Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Whill 92-96 Mounts fit 96-00 Civics

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whill 92-96 Mounts fit 96-00 Civics

I just wondered if anyone new if there was any difference between the engine mounts you can buy for eg model civics 92-96 and the ek models 96-00??? If not thats great news because they are loads cheaper. I think there the same because the engines are almost identical!?
Please help... thankyou Simon
Old 12-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nope. Wont work. Mounts are way different.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (hatchbkdrvr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchbkdrvr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nope. Wont work. Mounts are way different.</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually, the rear mount and the torque mounts are the same. only the left and right (tranny) mounts are different.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:50 AM

Default Re: (philosofy1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

actually, the rear mount and the torque mounts are the same. only the left and right (tranny) mounts are different.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats true
Old 12-18-2007, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Passenger side mount and drivers side mounts are different, correct? The guy is asking if he can use 92-95 mounts for 96-00, correct? Well the answer is NO. And yes the engines are identical yet their car's engine bays are not.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchbkdrvr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Passenger side mount and drivers side mounts are different, correct? The guy is asking if he can use 92-95 mounts for 96-00, correct? Well the answer is NO. And yes the engines are identical yet their car's engine bays are not.</TD></TR></TABLE>

????? i don't get what you are saying? we already answer that.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchbkdrvr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Passenger side mount and drivers side mounts are different, correct? The guy is asking if he can use 92-95 mounts for 96-00, correct? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Correct, that is what he is asking, and what philosofy1 said is that the REAR Motor Mount and Torque mounts from the 92-95 Civic will work on a 96-00 Civic, and he is correct! The only mounts that differ between the two generations are the top Tranny mount, and the Drivers side Motor mount.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is it that hard to comprehend???
Should I break it down even easier?
The guy is asking if he can use the mounts and the answer is No!
You never answered that for him.
All you stated was the obvious, yet leaving him without an answer.
I assume he wants a yes or no answer.
And again that answer is no.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchbkdrvr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is it that hard to comprehend???
Should I break it down even easier?
The guy is asking if he can use the mounts and the answer is No!
You never answered that for him.
And again that answer is no. </TD></TR></TABLE>

it must be very hard for you so here, let me break it down for you.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by simonek87 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just wondered if anyone new if there was any difference between the engine mounts you can buy for eg model civics 92-96 and the ek models 96-00??? If not thats great news because they are loads cheaper. I think there the same because the engines are almost identical!?
Please help... thankyou Simon </TD></TR></TABLE>

you see hatchbkdrvr, right here, the op doesn't specify what mounts he is talking about, so it's a general question.

so i took the time to explain it further in this quote:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

actually, the rear mount and the torque mounts are the same. only the left and right (tranny) mounts are different.</TD></TR></TABLE>

what more is needed? though my reply is simple and it's to the point.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchbkdrvr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
And again that answer is no. </TD></TR></TABLE>

so again, what? it's pretty simple, if he is asking for a rear mount or torque mounts, then yes they are the same and can use them if they are cheaper in price.
if he wants a driver or tranny mount then no, they are not the same.

i figured that the OP got what i was saying, but i guess your more basic than that. so know that i have simplified it for you, study it!

don't forget that <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by daluv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> philosofy1 is correct! </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 12-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Love the Sig lol!
Old 12-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well sorry for giving him credit and assuming he was asking about the drivers side and passenger side mount . In reality we all know he was. But hey whatever you can find and use to try and justify that "philosofy1 is correct!" More power to you.
By the way, It must be hard carrying that big fuc*ing head of yours everywhere along with walking while daluv has his face on your ****.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchbkdrvr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nope. Wont work. Mounts are way different.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your statement here is not very specific. The OP asked if the mounts were different, not specifically asking which mounts, leaving it open to any response dealing with any mount. Now, if your response was something like this:

"The drivers side mount and the tranny mount wont work, they are different."
That would make us jerks for saying you were wrong.
But you saying:
This statement says to me, and Im sure to ANYONE that reads it, that NONE of the mounts work. You didnt specify, therefore your answer was incorrect.

For the record, I dont think Ive ever came a cross Philosofy1 in a thread before. And I am not a *****, I wouldnt put someones genitals on my face the first time I meet them.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchbkdrvr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well sorry for giving him credit and assuming he was asking about the drivers side and passenger side mount . In reality we all know he was.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

do we really? how can you tell, i missed that part of the post. i mean the other mounts don't break, do they? i guess those are the only mounts that go bad.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchbkdrvr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
By the way, It must be hard carrying that big fuc*ing head of yours everywhere along with walking while daluv has his face on your ****.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

whoa, whoa, whoa. all i see is a big baby. is the name calling and profanity really necessary? i'm sorry you didn't know what you were talking about, but it's not my fault. but hey, this is what i log on to HT for, to help people with (to the best of my knowledge) with there car questions and to re-inform the misinformed.

as for daluv, never seen him before on HT, this thread is the first time. so leave him out of it.

and for my sig, it's actually a running joke, but i wouldn't expect you to understand it since it's not targeted at you and reading comprehension owns you!
Old 12-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and for my sig, it's actually a running joke, but i wouldn't expect you to understand it since it's not targeted at you and reading comprehension owns you! </TD></TR></TABLE>

So let me get this straight. Bare with me because apparently reading comprehension owns me (you know there is nothing more in this world that i hate than people using the term owns/pmns you). With that said, why would you include daluv (who you've never seen on ht until today, in a on running joke)? You say I wouldnt understand it so why include daluv who obviously wouldnt understand it either?
Old 12-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So let me get this straight. Bare with me because apparently reading comprehension owns me (you know there is nothing more in this world that i hate than people using the term owns/pmns you). </TD></TR></TABLE>

i could care less what you hate, honestly!

why would you include daluv (who you've never seen on ht until today, in a on running joke)? You say I wouldnt understand it so why include daluv who obviously wouldnt understand it either?</TD></TR></TABLE>

because the joke isn't targeted at daluv either!
man, you really don't get anything.

Are you done?
Old 12-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So let me get this straight. Bare with me because apparently reading comprehension owns me (you know there is nothing more in this world that i hate than people using the term owns/pmns you). With that said, why would you include daluv (who you've never seen on ht until today, in a on running joke)? You say I wouldnt understand it so why include daluv who obviously wouldnt understand it either?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The reason I said " Love the sig" is because someone took one of my quotes and put it in thier sig, and I thinks its funny! I was not included in on the joke. If you read his sig SLOW AND CAREFULLY, you will see how it is directed towards H-T Member: Bserious. Hence why under my wuote he says "I guess Bserious isnt the only one!"

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchbkdrvr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well sorry for giving him credit and assuming he was asking about the drivers side and passenger side mount . </TD></TR></TABLE>

The problem here is that you ASSUMED. You should know better, you cant assume anything on H-T.