Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Who has a GSR or ITR front lower tie bar on their EG/EH????

Old 04-16-2003, 06:36 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has a GSR or ITR front lower tie bar on their EG/EH????

If so, could you give me the dimensions of the bolts you used? The EH chassis already has the threaded holes for the tie bar and I just need to know the dimensions and maybe thread pattern to install it. Thanks!
Old 04-16-2003, 08:53 AM
New User

Default Re: Who has a GSR or ITR front lower tie bar on their EG/EH???? (Kalokohan)

I know there are some of us that have this upgrade since it's a bolt on affair.
Old 04-16-2003, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Who has a GSR or ITR front lower tie bar on their EG/EH???? (Kalokohan)

Is it the one that goes on the subframe?
It has two bolt holes on each side. I think
they are 14mm. If this is the one you are
talking about I could check for you.
Old 04-16-2003, 09:37 AM
New User

Default Re: Who has a GSR or ITR front lower tie bar on their EG/EH???? (d15dude)

Yup, it looks like this:

I tried buying normal 14mm bolts from Home Depot but the thread pattern is not the same. Do I need JDM bolts?
Old 04-16-2003, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have one on my hatchback. I used the bolts that came from the Integra, I think they were in fact 14mm, but don't quote me, it was installed a long time ago.
Old 04-16-2003, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who has a GSR or ITR front lower tie bar on their EG/EH???? (rodrez)

I hear it's just a piece of rolled steel crimped and drilled on the ends... Therefore I have to question the OEM parts effectiveness in competition settings. Although, I am looking into the benefits of a front lower bar myself as I autocross nationally and need to reinforce the bottom of the car now that it's 10.5 years old, and the 13x8 race tires, custom Koni's and a few other goodies cause the alignment to go out of whack every few events now.

Yet I don't want to spend the coin required for the Neuspeed part and the Cusco/Tanabe parts take forever to get here...

Anthony "Mario" Crea
Old 04-16-2003, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who has a GSR or ITR front lower tie bar on their EG/EH???? (honda93)

I'm not on the competitive level that you are, but I do know that after adding this bar, I felt a considerable difference from the front end. This bar was added after the upper front and rear strut bars, rear lower bar, and front/rear sway bar upgrade. I saw it as a good idea, since the aftermarket lower bars hang pretty low, and some won't clear the header on hybrids. And, well, honestly, I picked it up for $5.00, and it took about 5 minutes to install so I couldn't lose
Old 04-16-2003, 10:25 AM
New User

Default Re: Who has a GSR or ITR front lower tie bar on their EG/EH???? (rodrez)

I'm not on the competition level either but the bar seems very strong. Like Rodrez says, a lot of bars hang too low or do not clear the header as opposed to this. The 5th gen civic chassis already has the holes pre-drilled to mount this bar if I could only find the right hardware,
Old 04-16-2003, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kalokohan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm not on the competition level either but the bar seems very strong. Like Rodrez says, a lot of bars hang too low or do not clear the header as opposed to this. The 5th gen civic chassis already has the holes pre-drilled to mount this bar if I could only find the right hardware, </TD></TR></TABLE>

I know this sounds kinda ghetto, but remove a 14mm from somewhere under your hood (as long as it's safe to do so) and start screwing it into one of those pre-drilled holes, that'll tell you for sure, what size bolt to hunt for
Old 04-16-2003, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Although you got some bolts from hardware that don't fit, there are different THREAD patterns. There are some with fine threads and some with coarse threads. I don't know the proper terms here, but I know that different spacing in the threads exist.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OEM Part #

93401-10025-08 (10x25)

-Bert

Old 04-16-2003, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who has a GSR or ITR front lower tie bar on their EG/EH???? (kdfalk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kdfalk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Although you got some bolts from hardware that don't fit, there are different THREAD patterns. There are some with fine threads and some with coarse threads. I don't know the proper terms here, but I know that different spacing in the threads exist. </TD></TR></TABLE>

True, which is why I would carefully try a few bolts from under the hood, to find the proper bolt
Old 04-16-2003, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kalokohan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I tried buying normal 14mm bolts from Home Depot but the thread pattern is not the same. Do I need JDM bolts?</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, that statement made my day, JDM bolts, lol. All bolts and nuts will be the same from US to Japan. Certain pieces out of JDM cars, or USDM "R"(belive it or not, it design is lighter) may differ but same when it comes to bolt.

