Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

where does this hose that connects to this nipple go(y8IM)

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where does this hose that connects to this nipple go(y8IM)

[IMG][/IMG]

wondering where this hose goes? i put a y8IM on a y7 head and not sure where this hose goes. just paid 1000 for the mechanic to fix my problems and took 2 weeks and he pretty much did nothing. and wrote down that he did alot of **** but in reality he just jerry rigged the **** out of it capped where ever that hose goes and said that that was my total and your car is ready to go. so i started and first thing i new the engine was going slowly up to 1500rpms and back down to 1000rpms, i touched the gas and it felt like the throttle cable was disconnected cause there was no tension. i looked at it and was like wtf. guy just charged me a grand and did as good of a job as a ten year old ill get pics whenever i get my car back again.

im 16 and a grand isnt very easy to come by either. have to work *** off for it and this guy just stole it from me.....atleast thats what it feels like.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump thanks to anyone who helps in advanced.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

goes to the PCV under the inake manifold Positive Crankcase Ventilation)
...I dont have a good pic of it

Tell your mechanic to do it right or you'll take him to court...

edit**
Here's a basic idea

6 is the PCV
Old 11-28-2006, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (big-cat)

pcv valve/black box on back of motor..
Old 11-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the help/support guys. honda motors> redneck. redneck=v8. he just capped that piece off. my personal thoughts on the y8IM swap on the y7. i think that they just werent meant to be.maybe that is just because i am 16 and dont have much experience on cars yet. idk but thanks again.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:53 PM

get your money back from your mechanic.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

first off i dont have much mechanic experience or car experience one so ever. i planed on doing this while my dad was away. i did everything correctly except for i didnt get enough of the old IM gasket off(it was pretty good but apparently not good enough. thats a bitch i must say) and i spliced my injector wires so i could get them to fit and that was a no no. those are the only to things that i fucked up with and my dad saw spliced wires and he was like im towing it into a shop and they will know what to do.

no i told him it wasnt right and it wasnt even drivable so i was like (to the manager) look at this. and he was like yeah thats not right. i went there today and they are resolving it. everything is fine money wise it cost way to much. but if i pay a grand i atleast expect my **** to be perfect and it wasnt. he ripped me off i know but i just will say bad **** about it and never go back there again. oh well there goes my turbo money. now i have to start all over again. fuking mechanics. he told me at the end he's like. " u know more than i know about this or my mechanics know about it cause this takes research and time". in my head i was like well if u didnt know how to do it then why the *** did u take my car in.
16year old + 1g = lots of time and work. all to get a stupid y8 IM on. the story keeps on going but i want to get over it and stop being a little bitch about it and move on with my life. so yeah.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

man I could of done same job for 2 bills I say get some kind of cash back or take him to court. Is he at least a liscenced mechanic??
Old 11-29-2006, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by big-cat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
. he told me at the end he's like. " u know more than i know about this or my mechanics know about it cause this takes research and time". .</TD></TR></TABLE>tell him its called helm manual. that dumbshit
Old 11-29-2006, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah he is licensed i think. hes been in buisness for 26 years so i would hope hes licensed but he sure as hell doesnt know how to work on honda's. aparently that hose is supposed to be blocked on a y7? thats what he is doing. i am also using a p06 ecu. with the 240cc injectors. should i be getting a code??
Old 11-30-2006, 02:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for the last question i had thank u.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

it shouldnt be blocked off, no...it has a pcv valve.
Are you getting an ecu code? (cel) If so, just jump the harness by the ecu (search the "helpful faq" thread at the top of the page to get info, on how its done.

Seriously man, if its STILL not right, tell them to fix it until its perfect, and youre not paying a dime. If they wont participate, sue...or at least tell them youre taking them to court over it.
MOST shops will just cooperate with you then, because they will, more than likely, lose the case.
Small claims doesnt use lawyers, its just you and the shop manager before a "judge", where you both argue your cases. I dont know the way it works in Fl, but you might have to have your dad stand in, as your rep.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:59 AM
318 Curves, 11 miles

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

I'm not sure what year that motor is, but on my 2000 y8, that goes to the Evap Purge valve, which goes to the charcoal canister. You seem to be missing the evap purge. It bolts directly to the back center of the fuel rail. Do you have bolt holes in the fuel rail where it should be? Maybe the older ones don't have it.

I know because I just changed mine last night. If it's bad or missing, you'll throw a P1427 code (at least on a 2000 motor), which usually means missing gas cap, but also indicates problems in the evap.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

apparently i am not throwing a code.but the car ran like **** and had a code on. and they were like yeah cars not running right blady blady blah. so i go home and im like let me throw my p2e ecu back in. runs fine but slower and no code. i think its because i have the 240cc's and the ecu is use to the 190cc's. should i throw my old 190cc's back in? im keeping the obd2 ecu cause it runs perfect with it in. now i just have to fix the slowness problem.

lol i wish i could take him to court and sew him cause im on the varsity debate team at my school for student congress, and i have one like 10 or 9 trophies not sure (my teacher keeps them in class till we graduate and then gives them to us.) but i could prob get some money from the guy or my money back but i dont feel like going through all that bullshit, i just see it as another bump in the rode. of course its wrong but im learning now that life usually isnt right.