Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Where to install Autometer water temp sensor?

Old 03-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to install Autometer water temp sensor?

I have a set of gauges I picked up a long time ago, finally trying to get around to installing them. I know how to do the a/f, oil pressure, but not sure where I should put the sensor for the water temp? I was told to get the greddy adapter that goes into the upper radiator hose, but not sure that since the autometer is american it would thread into it. Don't really want to waste the 30$ to find out I can't use it. It's going on a Z6 motor. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Where to install Autometer water temp sensor? (potatostix)

My friend tapped the water neck going into the head.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Where to install Autometer water temp sensor? (potatostix)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by potatostix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a set of gauges I picked up a long time ago, finally trying to get around to installing them. I know how to do the a/f, oil pressure, but not sure where I should put the sensor for the water temp? I was told to get the greddy adapter that goes into the upper radiator hose, but not sure that since the autometer is american it would thread into it. Don't really want to waste the 30$ to find out I can't use it. It's going on a Z6 motor. Any help would be appreciated.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can make your own. Just take a piece of pipe that is small enough to fit snug and drill a hole in it. It would work best if you use the electric sensor, that way if you ever want to move the gauge, you dont have to remove the pipe. The manual guage is one piuece per se, i.e the gauge line and sensor are one. The elctric is two piece. JB weld or real weld the sensor into the pipe. Mine worked fine like that. If you must use the greddy or similar product, just line up the threads. On alot of sites, even greddy I beleive, they list what thread it is. Then findout what thread the sensor is.