Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

WHOS AT FAULT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHOS AT FAULT?

yesterday i was on a very steep hill with a stoplight and the car behind me was tailgating, and yea i rolld back and hit him a lil. He said dont worry bout it but if he brought me to court would i lose this case?
Old 09-02-2005, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: WHOS AT FAULT? (EKizzle69)

in my state

you are suppose to stay behind the car infront of you with the full view of the rear tires
Old 09-02-2005, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WHOS AT FAULT? (komat)

same here
Old 09-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

easy,,, you hit him , your guilty....... you should have reported it none the less to someone. now the guy has the option of making up anything he wants including you hit him and you took off and now he has neck pains...

regardless of damage or injuries you need to call your insurance explain what happen, and its also good to carry a camera in your car. and take photos of the non damage etc..... always go out of your way to protect yourself no matter what the other person says they will do.....

you first always...

Old 09-02-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: WHOS AT FAULT? (cxSHOE)

don't sweat it... if he says it's cool. it will be cool. i wouldn't worry to much. usually people that throw a fit are the people that try to juice your *** for cash. if worse comes to worse... rear ender is always at fault. use your imagination.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WHOS AT FAULT? (idriveadelsol7)

ill tel u what.... i got hit at accord auto in riverside.. he backed up into my car they saw it and everything... well anyway i was inside purchasing my stock muffler and i saw it.. i ran out and he tried taking off and i ran up and was like stop ******... so he stopped and i told him to get out.. well he was mexican and he started speaking spanish to me but i heard him speak perfect english inside.. ( his mistake ) so i was like no AMERICA ****** get the f out.. so he got out.. and i got his insurance and everything

but for some reason i was stupid and didnt call the cops...well let me tell u if you ever get in an accident always call the cops.. even a little scratch just for the report.. it took 3 months to get my damn check to fix it... well its about 800 bucks worth of damage and i only got 365.. and the whole time he kept telling the insurance company that he was never there... hahah then he said that he wasnt the one driving.. so always get police reports... now i have to fix this on my own with my skills

Old 09-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WHOS AT FAULT? (siregcivic)

well where i live your supposed to have a car gap in front of you becuase of manual cars rolling back other than that its that if it had happened down here in texas, the dude behind you would be at fault if he was tail gating you<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cxSHOE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">easy,,, you hit him , your guilty....... you should have reported it none the less to someone. now the guy has the option of making up anything he wants including you hit him and you took off and now he has neck pains...

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-02-2005, 09:02 PM
clm
Honda-Tech Member

You could always get hit with something stupid like "failure to control." I don't know what the law would say, though.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:04 PM

Here in Wi its the same thing when you stop you should be able to see there rear tires and a few inches of pavement behind them. Ive seen a truck back up in reverse into someone in a parking lot cause he couldent see the lady cause she was right on his bumper, well his trailer hook went in the center of her hood and the cop gave the lady the ticket for being to close. She couldent see his rear tires or him in the rear view so.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: WHOS AT FAULT? (nocturnaldragon)

since your in cali, he should of left enough space to see your rear tires on the floor. If he did and you rolled to far back, "he rear ended you"
Old 09-02-2005, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WHOS AT FAULT? (yellowdcn)

Realistically, bottom line is how are you ganna prove he was tailgating you? You should be able to start from a stop on a steep incline without rolling back. The guy behind you was probably stupid for tailing your car like that but its your word against his. Cant think there'd be any visible damage to one's bumber anyway
Old 09-02-2005, 10:58 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: WHOS AT FAULT? (flowbee)

You will of course roll back, it may feel like a lot, but should be no more than 6 inches. Still, if hes that close, Id say its his fault, but its not what happened, its what you can prove to your local law.

P.S. Wrong forum, please move.