Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Where can i buy a U-bend hose for looping my PS rack online?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can i buy a U-bend hose for looping my PS rack online?

As the topic states, i need a U-bend hose for looping my PS rack .
I live in Australia in a smallish city and ive tried all our local auto parts stores and nowhere has U-bend hoses, only straight hoses. I tried some straight hoses but they just kink.

Im just wondering if anywhere online sells the hose needed. That way i can have it sent to my door also.

Thanks heaps
Old 04-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where can i buy a U-bend hose for looping my PS rack online? (Paul1985)

Bump, anyone have any idea?
Old 04-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Where can i buy a U-bend hose for looping my PS rack online? (Paul1985)

um why cant you just bend it to make it fit?
Old 04-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The straight hose keeps kinking. You could make it so the hose is longer and loop it wider so it wont kink, but this would just be getting in the way or other things and is ugly. i want it small and compact, hence a small U-bend hose.

Surely someone knows where i can get one online??
Old 04-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Paul1985)

Go to an autoparts store and bring a piece of hose with you. Ask them to find you a u bent in the same diameter.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SiYouLater)

worth a try i guess. The people working in the auto stores are usually unhelpful though. They probably wont know how to go about getting some in

Ill keep searching online and ill try asking in an auto store when im out and get a chance.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:09 PM

last time i went to strauss the guy swore to me that champion plugs were the best for my honda.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (djsire)

haha
Thats what i mean. Our local stores have teenagers working who wouldnt be old enough to even drive and they are working there for retail experience, not because they have an interest in cars.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not all parts sales people are bad.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I went to buy seafoam yesterday and asked 2 of them for their opinions. One said, "uhh.... umm...yea..it's good for the interior of the car.." and the other was even MORE clueless and said "if it works it works, and if it doesnt, it doesnt." Very nice generic answer there. I also asked him about tranny fluid and said I should use ATF in my 5spd because the red coloring will help identify leaks easier. "Oil is Oil, it is all slippery and is all that matters." Before I said or asked anything else I just threw 8 dollars at him and LITTERALLY jet out of the store and took off... Screw the change or receipt. I could only imagine how many people he contaminated with his chicken's buff leghorn cocked knowledge of cars. I WISH people would admit that they "don't know" rather than spreading around made up bullshit to those who are willing to learn.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sageuvagony)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sageuvagony &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I went to buy seafoam yesterday and asked 2 of them for their opinions. One said, "uhh.... umm...yea..it's good for the interior of the car.." and the other was even MORE clueless and said "if it works it works, and if it doesnt, it doesnt." Very nice generic answer there. I also asked him about tranny fluid and said I should use ATF in my 5spd because the red coloring will help identify leaks easier. "Oil is Oil, it is all slippery and is all that matters." Before I said or asked anything else I just threw 8 dollars at him and LITTERALLY jet out of the store and took off... Screw the change or receipt. I could only imagine how many people he contaminated with his chicken's buff leghorn cocked knowledge of cars. I WISH people would admit that they "don't know" rather than spreading around made up bullshit to those who are willing to learn.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Don't expect them to know everything. Not everyone knows what SeaFoam is.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiYouLater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not all parts sales people are bad.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is true too. But sometimes customers will never know if they received good info or not because they are learning for the first time. . I sometimes ask them a question to something I already know and get the most buttfucked answer ever.. If I did not know anything about cars and they told me to put ATF fluid in my 5spd tranny cuz they told me to, I'm most likely going to do what they told me to do.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiYouLater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Don't expect them to know everything. Not everyone knows what SeaFoam is.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Would be nice if they could admit they didn't know rather than make up stuff... I worked at sears in the tool department as a cashier.. I didn't know anything much about certain tools and I'd just politely tell them to ask someone who knows.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Re: (sageuvagony)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sageuvagony &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This is true too. But sometimes customers will never know if they received good info or not because they are learning for the first time. . I sometimes ask them a question to something I already know and get the most buttfucked answer ever.. If I did not know anything about cars and they told me to put ATF fluid in my 5spd tranny cuz they told me to, I'm most likely going to do what they told me to do.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Might oughta do your homework before you go in trying to bust people's *****. There are several manual transmissions that do take ATF. Just an FYI..
Old 04-19-2007, 12:06 AM

Default Re: (guttedEF)

i dont know where you can buy one but i just found one sitting in my parts car!!!
ftw.

i think it came off the motor.
im gonna try to put this in next week.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (djsire)

couldn't you just bend one out of steel line, or find a some small coiled spings to put on the outside of the hose to keep it from kinking?
Old 04-19-2007, 06:39 AM
I forgot more about hondas then you will ever know....

Location: hop,skip, and a jump from the city,, new friggin york, USA

just plug it, the rack will be fine. looping is highly overrated.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where can i buy a U-bend hose for looping my PS rack online? (Rodney)

you reckon??
Couple of bolts in the holes?
Old 04-20-2007, 02:16 AM

um you can use hydraulic hose with crimped fittings. This kind of hose is ment to hold like 8000 000 PSI
Old 04-20-2007, 02:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

pm Padawan. He has
"&gt;&gt; POWER STEERING REMOVAL KITS for Integra, Civic, Del Sol *still available*"
in his sig. Hope this helps.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:50 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Paul1985 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you reckon??
Couple of bolts in the holes?</TD></TR></TABLE>

bolts? yeah, i guess that would work, but i would buy the proper sized pipe plugs, thread them in, done. i have have hondas for almost 20 years, i have done this on race cars for 8 years now with no issues. p/s bypass kits are a waste of $.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:41 AM
Banned

Go with what they said ^^ just take the PS off completely. ITs not like its that hard to turn the steering wheel.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:21 AM

Default Re: (yoffer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yoffer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Go with what they said ^^ just take the PS off completely. ITs not like its that hard to turn the steering wheel.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well, personally i run p/s in my race car, but everyone is different. the rack barely holds any p/s fluid, so capping off the rack is really no big deal.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (yoffer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yoffer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Go with what they said ^^ just take the PS off completely. ITs not like its that hard to turn the steering wheel.</TD></TR></TABLE>

PS is already off. Ive even cut the pipes ready to install the hose. The hoses i tried were kinking. I currently still have the holes plugged with clean rag at the moment until i get a chance to fix this and find something to plug it with.