Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Where can I get a tapped fuel filter banjo bolt?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I get a tapped fuel filter banjo bolt?

Hey guys. So, my gorilla hands broke the banjo bolt that goes into the top of my fuel filter. It wasn't an oem bolt. It was a tapped bolt that came with my fuel pressure gauge. Any idea where I can get a replacement? A link perhaps...

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-28-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Where can I get a tapped fuel filter banjo bolt? (CALC!_JUST_du_IT!)

http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/
Old 10-28-2007, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Where can I get a tapped fuel filter banjo bolt? (kpowerdhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kpowerdhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/</TD></TR></TABLE>

Mine was leaking at the banjo bolt on the filter and I bought one from there. They're OEM genuine parts.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Where can I get a tapped fuel filter banjo bolt? (CALC!_JUST_du_IT!)

What brand is the gauge? You can probably get a replacement bolt from the manufacturer.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where can I get a tapped fuel filter banjo bolt? (Syndacate)

https://www.hondapartsdeals.co...+0401

There's the exact link - you didn't tell us what type of car you have but it's the same size on all D series...and I think B series as well.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:52 PM

Huh... the oem banjo bolt is tapped at the top? I did not know that... Does anybody know the threading on it?
Old 10-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that's different than the one that comes with fuel pressure gauges. he doesn't need the stock part. he needs it tapped.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:55 PM

The gauge is a Marshall 1/8 NPT, and it's going on a D16y8.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't think mine was tapped...I have a fuel pressure gauge on my car. I'm pretty sure it just went through a washer on each side of the banjo bolt and slid through the banjo bolt...the bolt screws into the top of the filter. If I recall correctly (which I'm pretty damn sure I do) the banjo bolt itself isn't threaded. The gauge just holds the banjo bolt down, instead of the regular bolt that holds it down - but it only screws into the filter - no threading on the banjo bolt itself.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CALC!_JUST_du_IT! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The gauge is a Marshall 1/8 NPT, and it's going on a D16y8.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Marshall should be able to send you one. Have you contacted them?
Old 10-28-2007, 03:08 PM

Syndacate, I think you're confused... The banjo bolt is definitely threaded; it passes through the collar on the fuel line, and threads into the fuel filter. The fuel pressure gauge is supposed to thread into the top of the banjo bolt.

So now I have a new question: is the TOP of the oem banjo bolt tapped to accept a fuel pressure gauge (it would originally be plugged), and, if so, what is the threading?

If the oem banjo bolt doesn't have a hole in the top of it for a gauge, where can I get one that does?
Old 10-28-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Where can I get a tapped fuel filter banjo bolt? (Padawan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Marshall should be able to send you one. Have you contacted them?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, the tapped banjo bolt I was using actually came with an ebay gauge... I was replacing it with the marshall gauge, which didn't come with any fittings at all.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CALC!_JUST_du_IT! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Syndacate, I think you're confused... The banjo bolt is definitely threaded; it passes through the collar on the fuel line, and threads into the fuel filter. The fuel pressure gauge is supposed to thread into the top of the banjo bolt.

So now I have a new question: is the TOP of the oem banjo bolt tapped to accept a fuel pressure gauge (it would originally be plugged), and, if so, what is the threading?

If the oem banjo bolt doesn't have a hole in the top of it for a gauge, where can I get one that does?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Notice how there's only threads at the bottom because when it passes through the banjo bolt there's no threads.

Oh well, guess I'm just wrong, dunno.

Well actually I do know, and I'm right.

So I must just have 2 defective engines, both my Z6 and my Y8 must have defective fuel lines as the banjo bolts weren't threaded...and then the replacement I bought from Honda OEM musta also been defective as that wasn't threaded either.

Then if you go buy another one from Honda that one will be defective too because that one's not threaded either.

NO BOLT threads into the banjo bolt, it's pressure fit by threading into the fuel filter, but whatever, I just have a bunch of defective parts that happen to work in my favor, good luck.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:20 PM

I really wasn't trying to be rude, and there's no reason to get all defensive... And you're still confused. The bolt in the bottom right of that picture you put up IS the banjo bolt, and it IS threaded.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:22 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
NO BOLT threads into the banjo bolt...</TD></TR></TABLE>

The gauge itself needs to be threaded into the banjo bolt.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CALC!_JUST_du_IT! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I really wasn't trying to be rude, and there's no reason to get all defensive... And you're still confused. The bolt in the bottom right of that picture you put up IS the banjo bolt, and it IS threaded. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I was confused, my mistake.

I was confusing the banjo fitting with the banjo bolt. I thought you were trying to say that the seal bolt that screws into the fuel filter also threaded through both the banjo fitting as well as the filter - and it definitely only passes through the fitting.

My mistake, sorry.

I re-read and understand your question now - my mistake.

I can get you the thread size if you don't know it, as per the replacement...I'm not sure if you can buy JUST the banjo bolt though as they're usually a kit with the gauge. I actually highly doubt you can. Though all hope's not lost, I mean it's only like a 30-40 dollar gauge, not like it's the end of the world, and in the meanwhile it's broke you still have the OEM sealed banjo bolt so fuel won't leak all over the place.

In the meantime I'd call the manufacturer and see what can be done. Unless you want to try to drill an OEM one and tap that (not recommended). Though like I said, it's sold as a kit so I doubt it.

Best of luck to you.