Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What's your definition of "RICE" -intelligent replies, please-

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's your definition of "RICE" -intelligent replies, please-

I've been on this board for about a day. And I've seen the word "rice" thrown around more than a vietnamese prostitute in WW2...I mean c'mon, is putting a body kit on your car, rice? Is getting altezzas, rice? Is painting your car a "loud" color, rice? IMO, no.

I think rice or ricer, should be used when someone, let's say get's an aluminum drag spoiler, for looks rather than performance (like on a rear-wheel drive). Or when someone puts a Type-R badge on a DX. Unbolts an exhaust just to sound louder. Or cuts their springs to slam their ride. Or takes off their wheel-covers for that race-car look. Or even people who paint their hoods black just for that "carbon fiber" look. Pretty much people who "fake the funk"

I mean, I think the "clean" look is really cool. But if someone has an extreme looking body kit or clear corners, I think that's cool too. But I don't tihnk that's rice.

So please, for god's sake, ease up on the term.
Old 01-30-2002, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What's your definition of "RICE" -intelligent replies, please- (EXtremeYLODRGN)

This fight your putting up against using the word R-word is as old as the term itself. Personally, I don't throw the word around (on the board at least!) I believe not to long ago, the was a very long thread about the R-word. If you do a search you might find it. It'd be some good summer reading.
Old 01-30-2002, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: What's your definition of "RICE" -intelligent replies, please- (94HybridEx)

why you gotta use vietnamese people for??? LOL....What the hell does WW2 got to do with Vietnam!!!?? If you are talking about the vietnam war..well..i get it...but damn......now people are goign to start stereotyping viet girs are prostitutes....

Khoi
Old 01-30-2002, 04:38 PM

Default Re: What's your definition of "RICE" -intelligent replies, please- (Sohc Driver)

hmmm this post was posted about a month ago go check it out
Old 01-30-2002, 04:40 PM

Default Re: What's your definition of "RICE" -intelligent replies, please- (Sohc Driver)

Oh my bad, I didn't mean to stereotype. I just needed an analogy and full metal jacket came to mind. lol sorry about that. and uhh my history isn't too good. but yeah sorry if this is a repetitive topic, you can go ahead and close if it serves no purpose, peaCe