Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

why do honda civic windows suck?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 01:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why do honda civic windows suck?

I have a '00 civic, why do the windows get stuck on teh drivers and passenger doors? Any suggestions? The back two windows aer fine. Is this crap normal? Its really annoying
Old 10-07-2004, 01:24 AM

Default Re: why do honda civic windows suck? (jaycapz)

my old civic used ot be like that...but my new civic is fine...maybe its the motor...who knows wd-40 that ****
Old 10-07-2004, 01:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: why do honda civic windows suck? (xkpjokerx)

my ej6's front 2 windows SUCK ***. Tilted 1/4 inch forward when rolled up which means..they dont seal. I've been informed this is due to the rails being misaligned. So I have to grab the back corner of the wondow when it gets rolled to the top and push it back and at the same time finish rolling it up. What the hell??

that and the NASTY, NASTY tan interior. Yuck
Old 10-07-2004, 01:38 AM

you should change the window sills the rubber thing that holds the window. they do suck though.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:37 AM

Common Civic problem.. i think it will have to do with motor, friend adding voltage to it and it actually works. but i dont know how he did that
Old 10-07-2004, 05:05 AM

Default Re: (sinister6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sinister6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Common Civic problem..</TD></TR></TABLE>

i just got some silicone spray from my friend and sprayed it down the track and now it runs better...guessing wd40 does the same thing like people have been sayin above...but i also had to get the regulator replaced last year because one night my friend slammed my passenger door hard as **** and it must have popped it off track and when i tried to roll it up it came out all crooked and bent the regulator
Old 10-07-2004, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's a known design flaw with the EK coupe regulators. Honda has updated the design so if you get it replaced it will work better and last longer. Most people I know with 99-00 coupes (including me) have had to get them replaced. It's not a recall item or anything, so you will have to pay for it.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:18 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: why do honda civic windows suck? (rmcdaniels)

Manual or power windows?

BTW:

Honda says you need to lube the window tracks every 7500 miles with their silicon spray. I'm sure this is to prevent premature run channel, window motor, and regulator failures.

Unless you've all lubed the window tracks every 7500 miles I'd not complain too hard.

Old 10-07-2004, 06:19 AM

Default Re: why do honda civic windows suck? (rmcdaniels)

Yea my eg's windows go up mad mad slow i always gotta help push it up and when its cold out it doesnt move
Old 10-07-2004, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: why do honda civic windows suck? (5thGenCivicKid)

Its cause there is such resistance to the window it burns out the motor over time, I've replaced mine so many damn times, I hate that ****.

You have to get a new motor, and lube the guides with silicone, use the tube kind, it lasts longer than a spray.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:45 AM
EK22snatch

Default Re: why do honda civic windows suck? (mike1114)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike1114 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its cause there is such resistance to the window it burns out the motor over time, I've replaced mine so many damn times, I hate that ****.

You have to get a new motor, and lube the guides with silicone, use the tube kind, it lasts longer than a spray.</TD></TR></TABLE>
yeap. weird, but honda says you gotta lube rather often. ive had my psgr window messed up for over a year and i just ignore it. the motor is so shot i actually have to push the window (really hard) to get it up, and half the time the window nearly falls out!
Old 10-07-2004, 09:07 AM

my passanger side window is like that on my car too, very gay!
Old 10-07-2004, 09:10 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jaycapz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a '00 civic, why do the windows get stuck on teh drivers and passenger doors? Any suggestions? The back two windows aer fine. Is this crap normal? Its really annoying</TD></TR></TABLE>

ps. i have never seen a civic or integra with front windows that don't suck!!!!

it's the rubber strippig around the window
Old 10-07-2004, 10:01 AM
All Motor Mentor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: why do honda civic windows suck? (B18C5-EH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
BTW:

Honda says you need to lube the window tracks every 7500 miles with their silicon spray. I'm sure this is to prevent premature run channel, window motor, and regulator failures.

Unless you've all lubed the window tracks every 7500 miles I'd not complain too hard.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly....people have trouble with their windows all the time because they fail to do the REQUIRED maintenance lubricating the window tracks with a silicone spray. It's no different than not changing the oil in a car...you're gonna have problems sooner or later.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: why do honda civic windows suck? (00Red_SiR)

the regulators tend to go fast
Old 10-07-2004, 04:17 PM

Default Re: why do honda civic windows suck? (Art In Motion)

I guess I found the #1 complaint (besides NO POWER) for civics.

Yea, how hard is it to change out a regulator on these? NEVER did it before, or seen it done! Guess cause on the average car, this stupid type of crap isnt an issue. BUT, yea... so the regulator i would assume is between 50 and 100 and probably is more work to just take the door apart and get to it.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

told you it was the regulator
they are a major bitch to put in, ive seen it done at least 3 times, i wouldnt try without at least a helms
Old 10-07-2004, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Actually, it's not that hard. Just kind of time consuming to line everything up right. All u do is take apart the door panel and unbolt everthing and replace it. My 95EX had major problems with the passenger side, so I had to get in there a bunch of times to fix it. Finally gave up and converted it to a manual window, heh. Now that I have a DX, it's all good. I just know I'll never buy a honda with power windows ever again. Manual forever.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mulletov)

you know what honda manual windows. suck.. ive had to get a new regulator for the window... man o man.. they suck... ohh well the motor makes up for it..
Old 10-07-2004, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (boysnightout)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boysnightout &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you know what honda manual windows. suck.. ive had to get a new regulator for the window... man o man.. they suck... ohh well the motor makes up for it..</TD></TR></TABLE>

wha wha what??? manual windows with a regulator...thats either a typo or your mechanic is screwing you big time
Old 10-07-2004, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Does anyone know what the cost is for replacement rubber track. Mine is kinked by the mirror. And has screwed up my tint.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Caveman74)

I'm thinking that its my motors on mine, because they are soo slow roll'n up. I guess I'll have to go motor shop'n at the junkyard.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:01 PM

Done it before and wrote up about it before.... those damn regulators need to be taken out and cleaned.... then lubed up with silicone, NOT WD-40..... That solved all my problems
Old 10-07-2004, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Had my civic for 4 yrs.... had to fix it 3 times... as a matter of fact i fixed my window last week lol
Old 10-07-2004, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (boysnightout)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boysnightout &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you know what honda manual windows. suck.. ive had to get a new regulator for the window... man o man.. they suck... ohh well the motor makes up for it..</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol. thieves would be glad. be careful.

my ekhatch kept popping out of place. got to a point where i'd warn and recommend my passengers to close the door real slowly. lol.

wd-40 works well. u just need to spray it twice a month to keep it safe. maybe more during winter seasons.

Quick Reply: why do honda civic windows suck?