Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

whats wrong with body kits?--kinda long, sorry

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2002, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats wrong with body kits?--kinda long, sorry

what wrong with body kits. I like a clean looking eg, there is nothing wrong with that but who says that a body kit would rice it out. Some people spend ridiculous amounts of money on their cars to make them look JDM. Thats right I said LOOK JDM. Ive only seen 1 or 2 good examples of nice JDM style cars here. Miguels EK and a electron blue eg with 17" advans. the blue eg is a great example of a JDM style car. I dont have a body kit now but I'd like to get a Bomex kit for my eg. right now i have a white eg with a 1.75" drop courtesy of tein coilovers on a set of 16" konig traffics. Amber sidemarker lights hooked up to my turn signal NOT my parking lights and vision clear corners with amber bulbs and a set of red/white taillights. All of the trim and moldings are painted white, no stickers, no extra ricey lights and no huge 4" exhaust. I have transplanted a d16z6 from a 95si into my dx and turbocharged it. It is pretty fast. Not really fast but it does the job. I guess I get sick of some of these guys on here knockin body kits and stuff. I was cruzin the other night and stopped to park, a kid in a 99si with a set of 17" rims parked next to me and everybody flocked to him to check out his car. No bodykit no drop no exhaust, nothing, just a stock si with rims. my car looks plain. kinda like a vanilla ice cream cone. whats wrong with adding a body kit but keeping it clean? Word
Old 05-11-2002, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: whats wrong with body kits?--kinda long, sorry (hondafrk)

i dont like them because the majority of them are ugly #1, and on the street, 90% arent painted, it draws too much attention to a car thats probably stock under the hood the reason i say that is because most of these body kit kids dont do jack sh*t for performance, they just want the look of speed not actual speed.
Old 05-11-2002, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

i like body kits when they're the "real deal" like CWest, Veilside, Bomex, Buddy Club etc...

most body kits i've seen fit poorly and look dumb cause people buy them "to be different" but the kit doesn't follow the lines of the car and looks out of place. as long as the kits some-what subtle and there's no gay aluminum wing and altezza's, then i think it's alright.
Old 05-11-2002, 03:54 PM
New User

Default Re: whats wrong with body kits?--kinda long, sorry (Blazin Si)

Aluminum wings are the stupid for street drivin cars IMO, they look about as coolof hoos like that around here by the po people that put type r badges also on their cars.

Body kits that fit good and are streamlined with the rest of the kit and body of the car look cool to me. As long as they are painted to match the car, and arent just left the color of the material or primered, which I see alot of too.

Body kits that match above =

Do you have a body kit from what your saying above? Your car lowered and wheels and turboed but no body kit right? Who cares what other people car about, but if you want them to notice you go for it, or you could invest a aftermarket hood that would draw attention, since it sounds like thats what your wanting.

[Modified by samdawgsol, 6:58 PM 5/11/2002]
Old 05-11-2002, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats wrong with body kits?--kinda long, sorry (KAMiN)

because most of these body kit kids dont do jack sh*t for performance, they just want the look of speed not actual speed.
So how do you feel about Vision corners and Spoon clusters and all the
other..... ( " because most of these body kit kids dont do jack sh*t for performance, they just want the look of speed not actual speed" )....JDM type parts???

[Modified by CRX_VTEC, 5:57 PM 5/11/2002]
Old 05-11-2002, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats wrong with body kits?--kinda long, sorry (CRX_VTEC)

There is nothing wrong with body kits. What's wrong is you worrying about what other people think about what you do to YOUR car.
Old 05-11-2002, 06:48 PM

Default Re: whats wrong with body kits?--kinda long, sorry (turbocoupe)

Rather spend my money under the hood.
Old 05-11-2002, 07:01 PM
New User

Default Re: whats wrong with body kits?--kinda long, sorry (turbocoupe)

There is nothing wrong with body kits. What's wrong is you worrying about what other people think about what you do to YOUR car.

exactly..
who cares all about stupid people keep judging whats rice or not..
just do what u like to..
well...hope u got some taste though
Old 05-11-2002, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats wrong with body kits?--kinda long, sorry (pLaYbOi)

everyone is different.. we all have opinions, likes and dislikes. The problem is that here people are so narrow minded and can only see in one direction. Its their way or no way. Anything not for performance is rice and is flamed. Its the bashing of "rice' that is stupid. I say let people do whatever they wish. why go out of your way to post "rice" pics and start threads on "look at this rice" "ugliest piece of rice"
type topics. Is JDM so great ...and anything not JDM is rice? Its stupid... when I see a "ricer" I just say let out a big *sigh* and say " Oh well..." I dont take pics and run home as fast as I can to post them up on H-T and try to be a smart ***.
Old 05-11-2002, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

because most of these body kit kids dont do jack sh*t for performance, they just want the look of speed not actual speed.

So how do you feel about Vision corners and Spoon clusters and all the
other..... ( " because most of these body kit kids dont do jack sh*t for performance, they just want the look of speed not actual speed" )....JDM type parts???

[Modified by CRX_VTEC, 5:57 PM 5/11/2002]
spoon clusters are a waste of money. vision corners are fine
its not the fact that its an outside modification to the car its the stupid ****. a wide mouth body kit is STUPID i dont car what anyone says. its ugly and serves no point other than to slow the car down.
Old 05-11-2002, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Maybe they rather have the look because if they had all of that power under the hood they would get a lot of speeding tickets or they would kill themselves or other people.... It might be safer for people on the road for them to just have a body kit and "look" mods. I remember back in the day I wanted the black widow front bumper, but now to me it just looks too big and bulky for me and would cause too much attention. I still like it, its just not for me anymore, and usually when you get a body kit you have to paint your car to rematch it. Unless you have a newer car. I think people these days care way too much about what others think on message boards. A lot of these cars here most people "avg person" wouldn't like or if they did, they would still like a full body kitted car cleanly done.
Old 05-11-2002, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats wrong with body kits?--kinda long, sorry (KAMiN)

spoon clusters are a waste of money. vision corners are fine
its not the fact that its an outside modification to the car its the stupid ****. a wide mouth body kit is STUPID i dont car what anyone says. its ugly and serves no point other than to slow the car down.
You have the right to your opionion Kamin. Its all personal taste. I like body kits... but not all body kits. I would put a kit on my car... a WW RS kit is nice IMO. its the mentality off... some mods are okay...and some are not. The ones that are not.. get flames.... why? Its about the trash talking from JDM guys that think their sooo much better then "rice" Kinda like domestics..look at imports. Just let and let live.... no need to bash and talk **** to others.
I mean... go to the Members corner... and look at all the topics bashing "rice". Why cant people leave well enough alone??? The typical answer is... well..its these rice boys that make us look bad.
How is anyone making YOU look bad.. by doing what they wish to THEIR car?
Old 05-11-2002, 09:02 PM

It sounds like the people that were "jocking" the guy with the blue Si's car don't know jack **** about cars, so why care about them? And also, I bet that his car will be stolen before yours will...