Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Why am I getting air in my clutch line??

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why am I getting air in my clutch line??

Ok so I have a civic with a 98 Gsr engine but a 99 si transmission. For about a few months now I can't figure out why my clutch won't disengage fully. I've replaced both master and slave cylinders and the clutch lines. I bleed the clutch and it works fine until I drive it for about 5 minutes and my clutch stops disengaging to the point where the clutch doesn't even retract when you take your foot off it. It just stays pushed down to the wall. I'm assuming air is getting into the line but I don't even know how. There's no leak anywhere. I've opened up the transmission. The fork and release bearing are fine. Clutch is fine as well. Any ideas what it could be??
Old 01-24-2016, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Why am I getting air in my clutch line??

Did you change/inspect the hose/hose clamps between the master cylinder and the reservoir? Did you bench bleed your master before installing it? Have you acquired/downloaded the FSM and followed the troubleshooting flow chart in it?

If you answered "no" to any of these questions, you may have full system troubleshooting failure. A common ailment that affects more than 80% of home-grown auto mechanics everywhere. Common symptoms are, frustration, physical and verbal abuse of inanimate objects, recently distant loved ones, avoidance of pets and/or small children.
Thankfully, there IS a cure. Located in the forum stickies are FAQ threads, loaded with many helpful and healthful missives regarding treatment of the underlying causes of your symptoms. And if the FAQs fail to clear your symptoms in a reasonable manner, there is always the option of supplementing your treatment with the "Search" function (may cause gas). Failing all other treatments, the Factory Service Manual contains MANY diagnoses, treatments and cures for the home mechanic. Visit Helminc.com today for your free quote on any one of their fine products!