Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

where can i get center exit exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where can i get center exit exhaust

hi i was wondering where i could buy a cat back kit for my b16a n/a eg that would exit out of the center. i've seen center exit for alot of other cars but not 5th gen egs. does any company make one or would i need an exhaust shop to do it. i hate crimp bends though.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:03 PM

please stop making threads
it would have to be custom
no one makes it because it would look horrible on a honda
Old 04-22-2007, 10:10 PM

Default Re: (vtecftw)

horrible on a honda? i can think of 4 little hatchbacks that have center exit exhaust stock that looks pimp.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:34 PM

pimp is a caddy term my friend
i would never want my honda "pimp"
Old 04-22-2007, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (justinchodge)

A center exit isn't very practical. It would have to go under, around or though the sparetire well.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:38 PM

Default Re: (Farmer Brown)

RICER!!!!!! If you get center exit exhaust you kill little Kittens for every day it is on!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 10:43 PM

Default Re: (ARCHway Jtuned)

ha how is that ricer? care to elaborate on that a little bit?
Old 04-22-2007, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: where can i get center exit exhaust (justinchodge)

No center exhaust. I second that. Not worth it. Never seen on a Honda that wasn't custom.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:47 PM

Are you ******* retarted?? The stock goes out the left or right side not the ******* middle. Got it? If it wasn't their its not supposed to be their. Wait, get the center exhaust and a huge cf wing, cf fenders and paint the rest pink and tatto *** on your forehead. To match the poor civic you destroyed.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't give him ideas, he might do it
Old 04-23-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Re: (mr_nemesis2003)

I was hoping he would.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:42 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Has the OP EVER looked underneath his car?

Has the OP ever compared the construction of the bottom of his Honda to that of the "four little hatchbacks" he can think of that have center exitting exhaust pipes?

Does the OP understand that this has little to do with the body style of the car (that is, hatchback)?
Old 04-23-2007, 10:49 PM

Default Re: (NOFX)

yeah i have looked under the car and its easily feesable to get center exhaust for a honda. as long as the muffler is somewhere in the mix prior to the bend toward the center exit tip. i love how any exterior mod is considered rice by you guys. carbon fiber fenders are rice? since when was carbon fiber rice? upgrading to a stronger lighter material? those mercedes slr mclarens are sooo rice with all that carbon fiber on them. rims are rice too. and carbon fiber hoods are rice too even if they are oem. oh and painting your car thats rice. you can only have it stock colored anything not stock is rice. doesnt matter if your paint is peeling, you better damn keep its stock or ur a ricer. oh and tint is rice too, no tint not even 95% or ur a ricer. and steering wheels are rice too gotta keep that stock. oh and the interior you better damn keep that stock. its rice if you take out the back for reduced weight or if you add anything that makes weight. oh and absolutely no mods to the stereo system you better damm well have your stock cassette deck in there or ur a total ricer. now that i think about it i/h/e of any sort is pretty ricey if its shiney. did that cover all the bases? or did i miss something? oh yeah i forgot about shift ***** if you get a shift **** thats not stock ur rice and you eat it too.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

rice is when you put on stupid bodykits and big huge *** wings on your car that do absolutly no good but make your car look dumb it's because of ricers that everone else a bad name
Old 04-23-2007, 11:39 PM

Default Re: (hifonics)

To OP since you are officially to stupid to figure this out im going to help you out.
First of all welcome to H-T as I can see you are a new member I hope your time on this site is helpful and maybe you can even help giving other people a little info, Even though you prob may just give little to none. Secondly You ask why a center exhaust is "Rice", Well here is your answer "Rice" Is form over function "Not Rice" is Function over form. You trying to put a center exit exhaust is Form over function because you would have to wrap the piping AROUND THE SPARE TIRE WELL. Unless you go through the spare tire well, Which would prove useless and make it incapable to carry a spare at any time for the remainder of the vehicles life. Going under your well runs the risk of bottoming out the exhaust piping which proves to function of it pretty useless. You can run it around the well, But this causes more restriction to your flow of the exhaust causing less HP and pretty much making it useless as well therefore its "Rice". Third thing all these different posts your making are pointless and points should be deducted from you for cluttering up the forum with these pretty useless threads so next time ask all of your useless questions in one thread Thank You. Oh BTW just so you know before you try and post a thread, Search first H-T members hate people who ask the same questions in ten different threads because they were to lazy and/or ignorant to search. Work on your English and grammar as well and try using sentences .

