Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

where does everyone get that clear braided hose?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default where does everyone get that clear braided hose?

Im trying to find some of that clear hose that everyone uses for their catch can's where can i find this stuff and whats it called
Old 03-10-2005, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: where does everyone get that clear braided hose? (NAPIER)

it usually comes with the catch can, but i'd recommend getting stainless lines instead. besides, the clear braided hose looks like the hose for a kitchen sink spray and would probably turn brown once oil flows through it...just my opinion of course i'm sure you can find the clear hose at a hardware store...oh yah, and my braided lines are -8 size. good luck!

here's a pic of mine:

Old 03-10-2005, 09:59 PM

Default Re: where does everyone get that clear braided hose? (Mashimaro)

Plus it deforms when heated and can pinch shut in my experience. Yeah it looks nice, but you are better off with standard vacuum hose.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: where does everyone get that clear braided hose? (RedlinedVTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedlinedVTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Plus it deforms when heated and can pinch shut in my experience. Yeah it looks nice, but you are better off with standard vacuum hose.</TD></TR></TABLE>

even better off with Braided SS lines.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:52 PM
Motorhead

Default Re: where does everyone get that clear braided hose? (NAPIER)

You can get it at Home Depot, but I wouldn't use it anywhere that is pressurized. Only ventalation areas.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:56 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: where does everyone get that clear braided hose? (Mashimaro)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mashimaro &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it usually comes with the catch can, but i'd recommend getting stainless lines instead. besides, the clear braided hose looks like the hose for a kitchen sink spray and would probably turn brown once oil flows through it...just my opinion of course i'm sure you can find the clear hose at a hardware store...oh yah, and my braided lines are -8 size. good luck!

here's a pic of mine:

</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea, you could get it at home depot but its not made to withstand heat. its only for plumbing
Old 03-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Motorhead

Default Re: where does everyone get that clear braided hose? (emo-ejcoupe1.6)

[/QUOTE]yea, you could get it at home depot but its not made to withstand heat. its only for plumbing[/QUOTE]

you can use it for the valve cover ventalation & overflow container. your correct, it's not made for high heat, however, I've used it for 6 or so years & never had a problem. I would NOT recommend it for anything else.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: where does everyone get that clear braided hose? (Motorhead)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Motorhead &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea, you could get it at home depot but its not made to withstand heat. its only for plumbing

you can use it for the valve cover ventalation & overflow container. your correct, it's not made for high heat, however, I've used it for 6 or so years & never had a problem. I would NOT recommend it for anything else. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah... it shouldn't see that much heat if you are just routing it from your valve cover to the catch can... plus, it won't see vacuum so you don't have to worry about it collapsing... I've seen the regular old clear hose stuff from Home Depot used many times without any problems... it's in the plumbing section I think...