Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Wheel Alignment question about after u lower ur car...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Alignment question about after u lower ur car...

hey guys... I just ordered some new tires cuz my front two are GONE.. the rear two are still good... but the alignment in the front sux ***..... since its LOWERED etc... its about 2.5 front and 2.25 rear.. rear is much higher than the front, but... im just wondering IF YOU GET A WHEEL ALIGNMENT after ur car is lowered... will the alignment go OFF again? since its lowered, wouldnt it go back to being gay(unalligned)?? And when u get a wheel alignment, can u get it just for the front two, instead of all four?! thanks
Old 07-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Wheel Alignment question about after u lower ur car... (BadEH2)

Go to Tires Plus and get a three year unlimited alignment for like $99 - $120, (somewhere in that range). I get my alignment checked once a month. It's great. Now the guy just lets me drive it up on the rack and do all the in-car stuff myself. I find it kinda fun. This way you rarely have alignment issues.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Wheel Alignment question about after u lower ur car... (BadEH2)

Yes. Get it aligned after you lower your car.

-Shane
Old 07-08-2005, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Wheel Alignment question about after u lower ur car... (gabebauman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gabebauman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Go to Tires Plus and get a three year unlimited alignment for like $99 - $120, (somewhere in that range). I get my alignment checked once a month. It's great. Now the guy just lets me drive it up on the rack and do all the in-car stuff myself. I find it kinda fun. This way you rarely have alignment issues. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Every shop that I have been to says they will not give a warrenty on an alignment to a lowered car.

You need an alignment if your car is lowered. You most likely have some toe in on your front tires. I ruined my fronts in under 8,000 miles with bad toe in.

I found a alignment for $39.99 (best price in town they claimed). You should be able to find one for around $60.

"im just wondering IF YOU GET A WHEEL ALIGNMENT after ur car is lowered... will the alignment go OFF again? since its lowered, wouldnt it go back to being gay(unalligned)?? And when u get a wheel alignment, can u get it just for the front two, instead of all four?! "

Once you get an alignment will your car will stay aligned until you change something like the height or mess with your suspension.

I've never heard of getting one just for the front. That would be nice if you could get that for half price or so.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wheel Alignment question about after u lower ur car... (fakemike)

Any time you change your ride height, your alignment will change, and your toe needs to be set again. If you're getting new tires, and haven't gotten it alinged since lowered originally, get one before they're mounted. Once aligned, you won't have to do it again until you change your ride height.

Front wheel alignments (or 2 wheel) are basically worthless, becuase your front and back axles won't be aligned to the centerline of the car.