Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Where do i get this and how much???

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do i get this and how much???

i really want one of them intake introduction horn... who makes them just like that one and where do i get it??
Old 12-06-2003, 07:42 AM

Default Re: Where do i get this and how much??? (Houston Hatchback)

Some dude was selling some in the classifieds a few days ago. But I am too lazy to search for it.
Old 12-06-2003, 07:43 AM

I don't know who makes it, but that looks pretty damn good!
Old 12-06-2003, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Where do i get this and how much??? (solsteeler)

what are the details on it. is it a CAI or just a little extension for the short Ram

EDIT: just looked at the pictures again and im an idiot.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:02 AM
jg
Honda-Tech Member

That was an Iceman optional part if I remember correctly. ...and yes, there was a guy here making repros of that piece. That red/orange intake in the pic is an Iceman intake.
I've been looking for one of those headlamp vents as well.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where do i get this and how much??? (jg)

where does the air filter go?????
Old 12-06-2003, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Where do i get this and how much??? (Soccerking3000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Soccerking3000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where does the air filter go?????</TD></TR></TABLE>

i was about to ask that
Old 12-06-2003, 09:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Where do i get this and how much??? (GsR HtCh)

No filter, goes straight into the throttle body into the intake manifold. Which would dub this piece of air induction hardware "For Track Use Only".
Old 12-06-2003, 09:08 AM

Default Re: Where do i get this and how much??? (Echo7847)

some guy on here has them... not sure what car though... hold on let me look

aha! https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=656656

you owe me your life
Old 12-06-2003, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where do i get this and how much??? (Echo7847)

I wouldnt even use that for the track. There is plenty of dust and debris there also.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where do i get this and how much??? (Scot project)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Scot project &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wouldnt even use that for the track. There is plenty of dust and debris there also.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yup
Old 12-06-2003, 09:24 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Unless you've already got every other bolton, including cams and internals, and your civic can hit 100mph on the dragstrip, this is a worthless mod that takes away one of your functional headlights.

Ram-Air isn't helping you until very high speeds. If you buy this because you think it's going to do jack **** for your ET or trap you're an ignorant ricer .
Old 12-06-2003, 09:27 AM

Default Re: (Archidictus)

are you sure about that? i don't think you really know what your talking about.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JTurbo21 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I jumped on this cause i seen the power it can make over a reg short ram intake.This is courtesy of Import Review and Import Builders.This is the OG iceman version.As you can see they are pretty much the same eg ram air peice and look at the power it makes.

The short ram is your typical 1.5 foot pipe that is about 2.5 inches with your K&N filter inside the engine bay.

And the BIG LINE is the Iceman Race for at the track. Call it the Dominator.

Iceman is a respectable company. They make good products at a reasonable cost.

The motor it was tested on was a LS/VTEC with slightly high compression.

Jeff</TD></TR></TABLE>

taken from this thread: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=402815&page=3

at 0 mph you get +7whp and +8wtq (will vary depending on motor, but for a stock d you should still see some gains)
i'd like to see it at 100 mph...
Old 12-06-2003, 09:40 AM
ng

I wouldn't think you'd see that much of a difference on a dyno, the damn car isn't even moving...
Old 12-06-2003, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

As said above, its an iceman intake copy.

liam
Old 12-06-2003, 10:21 AM
Unceasing Measure

Default Re: (ng)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ng &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wouldn't think you'd see that much of a difference on a dyno, the damn car isn't even moving...</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can see the same kinds of gains by going to a quality CAI...and ram air devices don't do **** until there's adequate airflow. If they had a 100mph wind blowing into the tube I would understand the numbers, but comparing a short ram to an external-pickup intake tube with NO FILTER TO SLOW DOWN VELOCITY is retarded.

Move the CAI filter outside the engine bay and you'll see the same results, though slightly less because of the filter. Ram Air systems work by forcing manifold pressures to be increased at speed due to larger quantities of air being shunted into the tube that would, otherwise, not be exposed to such surface area.

