Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Whos civic was this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whos civic was this?

hey all, i j ust recently bought this car from this chick in MI. She said she bought it off this guy from New York. I was just wondering whos car this was because i have some question to ask. thanks

Old 07-25-2008, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whos civic was this? (koulaid)

Was the chick HOT?
Old 07-25-2008, 09:23 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

This could be really difficult to track down.

When did she buy it from him? Where in NY did he live? Does she have anymore information on him? What modifications were done to the car when she bought it? What year is it? It's a DX or HX, right?
Old 07-25-2008, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NOFX)

does she know the last name on the title before she bought it? i dont know if you can find it out through carfax
Old 07-25-2008, 10:22 PM

man that civic, or the engine was stolen.. bet you..!!!
so you better find this guy and get you story straight.. otherwise you are going to be on big trouble....
Old 07-25-2008, 11:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, because if he owns a civic, he MUST be an H-T member, basic deduction.

Shhh. We won't tell him the part where most Honda Civic owners by a long shot aren't H-T members.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:36 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, because if he owns a civic, he MUST be an H-T member, basic deduction.

Shhh. We won't tell him the part where most Honda Civic owners by a long shot aren't H-T members.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I figured the idea was that maybe the old owner isn't on here, but maybe a friend or neighbor or whatever might be able to ID the car. Unfortunately we don't know much about the appearance of the car at the time it belonged the "the guy in New York", nor do we know when he owned it. He could have owned it earlier this year or been the first owner who got rid of it after three years of ownership.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, because if he owns a civic, he MUST be an H-T member, basic deduction.

Shhh. We won't tell him the part where most Honda Civic owners by a long shot aren't H-T members.</TD></TR></TABLE>

There could be a chance that someone in NY could have seen that car around and knows the owner.

No sense in being such a bulldozer.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I figured the idea was that maybe the old owner isn't on here, but maybe a friend or neighbor or whatever might be able to ID the car. Unfortunately we don't know much about the appearance of the car at the time it belonged the "the guy in New York", nor do we know when he owned it. He could have owned it earlier this year or been the first owner who got rid of it after three years of ownership.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not only that, but I live in NY.

Seeing a black 6th gen with some tint, black rims, and a lip isn't exactly rare. There's a lot of civics floating around here.

Not to mention, as you said, it probably changed appearance. No way of knowing if it was 100% stock when it was up here.

Just seems like a waste of time, IMO.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok sorry i didnt give enough description. well the original owner (as i was told) cut a sideways teardrop hole on the front bumper which you all could clearly see there. The whole exterior there is how she bought it from the original owner. All suspension parts are skunk2. original d series motor. ctr lip. it HAD masked black tail lights. ractive exhaust header that was rusted to hell. o yea and she said it came with 2 10" pioneer subs lol. Her name was shelby. she bought it from the guy i think in 2006. If anyone knows who it was. let me know. thank you.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if i was you id just car fax that car. and if it was in new york im pretty sure she just meant the state. cause i don't see her driving all the way to new york city. she probably just went right over the border to some small town in south west new york state. or, she could have lied to you and it probably belonged to some hmong guy that lives in detroit.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whos civic was this? (90_EX_Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90_EX_Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if i was you id just car fax that car. and if it was in new york im pretty sure she just meant the state. cause i don't see her driving all the way to new york city. she probably just went right over the border to some small town in south west new york state. or, she could have lied to you and it probably belonged to some hmong guy that lives in detroit. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont really want to pay that much just to carfax whos car it was. even though i might know who it is i wouldnt be able to contact him and get any info. thats why i want to see if the guy is on here or if someone may know this guy. and she did drive to the STATE new york.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good luck. "Needle in a haystack" at it's finest.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (99_hb_on_air)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99_hb_on_air &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Good luck. "Needle in a haystack" at it's finest.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yup, cause syndacate is also right on this. not every one that owns a honda is on H-t. good luck though.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (90_EX_Civic)

whoever he was, he's an ******* for ruining the front bumper.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JdelMsolG)

i think the original owner was going for a ram air/ cold air effect with that hole.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (90_EX_Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90_EX_Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think the original owner was going for a ram air/ cold air effect with that hole. </TD></TR></TABLE>

with an allmotor d-series?

i rest my case, haha.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JdelMsolG)

you know whats funny. it HAD an cai also. i took it off and threw in a sri. luckily the motor isnt hydrlocked.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (koulaid)

you probably should have gotten this straightened out before you bought the car, no?
Old 07-26-2008, 08:12 AM

Default Re: (1cleanem1)

this could go on forever.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (koulaid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by koulaid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you know whats funny. it HAD an cai also. i took it off and threw in a sri. luckily the motor isnt hydrlocked. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yea, if the car did have cai, then that's what the hole was for. and yeah, lucky it didn't hydro lock.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1cleanem1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1cleanem1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you probably should have gotten this straightened out before you bought the car, no?</TD></TR></TABLE>

why do you think i bought the car. because it wasnt hydrolocked yet. plus i bought it for a price i couldnt resist.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good luck!!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You shouldn't buy a Carfax report, it doesn't give you any prior owner info just the miles, any title issues during ownership, how many years they owned it and what city they were in but no name or address waste of money. Good luck on your search I would try the dmv maybe they could help
Old 07-26-2008, 11:21 AM
H-T White Ops

This makes me really want to know what he needs to find out about the car.

Quick Reply: Whos civic was this?