where is the 1994 civic diagnostic port. - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion


Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

where is the 1994 civic diagnostic port.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2010, 09:18 PM   #1
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
Default where is the 1994 civic diagnostic port.

i dont know where it is at

does anyone know where it is at?
civic90242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
Honda-Tech Member
iTrader: (2)
 
vtechjunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: pocatello, idaho, u.s.a.
Posts: 3,648
Default Re: where is the 1994 civic diagnostic port.

Under the dash, on the passenger side of the car. If it hasn't been tampered with it will have a green sleeve over it. Otherwise, it is a brown two wire plug.
vtechjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:32 PM   #3
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
Default Re: where is the 1994 civic diagnostic port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtechjunkie View Post
Under the dash, on the passenger side of the car. If it hasn't been tampered with it will have a green sleeve over it. Otherwise, it is a brown two wire plug.
and im new to this honda stuff. so is the port a obd2 or obd2?
civic90242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:35 PM   #4
Honda-Tech Member
 
EL Vap133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posts: 26,477
Default Re: where is the 1994 civic diagnostic port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic90242 View Post
and im new to this honda stuff. so is the port a obd2 or obd2?
Huh? obd2 or obd2 you ask?

IIRC, the 94 Civic should be an obd1.
EL Vap133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:38 PM   #5
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
Default Re: where is the 1994 civic diagnostic port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Vap133 View Post
Huh? obd2 or obd2 you ask?

IIRC, the 94 Civic should be an obd1.
my mistake, my bad

ok thank you i thought it was a obd2
civic90242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:41 PM   #6
Honda-Tech Member
iTrader: (2)
 
vtechjunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: pocatello, idaho, u.s.a.
Posts: 3,648
Default Re: where is the 1994 civic diagnostic port.

Just connect the two ports with the key in "on" position, and the check engine light will flash. Long flash is 10 and short is 1.
vtechjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:45 PM   #7
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
Default Re: where is the 1994 civic diagnostic port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtechjunkie View Post
Just connect the two ports with the key in "on" position, and the check engine light will flash. Long flash is 10 and short is 1.
ok thanks bro
civic90242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:50 PM   #8
Honda-Tech Member
 
darkenedsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bay Area, Ca
Posts: 148
Default Re: where is the 1994 civic diagnostic port.

Okay-since no one brought this up,
Pre-1996= OBD 1 Datalink under pass dash-
1996-Present= OBD 2 16-pin Dataport under driver-side dash under steering wheel
OBD= On Board Diagnostic
1= 1 O2 sensor per engine bank, used for ECU fuel trim/compensation
2= 2 O2 sensor per engine bank, 1 upstream before catalytic converter (cat), 1 downstream after catalytic converter (cat) downstream used for ECU monitoring of catalytic converter efficiency.

Hope this helps!
darkenedsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:52 PM   #9
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
Default Re: where is the 1994 civic diagnostic port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenedsol View Post
Okay-since no one brought this up,
Pre-1996= OBD 1 Datalink under pass dash-
1996-Present= OBD 2 16-pin Dataport under driver-side dash under steering wheel
OBD= On Board Diagnostic
1= 1 O2 sensor per engine bank, used for ECU fuel trim/compensation
2= 2 O2 sensor per engine bank, 1 upstream before catalytic converter (cat), 1 downstream after catalytic converter (cat) downstream used for ECU monitoring of catalytic converter efficiency.

Hope this helps!
really good info, thanks
civic90242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:54 PM   #10
Honda-Tech Member
 
darkenedsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bay Area, Ca
Posts: 148
Default Re: where is the 1994 civic diagnostic port.

Oh, and for clarification, to decipher the code for the check engine light, you can plug a paper clip into the datalink connector on the pass side of the car, and count the flashes with the key on, engine off. the long flash indicates the first number, and the short flash indicates the second number. Ex., two long flashes, two short flashes equals code 22. Good luck!!!
darkenedsol is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
where is the turn signal relay located? hentai_11 Honda S2000 5 09-11-2014 09:35 AM
where is my 02 accord ecu located hondafreak2134 Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) 6 10-10-2009 05:45 PM
2008 where is ECU? 1990hondaHF Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2 07-27-2009 08:12 AM
Where to buy a rear window visor? aLlmoTorcoUpe Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) 7 03-22-2009 02:32 PM
where is the trans fluid dipstick niceprelude Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) 10 02-08-2009 04:20 PM


Tags
1990, 1994, 1996, 2001, 94, accord, acura, civic, connector, diagnostic, honda, integra, location, obd, plug, port

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:01 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: