Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Who else sells Helms Service Manuals, HELMINC doesn't have any.

Old 09-13-2003, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who else sells Helms Service Manuals, HELMINC doesn't have any.

Anyone know where else I can get a HELMS manual, the one I need HELMINC, does not have in stock. I need this soon so I can do the timing belt and valve adjustment.
Old 09-13-2003, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who else sells Helms Service Manuals, HELMINC doesn't have any. (EBPSI)

Autozone, Pepboys, Advance Auto, etc...

Pretty much any auto parts store.
Old 09-13-2003, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who else sells Helms Service Manuals, HELMINC doesn't have any. (Revolveu2)

Think you're talking about HAYNES. Need helms
Old 09-13-2003, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who else sells Helms Service Manuals, HELMINC doesn't have any. (EBPSI)

Doesn't the dealer sell Helms, too?
Old 09-13-2003, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who else sells Helms Service Manuals, HELMINC doesn't have any. (Daniel)

Tried Gillman Honda here in Houston, they don't sell them.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EBPSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Tried Gillman Honda here in Houston, they don't sell them. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh, then I don't know. I guess you'll just have to wait and buy them from helminc.com unless someone in your area from H-T is willing to let you borrow his/hers.
Old 09-13-2003, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EBPSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Tried Gillman Honda here in Houston, they don't sell them. </TD></TR></TABLE>

tried any other place other then that dealer? I'd go to more then just one dealer. try this place http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com
Old 09-13-2003, 01:05 PM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: Who else sells Helms Service Manuals, HELMINC doesn't have any. (sleeperciv)

i dunno!?

Modified by Hatchy-Ownzjo0 at 1:13 PM 9/30/2003
Old 09-13-2003, 01:28 PM

i had the same problem. took me 5 months to find a used one on ebay.
Old 09-13-2003, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who else sells Helms Service Manuals, HELMINC doesn't have any. (Hatchy-Ownzjo0)

yea, that un-usefull link didn't help Thanks though

Need one for a 99 Civic Si. Shopped around a couple of dealers also, none sells them, weird. Figured they would make good profit having that.
Old 09-13-2003, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who else sells Helms Service Manuals, HELMINC doesn't have any. (Hatchy-Ownzjo0)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatchy-Ownzjo0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have the electronic version of it.. I'm not saying that if someone wants to host it on an ftp or anything that i'll let you.. cuz that would be illegal, but if you wanna talk about it you could pm me..

edit: Dont worry about this link.. it isnt anything important...

http://nilsg.dynu.com/honda/ma...).pdf</TD></TR></TABLE>
ha ha ha ha your no help at all....
Old 09-14-2003, 12:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you should just order the manual from helms... it wont take as long as you think. i have ordered many manuals from them, usally i have them in less than a week! also if you go to the service department of you local honda dealership and ask nicely they will usally let you photo copy the pages you need! one more thing, adjusting your valves and replacing t-belt/water pump are pretty easy, if your in that big of a hurry use a haynes until your helms shows up. if you post year and engine size i'm sure that someone will give you the valve clearances... good luck tom
Old 09-14-2003, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

is helms alot better than haynes and chilton which can be found at autozone and other such places
Old 09-14-2003, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

got my helms on ebay for 50 plus shipping (ended up being cheaper all together)
Old 09-14-2003, 07:05 AM
Banned

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

i can send you a copy of an electronic version until you buy the real one

ps - anybody know where to find a 4th gen pdf??
Old 09-14-2003, 07:10 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you should just order the manual from helms... it wont take as long as you think. i have ordered many manuals from them, usally i have them in less than a week! also if you go to the service department of you local honda dealership and ask nicely they will usally let you photo copy the pages you need! one more thing, adjusting your valves and replacing t-belt/water pump are pretty easy, if your in that big of a hurry use a haynes until your helms shows up. if you post year and engine size i'm sure that someone will give you the valve clearances... good luck tom</TD></TR></TABLE>

i ordered mine 4 months ago, didnt receive it. each time i called to ask where it as and when i could expect it, they said they didnt know.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (c1civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by c1civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is helms alot better than haynes and chilton which can be found at autozone and other such places</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've have to say ... YES! I used to have a Shitons, and the instructions were vague. I mean, I guess it did help a little, but some stuff was still confusing. With a Helms, it tells you EXACLTY what you need to do with very detailed instructions. From removing the back seat to removing the engine to adjusting the headlights, it tells you how to do it all.
Old 09-26-2003, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Daniel)

i got the correct manual if you need it...
Old 09-26-2003, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (88hf)

That would be great, e-mail it to me on manuelkahlil@aol.com think I have enough space on that account. I PMed you
Old 09-26-2003, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Who else sells Helms Service Manuals, HELMINC doesn't have any. (Carlo)

you for real. I jsut ordered mine from Helminc.com two weeks ago. they said I probably won't get it for a month or so being that it was on back order. to my luck they were wrong got it in a this week.
Old 09-26-2003, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who else sells Helms Service Manuals, HELMINC doesn't have any. (midnightdarknes5)

damn,, i could have saved you $65+ that you spent...
Old 09-26-2003, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Daniel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Daniel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">From removing the back seat to removing the engine to adjusting the headlights, it tells you how to do it all. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Like, ohmygod i need one.
Old 09-26-2003, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Carlo)

why dont you just post and ask what you have questions about.. I mean its not that hard to change the timing belt and do valve adjustments also
Old 09-28-2003, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this is to 88hf, because he blocked me from all acces to him, email me back man, im new to this and could have done without your little explosion

jesus christ man calm the **** down, i was jsut tryin g to make sure u were copying it for free. of course i was gonig to pay shipping, i was going to ask u how much u wanted for the shiping back, damn. not trying to be a dick or anything but u total blew this thing up. jsut trying to get your ofer stragiht
if u r going to be dick like that, then i will jsut go buy one i guess. damn.
later
PS..HOnestly u need to chill man and a gentlemen dont tlak that way
Old 09-28-2003, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (c1civic)

first off you are blocked for a reason... next time read the emails people send to you. and if they are doing your a favor and its free. dont ask them if they are paying for shipping, when it clearly says twice that YOU are paying for shipping....

live and learn and get some better reading skills.....

most importantly people on this board do not want to hear you wine.. if your blocked theres a reason for it....

so get over it...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who else sells Helms Service Manuals, HELMINC doesn't have any.