Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Why?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why?

I have an honest question here, not intentionally trying to slam anyone so don't everyone get their panties in a twist.........

It seems to me at least, that stripping the interior of a daily driver is completely retarded. Lets take a certain Silver hatch on this message board with a stripped interior that runs 13.3sec 1/4 miles.

Why would you want to look at the shitty inside of doors, shitty uncomforatable floors, have a louder interior, and all around a less enjoyable driving experience to gain a small amount of time? I can understand for like a dedicated race car or what not, but for a daily driver, i dont understand why all you honda-techers love B18C5-EH2's car so much. Everyone over here worships him as though his car was the mother of all Honda's, when really I've seen people with way better rides on here.

Can someone please fill me in on how often, during everyday driving, you're going to need that minute difference, by not having a spare if you need it, not having washer fluid when your windshield gets a muddly puddle splashed on it, or when you try to pic of chicks and your car looks like a piece of ****?
I know there's gotta be people who agree with me and wonder the same thing.

what gives?
Old 08-31-2002, 12:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why? (ezekiel198)

I heard he did it because it gets better gas mileage
Old 08-31-2002, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Why? (97hb)

I_heard_he_spills_his_drinks_alot,_and_its_easier_ to_clean_up,_instead_of_carpet
Old 08-31-2002, 01:52 AM
DSC

He goes that extra step because he loves his car/loves driving.
Gotta respect that. Nuff said.
Old 08-31-2002, 02:05 AM

Default Re: Why? (DSC)

.........yeah........
Old 08-31-2002, 02:18 AM
HT White Ops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's got an interiority complex...
Old 08-31-2002, 02:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I really don't even see the reason to even wonder what he does.. I mean I sure in hell don't worship him.. but I have to say it's a clean eg.. or EH for those looking =P... I just don't see why you would even bother wondering what he wants to do to his car.. I mean he didn't strip it because we told him to.. he did it because he wanted to.. I'm not his keeper nor should u be .. hehe I'm bored so enough of this Pissing contest
I love in so.cali so like I never need washer fluid I mean what it rains 2 days out of the year here =P

[Modified by IM ALL BOB, 3:41 AM 8/31/2002]
Old 08-31-2002, 02:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why? (BlackDeuceCoupe)

and I DON'T see the reason to bother me about bothering him about why he wonders why he did what he did to his car oh well time to go back to recording movies =P
Old 08-31-2002, 02:53 AM

His car is clean, and he built it up nicely. It's his style, and many people like it. Just because you don't doesn't mean you can make a whole post about bashing B18C5-EH2's ride. To each his own.

I vote for a lock before this gets ugly...
Old 08-31-2002, 03:01 AM
HT White Ops

Default Re: Why? (IM ALL BOB)

I really don't even see the reason to even wonder what he does... I mean... I just don't see why you would even bother wondering what he wants to do to his car...and I DON'T see the reason to bother me about bothering him about why he wonders why he did what he did to his car..
I don't see the reason why you even bother to wonder why he bothers to wonder why the other guy would bother to take the interior out of his car. Maybe he did it to bother everybody...
Old 08-31-2002, 03:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't see the reason why you even bother to wonder why he bothers to wonder why the other guy would bother to take the interior out of his car. Maybe he did it to bother everybody...
Yeah!!!!
Old 08-31-2002, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Why? (97hb)

i dont know how much he saved stripping the interior..but, its obviously a weight advantage and he s comfortable with his setup..id say if u dont need it..rid it
Old 08-31-2002, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why? (acuracing)

His car is clean, and he built it up nicely. It's his style, and many people like it. Just because you don't doesn't mean you can make a whole post about bashing B18C5-EH2's ride. To each his own.

I vote for a lock before this gets ugly...
why dont people think the same way when they see a "ricey" car?
Old 08-31-2002, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Why? (CRX_VTEC)

i think stripping the interior was more of a performance move
Old 08-31-2002, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why? (deepnite)

why do you care what b18c5-eh2 does to HIS car

ITS HIS CAR
not yours

and another thing
tom always helps people out on this board
he seems like a helpful guy so why flame him

[Modified by redline201, 7:12 PM 8/31/2002]
Old 08-31-2002, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why? (redline201)

i dont see why ricers think big double decker wings, outrageous body kits, stupid conversions, widebody w/ stock offset rims, dual exhaust, altezzas, hyperwhites, custom white and pink interior and ugly *** chrome rims look good. do there have to be reasons behind peoples actions? no.

i remove my rear seats because its an excuse to not give rides.

