Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Where to buy RHD conversion??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy RHD conversion??

anyone know where i can get the components to do a RHD conversion?? i saw that password has a kit for $400 but it doesnt say what it comes with. where have you all got your stuff at? or if you've seen any deals online let me know, thanks

Modified by spracer03 at 11:53 PM 3/20/2006
Old 03-21-2006, 08:20 AM

damn, nobody knows?? and it has to do with tech cause i gotta chop n put my car back together so whats up guys?? maybe ur all just feeling lazy or something
Old 03-21-2006, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (spracer03)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spracer03 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn, nobody knows?? and it has to do with tech cause i gotta chop n put my car back together so whats up guys?? maybe ur all just feeling lazy or something</TD></TR></TABLE>

none of us care

RHD conversions are gay and a waste of money. search this has been covered many times.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you can call most place that can get JDM motor, they can usually get them....I have been told to stay away from STI but most other motor places sell them...

I am trying to purchase one now but am having pricing "problems"
Old 03-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where to buy RHD conversion?? (spracer03)

you can get a rhd conversion clip from HMO (hmotorsonline.com) its about $800-$1400. If you do it good luck I did it on my car and it does take a while. let me know if you have any questions.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Do some research

RHD conversions aren't something you order off the interweb and jump right into.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Where to buy RHD conversion?? (Sh!ttyLS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sh!ttyLS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do some research

RHD conversions aren't something you order off the interweb and jump right into.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I did SEARCH! i just thought maybe people had experiences they might wanna share with me. Oh and for ur info i do know what kind of work and time it's gonna take but i really dont care cause im bored and i need to do something to my car, so i figure why not do a RHD conversion if it isnt too expensive. i just got off the phone with steve over at HMO and he quoted me $350 for a front clip with no engine or body pannels... looks like ill be RHD in about a month!
Old 03-21-2006, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spracer03 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I did SEARCH! i just thought maybe people had experiences they might wanna share with me. Oh and for ur info i do know what kind of work and time it's gonna take but i really dont care cause im bored and i need to do something to my car, so i figure why not do a RHD conversion if it isnt too expensive. i just got off the phone with steve over at HMO and he quoted me $350 for a front clip with no engine or body pannels... looks like ill be RHD in about a month!</TD></TR></TABLE>

good price

Be sure to post pics of the build
Old 03-21-2006, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Kamin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

none of us care

RHD conversions are gay and a waste of money. search this has been covered many times. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmmm...not quite...it has been discussed and flamed over and over, but find a thread that has a link to an actually RHD conversion shop. I know there's one in FL, I used to talk to the guy. His AIM s/n is RHDCivicEG, but he's never online anymore. I wouldn't say they're gay either. Its really nice when its all done, if its done right. Its just most people would rather spend $2000 elsewhere.

For the original poster, its not just the $350 for the shell. Thats a good price, but conside the fact that the harness needs to accomodate a RHD vehicle, breaking all old welds, and rewelding the RHD firewall won't be cheap or easy. A new windshield is also a must. A lot more work and time into it than you expect. Good luck in whatever you decide though.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you can weld, drill, or most other metal working things....it shouldn't be to teribly hard....I am a welder and I plan on doing one to an eg hatch...I also plan on doing a 2000 front end conversion.... Have fun and post pics
Old 03-21-2006, 05:00 PM

enjoy spending $thousands$ and dozens of hours to drive on the WRONG side of the ******* road!
Old 03-21-2006, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i love being broke...and I am fixing a car to drive like that...It will cost me around 1500 and paint to get it done
Old 03-21-2006, 08:08 PM

Default Re: (professor poon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by professor poon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">enjoy spending $thousands$ and dozens of hours to drive on the WRONG side of the ******* road!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Listen ******* dont be a ****** little ***** for no reason, if you was to start a "my life ****** sucks and im too broke to do anything to my car besides oil changes" thread go ahead and you can rant and rave as much as you want and nobody wil bother you, just save the space on my thread for people who are actually here help as this site was intended for.. OK Mr. Professor *****!
Old 03-21-2006, 08:11 PM

to the other people who weren't ********....
yeah like i said a lil earlier, i do know what im in store for and im sure ill be able to tackle this using my air powered die grinder, drill, and crud thug and i have my dad to do the welding, Oh and also i gonna get hoocked up with a JDM GSR harness
Old 03-21-2006, 08:37 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spracer03 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Listen ******* dont be a ****** little ***** for no reason, if you was to start a "my life ****** sucks and im too broke to do anything to my car besides oil changes" thread go ahead and you can rant and rave as much as you want and nobody wil bother you, just save the space on my thread for people who are actually here help as this site was intended for.. OK Mr. Professor *****! </TD></TR></TABLE>

I hope you aren't actually trying to tell me I can't afford modding my car...if you are, I'll PM you the link to my K20A2 build up that will cost more than your whole wanna-be JDM car. And yes, I do have a PhD in getting *****.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:44 PM

Interesting thread.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:46 PM

Default Re: (ATS*NEEMS)

lol sorry not trying to be an ***, but I mean when I see people spending 1500+dollars to drive on the wrong side of the car, and then see people begging on the corner because they can't even afford food, I get kinda irritated. next time I'll just mind my own business.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:48 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by professor poon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I hope you aren't actually trying to tell me I can't afford modding my car...if you are, I'll PM you the link to my K20A2 build up that will cost more than your whole wanna-be JDM car. And yes, I do have a PhD in getting *****.</TD></TR></TABLE>
One question, Then why are just being a hater? all im asking is that you keep negative comments to yourself please. Remember everybody has different tastes... it would suck if we all had the same car
Old 03-21-2006, 08:51 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by professor poon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol sorry not trying to be an ***, but I mean when I see people spending 1500+dollars to drive on the wrong side of the car, and then see people begging on the corner because they can't even afford food, I get kinda irritated. next time I'll just mind my own business.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i get ur point but remember it can be flipped too, im sure you could have donated to the red cross instead of building a k20 hatch... its just the extra things that we work hard so we can afford you know?? and if this was gonna cost me more than 600 i wouldnt do it either, i just happened to find a good deal
Old 03-21-2006, 08:54 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spracer03 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i get ur point but remember it can be flipped too, im sure you could have donated to the red cross instead of building a k20 hatch... its just the extra things that we work hard so we can afford you know?? and if this was gonna cost me more than 600 i wouldnt do it either, i just happened to find a good deal</TD></TR></TABLE>

true, but I did just donate my old car to the salvation army...
Old 03-21-2006, 08:55 PM

Default Re: (aallbbeerrtttttt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aallbbeerrtttttt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you haven't been in appearance and cosmetics lately huh? most of the ones there are milano red eg's and dc2's..lol

they all look identical</TD></TR></TABLE>
nah i havent been there lately but its the same was here in so cal, milano red must be the new white! im gonna paint my car vivid blue pearl from the 06 rsx
Old 03-21-2006, 08:58 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by professor poon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

true, but I did just donate my old car to the salvation army...</TD></TR></TABLE> i gave the guy at the walmart corner a dollar thats not too impressive though, i know
Old 03-21-2006, 09:01 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spracer03 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> i gave the guy at the walmart corner a dollar thats not too impressive though, i know</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol it's a start...good luck with your conversion.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:06 PM

thnx, ill be sure to do another write up