If you want to make a ram air device that works, you need to take the surface area of your K&N filter first: that's the surface area that you will need to meet or excede in order to gather enough air to create the same amount of manifold pressure...but there's a catch. The speed of air is greately reduced due to the filter element, so the ram air device's surface area can be reduced by factoring in the percentage of lost intake velocity due to the filter. If the air is slowed 17% by the filter, the ram air device needs to have surface area at least 83% of the filter in order to function as well at normal operating speeds.

Air filters gradually interfere with airflow MORE as ambiant air velocity increases, obviously, so this is where the ram air, filterless system is making substantial gains. Whereas a filter may offer 17% resistance at 5mph, it could be significantly higher, say 35% at 75mph: this is where you gain the most from a ram air system. The resistance is still 0% and, due to the ability to take a good amount of unrestricted air, manifold pressure actually increases (more air molecules per cubic unit, more pressure per cubic unit) thus creating more power.

Because intake velocity increases substantially in a Honda (high rev limit, good rod/stroke ratio), there are small gains to be found by removing a filter &lt;resistance&gt;, however, the results you'll see on a normal-compression, lightly-modded engine are minimal to none. In other words, unless you A.) travel at high speeds often or B.) have highetened compression or huge cams, it would benefit you just as much to take the filter off your intake tube.

Aside from the physics lesson, you can make your own for $5 worth of Home Depot materials and it would be pretty gay to pay a large amount of money for a product that could be replicated from a simple surface area equation and 10 minutes of work .
Old 12-06-2003, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What is Iceman website. I am having trouble finding it.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:24 AM

Dont waste the money man, would you really want to put it on for track use we'll say and go out on the track without any protection? Dont want to get crap into your engine!
Old 12-06-2003, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i like it. It looks cool and is removable. But it sucks cause there is no filter.
Old 12-06-2003, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where do i get this and how much??? (sohcvtec1995)

http://www.icemanmotorsports.com/index.html

http://www.icemanmotorsports.c....html#
Old 12-06-2003, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thankyou kindly, I can order it now.
Old 12-06-2003, 11:27 AM

Default Re: (allmotorhatch)

archd: you're the man. i guess you do know what you're talking about.

in my opinion, running with out a filter is retarded. bugs, dirt, whatever else, in your combustion chamber =
also, i think cai's are somewhat retarded as well. water in your combustion chamer =

sure +3whp is great, but it's not worth it. short ram or comptech icebox is the only way to go. or turbo

i'd like to see someone with a stock motor do a dynorun with every possible intake setup. then we could settle all this bs once and for all.
Old 12-06-2003, 11:28 AM

Default Re: (allmotorhatch)

not for nothing, but thats one of the best ram air's out for a civic. the airflow is direct, nothing is better than direct airflow. you will see MEGA performance gains at any speed or rpm.

i def would not use this for daily driving though, the risk is way to high for sucking in ****. (ive done it before)

but im sure you can Fabricate a filter into the tube using a flat style filter and it would still be great.

how much is this anyway?
Old 12-06-2003, 12:01 PM
Unceasing Measure

Default Re: (jwn7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jwn7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">archd: you're the man. i guess you do know what you're talking about. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I appreciate the sentiment .

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">in my opinion, running with out a filter is retarded. bugs, dirt, whatever else, in your combustion chamber =
also, i think cai's are somewhat retarded as well. water in your combustion chamer = </TD></TR></TABLE>

EXACTLY. Thank you .

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sure +3whp is great, but it's not worth it. short ram or comptech icebox is the only way to go. or turbo </TD></TR></TABLE>

Again, absolutely true. If your Honda is so fast that removing headlights becomes your next viable performance mod, you probably aren't naturally aspirated anyhow .
Old 12-06-2003, 12:23 PM

Default Re: (Archidictus)

I have it. I use it at the Autocross on my EP car.

It works. Period. It's not a small change.

I bought it for the simple fact it draws air from the coldest area on the car.

I put a piece of window screen at the hose coupler.

I also use a Hondata IM gasket. I figure start at the source, give the motor cold air.

No time slip, no dyno charts, but my word. It works.

Sounds mean as **** too.

Quick Reply: Where do i get this and how much???