Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

White Smoke fun...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White Smoke fun...

i blew my engine recently (crank bearing and rod threw block...good times...) so i bought a new one to put in. It was off ebay (hondapartsheaven i think was the store) seemed ok a lil weary but I needed to put it in asap and d16y8s seem harder and harder to find.

Long story short, one night of pains taking swappage i got the thing in there and all that jazz, next morning i put the finish touchs (fluids etc.)

start the car up, seems to be running fine (except small intake vibration from CAI, no biggy), no codes w/e then i start driving it mildly keeping it under 3k...fine for about 2 miles, then shifting at 4k trying to gradually see if something is wrong...

then starts smoking heavily from the exhuaust...heavy white smoke (im thinking coolant, oil or both cant really tell from rear view). Pulled over turned it off reset the ecu, engine light goes off still smoking, drive back home very upset.

Just from common sense I am thinking Head Gasket, Valves, Rings...going to compression it tomorrow and will follow up.

But just wanted to know anyone's experiences, opinions, and expertese please...During the swap, I did not open engine or anything at all (assuming it was in the said condition, foolish of me i know but school starts monday and was in a hurry).

Thanks in advance for your time, I did a search and it helped a little, but would really like some more input on my particular situation if that is ok....will follow up with test results hopefully tomorrow earlier