[Modified by bretx0r, 7:15 PM 8/31/2002]
Old 08-31-2002, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Why? (redline201)

it's his car...whatever he wants to do with it is ...i think it's pretty raw how he doesn't car about how his interior looks...anything that will help shave seconds off his times... ...i dont think he has to worry about picking up chicks i think hes married... One of the nicest cars on H_T!
Old 08-31-2002, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why? (MikeRotch)

why? do you care............
Old 08-31-2002, 10:32 AM
Please don't hurt me!

Default Re: Why? (hybrider93)

who really cares is my question whatever im not gonna strip my interior for a .o1 gain soo its his decision just like its a ricers decision to add 1 of those huge metal wings
Old 08-31-2002, 02:46 PM

B, whats the point of your post, you know the reason why people do it, lose weight, he likes it, you don't so leave it at that, people respect him and his car cause he did it himself and he knows his ****, unlike some "stunnaz" wit a wad a cash. also he hasn't jumped on any "bandwagon" hehehe thats like askin why people use greddy instead of apexi. peace
Old 08-31-2002, 03:02 PM

Old 08-31-2002, 03:11 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: Why? (kwik2nec)

First of all you could have at least IM'd me if you really wanted to know why I stripped the interior out of my own car.

This isn't about why I stripped my own car out as you mentioned, but more of a call to everyone to tell them that you cannot understand why anyone likes stripped interiors.

Having said this, let me tell you a few more things:

My car used to be red and it's well-documented that I stripped the whole car down to bare metal to have it painted the "right" way as I see it. After it was done I liked the look of the base/clear insides and I figured that it was just fine for ME to drive it like that.

For ME it's not about a weight advantage. I've never claimed it as such. I wish I could fine the back posts where I've always contended that as soon as I could afford brand new from Honda interior pieces I will indeed put them all in.

Again I cannot understand your problem with my car seeing as how you've never even ridden in it.

I cannot speak for others and their reasoning, but since you've apparently attacked my car and singled me out I figured I'd tell you my reasoning.

Also, please look for posts where I've encouraged others to strip their cars. I'll save you the trouble man - there are no posts like this.

Lastly I will say this:

I LOVE the fact that you hate my car.

I'm serious. It doesn't bother me and I have no ill will towards you even though you have chosen a rather odd/cowardly way of attacking me without at least telling me that you were going to do so. We are all entitled to our opinions, and you are included.

I respect your opinion, but at least don't base yours on non experieces. If you rode in MY car then didn't like it then you would be more than welcome to hate on it.

[Modified by B18C5-EH2, 7:13 PM 8/31/2002]
Old 08-31-2002, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Why? (B18C5-EH2)

First of all you could have at least IM'd me if you really wanted to know why I stripped the interior out of my own car.

This isn't about why I stripped my own car out as you mentioned, but more of a call to everyone to tell them that you cannot understand why anyone likes stripped interiors.

Having said this, let me tell you a few more things:

My car used to be red and it's well-documented that I stripped the whole car down to bare metal to have it painted the "right" way as I see it. After it was done I liked the look of the base/clear insides and I figured that it was just fine for ME to drive it like that.

For ME it's not about a weight advantage. I've never claimed it as such. I wish I could fine the back posts where I've always contended that as soon as I could afford brand new from Honda interior pieces I will indeed put them all in.

Again I cannot understand your problem with my car seeing as how you've never even ridden in it.

I cannot speak for others and their reasoning, but since you've apparently attacked my car and singled me out I figured I'd tell you my reasoning.

Also, please look for posts where I've encouraged others to strip their cars. I'll save you the trouble man - there are no posts like this.

Lastly I will say this:

I LOVE the fact that you hate my car.

I'm serious. It doesn't bother me and I have no ill will towards you even though you have chosen a rather odd/cowardly way of attacking me without at least telling me that you were going to do so. We are all entitled to our opinions, and you are included.

I respect your opinion, but at least don't base yours on non experieces. If you rode in MY car then didn't like it then you would be more than welcome to hate on it.

[Modified by B18C5-EH2, 7:13 PM 8/31/2002]
Amen brotha.
Old 08-31-2002, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why? (Mixxed Bboy)

toms car is clean and i respect his thoroughness ..but it IS funny how people can generate fans over civics and integras.
Old 08-31-2002, 03:37 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: Why? (Mixxed Bboy)

One last thing:

The whole thing about how you percieving everyone as worshipping me is really screwed up.

I don't see anything like this.

What I think I see is more of a mutual respect among me and other members here because I try to help others as well as they do. I'm here to share and learn like most others are.

I'm sorry if you feel left out, jealous, whatever you may feel, but it's not a popularity contest, so stop trying to be anti-establishment here. It just doesn't make sense.

[Modified by B18C5-EH2, 7:38 PM 8/31/2002]

Quick Reply: Why?