Bert here who argue the other day that someone said the "R" came with lightweight lugnuts from factory , maybe a starter or a shift linkage, not a bolt.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:02 AM
New User

Default Re: Who has a GSR or ITR front lower tie bar on their EG/EH???? (BERT-O)

BERT-O : Thanks for the help mang! I'm glad I could make your day with my JDM sarcasm. I'll be making calls to my local delearship.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodrez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm not on the competitive level that you are, but I do know that after adding this bar, I felt a considerable difference from the front end. This bar was added after the upper front and rear strut bars, rear lower bar, and front/rear sway bar upgrade. I saw it as a good idea, since the aftermarket lower bars hang pretty low, and some won't clear the header on hybrids. And, well, honestly, I picked it up for $5.00, and it took about 5 minutes to install so I couldn't lose </TD></TR></TABLE>

$5 WOW! If it works or not who cares at that price! Let me know if you can get another one that inexpensively, or at least guide me to somebody/somewhere.
E-mail me personally. Thank you.

scca8@yahoo.com

Anthony "Mario" Crea
Old 04-16-2003, 11:21 AM
New User

Default Re: Who has a GSR or ITR front lower tie bar on their EG/EH???? (honda93)

Bought mine locally for $20.

P.S. I just called every Honda and Acura Dealership in the Metro Area(VA/MD/DC) and nobody has these bolts in stock!
Old 04-16-2003, 11:29 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kalokohan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Bought mine locally for $20.

P.S. I just called every Honda and Acura Dealership in the Metro Area(VA/MD/DC) and nobody has these bolts in stock! </TD></TR></TABLE>

I will look. I should have bolts to fit the holes.
I have 3 or 4 tiebars from eg6's laying around.
They are not as big as the gsr.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by honda93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

$5 WOW! If it works or not who cares at that price! Let me know if you can get another one that inexpensively, or at least guide me to somebody/somewhere.
E-mail me personally. Thank you.

scca8@yahoo.com

Anthony "Mario" Crea</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually I got lucky. Local body shop had an Integra "parts car" in their bldg, I saw the bar, while my friend was checking on his paintjob, and asked if I could pick it up for a few dollars, they didn't need it, so I bought it (and took the bolts too ). Not sure if it was an LS or GSR, but the bar was black, not silver like the R's. I would say try the junkyards first, not too many people would even look for that bar.
Old 04-16-2003, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Who has a GSR or ITR front lower tie bar on their EG/EH???? (BERT-O)

"OEM Part #

93401-10025-08 (10x25)

-Bert

"

is that the part # for the GSR tie bar or the bolts?? and does anyone know the part#/price for the bar from acura?? thanx, yos.
Old 04-16-2003, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Who has a GSR or ITR front lower tie bar on their EG/EH???? (Heinz57)

anybody have pics of this bar on the car or where it mounts too? thanks
Old 04-16-2003, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who has a GSR or ITR front lower tie bar on their EG/EH???? (buddha429)

Old 04-16-2003, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Who has a GSR or ITR front lower tie bar on their EG/EH???? (buddha429)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by buddha429 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anybody have pics of this bar on the car or where it mounts too? thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-16-2003, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kalokohan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BERT-O : Thanks for the help mang! I'm glad I could make your day with my JDM sarcasm. I'll be making calls to my local delearship. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Lol, didn't mean it in a bad way but it gave me something to laugh about. Lately with work being so busy, it gave me a laugh of the day.

No hard feelings.

Also, its the same as the Del-Sol as well, not 100% sure about what models, but I know for a fact it has the same extra rigidity for those particualar cars.

-Bert
Old 04-16-2003, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I just happen to have one of those GSR lower ties that I got from a buddy for free, and I need the 4 bolts also for my EJ1..I guess I'll be making a trip to Home Depot also!!
Old 04-16-2003, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Who has a GSR or ITR front lower tie bar on their EG/EH???? (Blue-Civic-Hybrid)

would the gsr or type-r front lower tie bar work on a 2000 civic cx?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who has a GSR or ITR front lower tie bar on their EG/EH????