccoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ifIexplode &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How do you get an "aesthetic value" out of your hood lookin like its popped all the time, haha </TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know, but some people find pleasure in the look of body kits...its all variable on the person and their tastes.

You can't tell somebody that their girlfriend or wife is ugly - to them she isn't - same goes for cars, you can't hit somebody up on their tastes. If some stupid ****** ******** ricer *****s think they look good...power to 'em.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbociviccoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well there are only two reasons i can think of for doing it.

1. h2b
2. deck plated motor

other than those two...i cant think of any other motor that wouldnt fit. h22's fit fine without spacing the hood</TD></TR></TABLE>

I didn't know about the H2B - how does the H2B force the motor higher?

EDIT:
PS: And with the H2B - does cutting the tranny side of the skeleton remove the need for hood spacers?

sorry for the thread jack
Old 02-16-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: (ifIexplode)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ifIexplode &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How do you get an "aesthetic value" out of your hood lookin like its popped all the time, haha </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats a good question haha
Old 02-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I didn't know about the H2B - how does the H2B force the motor higher?

EDIT:
PS: And with the H2B - does cutting the tranny side of the skeleton remove the need for hood spacers?

sorry for the thread jack </TD></TR></TABLE>

h2b places the motor in the same spot a b series would be placed in. so the axles are straight. unlike other h series swaps. so the motor sits higher. the skeleton for the hood right? it will sit half an inch lower had to cut mines

Modified by turbociviccoupe at 10:13 PM 2/16/2007
Old 02-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbociviccoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

h2b places the motor in the same spot a b series would be placed in. so the axles are straight. unlike other h series swaps. so the motor sits higher. the skeleton for the hood right? it will sit half an inch lower had to cut mines

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh, oh oh oh oh.

You meant H2B mounts.

I thought u meant a H2B tranny adapter plate. My bad.

K.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^^yes the adapter plate. you use b series mounts
Old 02-16-2007, 05:07 PM

Some people with a K series under their hood have it.Especially if they have ITBS ...they cut out hole for it sometimes to prevent spacing the hood.I heard it cools the engine a bit but idk. Its MAdd JDM yO! People do it cuz they think is cool.I wouldnt do it on mine but its not bad i guess. Biggest reason is because they have clearance issues tho.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbociviccoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^^^^yes the adapter plate. you use b series mounts</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I wasn't/am not thinking with uhh...a brain .

Old 02-16-2007, 07:15 PM

so from what i understand here.. i have a 1994 del sol.. and i am building a H22 for it.. if i use H2B mounts and a H2B adapter plate it will sit fine in there with no hood clearance issues?? i really dont wanna do the gay hood spacing thing.. looks like ****.. plus it makes for a very unclean car.. but would it sit fine and close fine in there?
Old 02-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mysol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mysol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so from what i understand here.. i have a 1994 del sol.. and i am building a H22 for it.. if i use H2B mounts and a H2B adapter plate it will sit fine in there with no hood clearance issues?? i really dont wanna do the gay hood spacing thing.. looks like ****.. plus it makes for a very unclean car.. but would it sit fine and close fine in there?</TD></TR></TABLE>

you will have hood issues with h2b...sorry bro if your not willing to look jdm then you cant go h2b. its too jdm for you yo!

but i do know a way you can close the hood with h2b...pm me if interested.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When people lift the rear of the hood (closest to the windshield), it's for cooling reasons.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:35 PM

well if i can figure out how to PM you.. i will bc i really would like to know how..
Old 02-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why do people drives hondas?
Old 02-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbociviccoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you will have hood issues with h2b...sorry bro if your not willing to look jdm then you cant go h2b. its too jdm for you yo!

but i do know a way you can close the hood with h2b...pm me if interested.</TD></TR></TABLE>

custom removed valve cover ftw!!! haha j/k good info on the h2b i had no idea there was clearance issues, makes sense though

Quick Reply: why do people do "hood lifting"??