Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Where to buy input shaft bearing

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where to buy input shaft bearing

I have been looking online for a while now and cannot find an input shaft bearing. I have a b16a2 out of a 99 civic si. On rock auto all i can find is a bearing overhaul kit, on majestic honda I don't have a good enough idea of what I am looking at. Therefore, since it doesn't give the names and just describes the bearing I don't know what part to get. I can find the input shaft bearing when I search for an automatic but I would think that is probably different. If anyone has the honda part number or can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: Where to buy input shaft bearing

Did you pull the tranny apart yet? There are several bearings in there, any one or more of them may be bad, usually its the one closest to the bell housing on the input/mainshaft, but i've seen the one on the other end go bad as well. I've also seen the countershaft bearings go bad, it all sounds the same, the only way to actually see whats bad is to pull the tranny apart and then order whatever is bad. Btw, if you should also order new crush washers for the detent bolts and new axle seals while you have it apart.

Most likely you'll want numbers 7 and 10 in this diagram, but i'd pull it apart first -> http://www.bkhondaparts.com/billkay/...p=Transmission
Old 12-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay thanks for the info, I think I will buy the isb and oil seal now. It can never hurt to change those, if i get lucky and that is the only bad bearing that will make it much less down so I don't have to wait for a part to come in while my transmission is torn apart.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most big towns have an industrial bearing supply store. You can take the old bearing in with you and ask them to match it up. Or maybe call Majestic by phone and talk to them about it.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Dale_K
Most big towns have an industrial bearing supply store. You can take the old bearing in with you and ask them to match it up.
No you can't. I know because I tried it. Most of the bearings even have NTN part numbers on them, but they usually have one dimension that's an odd size and are only sold directly to Honda.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

go straight to your honda dealer. dont buy some cheap part, but you might be able to get away with an LS input shaft bearing for cheaper, but maybe someone else can chime in on that.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94EG8
Did you pull the tranny apart yet? There are several bearings in there, any one or more of them may be bad, usually its the one closest to the bell housing on the input/mainshaft, but i've seen the one on the other end go bad as well. I've also seen the countershaft bearings go bad, it all sounds the same, the only way to actually see whats bad is to pull the tranny apart and then order whatever is bad. Btw, if you should also order new crush washers for the detent bolts and new axle seals while you have it apart.

Most likely you'll want numbers 7 and 10 in this diagram, but i'd pull it apart first -> http://www.bkhondaparts.com/billkay/...p=Transmission
Hi! Why in the diagram where the parts 7 and 10 are shown, it says "MT CLUTCH HOUSING (SOCH)" ?? I mean, why it says "SOCH" ? just to confirm that it could be a typing error of the diagram, because the housing is the one of the b16a2.

I think I have to change those bearings and don't want to buy the wrong part!

Thankss!

Bastok
Old 05-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 92lxsleeper
go straight to your honda dealer. dont buy some cheap part, but you might be able to get away with an LS input shaft bearing for cheaper, but maybe someone else can chime in on that.
on transmission seals i would definitely go to the Honda dealer.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:41 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.synchrotech-transmissions.com/

If I remember correctly, they're actually a supporter of H-T. They also have amazing customer service. You can get a full kit, bearings and seals, all from the OEM manufacturer, for a lot cheaper than buying them through the dealership. Give them a call, let them know what you have, and they'll set you up.