Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Where to get passenger and drivers side door window trim? and wiper blade arms?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get passenger and drivers side door window trim? and wiper blade arms?

I have looked around at Ebay and a few other sites without any luck. Where is a good place to get OEM replacement parts for my 1996 Civic Hatch? I assume the window trim and wiper blades are the same regardless if cx, dx, 4 door or whatever for that year as long as it is a Civic?

Last edited by country_agent; 07-21-2010 at 05:03 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where to get passenger and drivers side door window trim? and wiper blade arms?

i wouldnt get those parts in replacement parts ( do they even make em). I would go to honda and buy new just to be on teh safe side
Old 07-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where to get passenger and drivers side door window trim? and wiper blade arms?

Originally Posted by Jdmglenn
i wouldnt get those parts in replacement parts ( do they even make em). I would go to honda and buy new just to be on teh safe side
Ah the dealer that sucks but I guess that would be a great place to start. lol
Old 07-20-2010, 09:17 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

What's wrong with yours?

Find a local powdercoater. Get your wiper arms coated matte black there. Bring them home and remove some of the coating from either side of the "hook". Paint the ends of your wiper arms matter black with spray paint to cover those little scratches. Let dry.

Put then back on your car and enjoy.

As for the window trim, which window(s) on what car?
Old 07-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hit up a junk yard and see what you can find.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NOFX
What's wrong with yours?

Find a local powdercoater. Get your wiper arms coated matte black there. Bring them home and remove some of the coating from either side of the "hook". Paint the ends of your wiper arms matter black with spray paint to cover those little scratches. Let dry.

Put then back on your car and enjoy.

As for the window trim, which window(s) on what car?
Driver and passenger side - the trim that lays on the window above the door handle that long piece.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:36 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I know exactly what you're talking about.

There's two ways to attack this.

Wiper arms are easy...sand...prime...paint...clear if you want the extra protection. They have matte finish clearcoat.

WINDOW TRIM....you can buy replacements on http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

Go to Honda Parts...put your make and model...and then go to MOLDING under the dropdown menu.

METHOD TWO *DIY money saver method*...I took mine off (lemme know if you haven't figured that out and I can give further input on that) and took a razor and scraped all the rubber coating off of the metal...obviously not the seal that goes to the window. I even took off the little lip that points downward to the ground. I wetsanded down to 1000...taped off the seal that touches the window all the way into the channel...primed...painted...and cleared. If you really wanted to you could use rubberized undercoating (available at any local autoparts place) and make it look more OEM. I think the black paint looks real sharp and will probably outlast rubberized coating.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got them ordered - thank you!
Old 07-21-2010, 04:07 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Good stuff...if you remember to...post a pic up and let's see how they look.

I've never seen brand new ones...just ones in good shape that people have worked about a half a bottle of back to black into.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:32 PM
H-T White Ops

I used to paint wiper arms too. Then I figured out powdercoating is super cheap and lasts so much longer. I've painted the same set of arms so many times, but once it's been powdercoated I haven't had to touch them since.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have brand new oem window trim still, looks a lot better than old *** ones. as for wiper arms, i did what NOFX said, i got them sandblasted, then powdercoated
Old 07-22-2010, 10:03 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

How much did it cost to get the arms done?
Old 07-22-2010, 10:41 AM
H-T White Ops

It cost us about $25 to get two sets of wiper arms powdercoated locally.

Flat/Matte black is a common color and therefore get s shot pretty often, so it's cheap and you don't usually have to wait long.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:53 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Oh wow...I'd never had to have anything powdercoated so I just assumed it would be expensive.

Much better solution than the paint. Kudos