Old 04-23-2007, 11:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jhonny Ricer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ARCHway Jtuned &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you ******* retarted?? The stock goes out the left or right side not the ******* middle. Got it? If it wasn't their its not supposed to be their. Wait, get the center exhaust and a huge cf wing, cf fenders and paint the rest pink and tatto *** on your forehead. To match the poor civic you destroyed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

just because its not where the stock exhaust exits doesnt mean its rice. what about the turbo guys running side exit exhaust? you can call that rice all you want but you cant deny the fact that they are making some serious power.

but to the OP. its rice because its unneccesary, and IMO pretty ugly . if you require the flow of a completely straight exhaust pipe all the way back maybe you should consider a side exit exit on your front bumper. but unless your running some crazy turbo set-up i doubt you need it.

but if you must do this, and you think its completely possible, then go talk to your local muffler shop and work something out with them. but do so at your own risk and buy a flame suit.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:30 AM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by justinchodge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah i have looked under the car and its easily feesable to get center exhaust for a honda. as long as the muffler is somewhere in the mix prior to the bend toward the center exit tip. i love how any exterior mod is considered rice by you guys. carbon fiber fenders are rice? since when was carbon fiber rice? upgrading to a stronger lighter material? those mercedes slr mclarens are sooo rice with all that carbon fiber on them. rims are rice too. and carbon fiber hoods are rice too even if they are oem. oh and painting your car thats rice. you can only have it stock colored anything not stock is rice. doesnt matter if your paint is peeling, you better damn keep its stock or ur a ricer. oh and tint is rice too, no tint not even 95% or ur a ricer. and steering wheels are rice too gotta keep that stock. oh and the interior you better damn keep that stock. its rice if you take out the back for reduced weight or if you add anything that makes weight. oh and absolutely no mods to the stereo system you better damm well have your stock cassette deck in there or ur a total ricer. now that i think about it i/h/e of any sort is pretty ricey if its shiney. did that cover all the bases? or did i miss something? oh yeah i forgot about shift ***** if you get a shift **** thats not stock ur rice and you eat it too.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I never said exterior mods were all rice.

And yes, carbon fiber fenders always looked guady to me. So are most carbon fiber parts in my opinion. And it's not always lighter than the stock part since often it's more than just pure carbon fiber. Often it's mounted to fiberglass for example. I can't remember the last time I saw anyone buy carbon fiber fenders or a carbon fiber hood because they were stronger. The weight savings aren't usually so much that most people are willing to replace their body panels to make their car faster. Usually those people so desperate to make their cars faster are more concerned with modifying the parts that actually make the car go fast instead of adding on a carbon fiber hood and removing their rear seat.

And the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren has carbon fiber body panels strictly for weight reduction and strength. Civics generally end up with carbon fiber parts on them for "bling" factor. If it was always just to do with weight reduction and strength then I'd expect to see higher quality carbon fiber on a more regular basis and I'd expect to see much more of it painted. As it is, I've seen very few people with painted carbon fiber hoods. In fact, when I've mentioned to peopel in the past that if I were to get a carbon fiber hood, I would paint it... people have reacted as though I just told them I had raped their mother.

Btw, I think you might want to go back out there and rethink the possibility of having a center exhaust that works worth anything. What you are suggesting will probably require quite a bit of underbody modification and custom fabrication of an exhaust. On top of that, it's possibly a dangerous setup (that is, it could be like the RSR GT-II and rest against the fuel tank).
Old 04-24-2007, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it's like the rsr then it is coo. but putting it in the center, what the hell is he trying to be.... a corvette? also, he would have to cut an oppening in the bumper, and cover the old opening up. Good luck going out of driveways.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:57 AM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (mr_nemesis2003)

I've seen the RSR GT-II melt the fuel tank coating on Civics before. I'm talking about where the pipe touches the fuel tank.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've seen the RSR GT-II melt the fuel tank coating on Civics before. I'm talking about where the pipe touches the fuel tank.</TD></TR></TABLE>

mine doesn't melt anything

and a center exit exhaust is meant to be the highest flow you can achieve, going under the car, with no bends...it's more common than you think

Old 04-24-2007, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (2coupes)

the exhaust in that first pic looks horrible, and the second pic is a s2k race car (not to be confused with a piece of **** hatchback)
Old 04-24-2007, 08:39 AM

Honda's engineers were thinking the same thing, so were a lot of other people who care about function over form.

As far as the spare goes, I have 17s, it would be silly to carry the spare.

That's what AAA is for
Old 04-24-2007, 08:40 AM

Default Re: (2coupes)

thank you, after all that bullshit i finally got some pics of center exit exhaust. 90 posts of b!tching and complaining and then finally someone that wasn't posting just to be a hater. yes i realise that an extra bend will restrict the exhaust more but i really dont care. its not like im gonna have a knot of piping underneath. but this is my 3rd car and i could care less about it bottoming out around town cause it wont really be driven around town much. if this was my only car i wouldnt do this stuff but its not. you happen to have any more center exit info nofx?

Old 04-24-2007, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if the car isnt going to be daily driven maybe you should consider cutting out the spare tire well for more room to route your exhaust, and possibly even a fuel cell for safety. a center exhaust is pretty much basic, theres not much mofre to say. take it to your local muffler shop, tell them you want a straight exhaust all the way back, buy your favorite muffler, fab it up, sit back, and enjoy.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ARCHway Jtuned)

dude, its his car. leave the guy a lone. what ever tickle his pickle let it be.

Quick Reply: where can i get center exit exhaust