Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

whats the RIGHT way to drop ur civic

Old 07-06-2003, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the RIGHT way to drop ur civic

im my mind the people who do auto X know the most about Suspension, thats why i came here! i was at sears atuo and me and one the guys who worked them were talkin( hes got a 91 hatch with a T3 gsr) he was tell me when you lowers you car , you have to do the the RIGHT WAY. "do it right, do it once"!!!!. He was tellin that when i drop my car get good after aftermaket shocks,blue,yellows etc. cool. but then he said i should get stronger bushing and new tower tops. im one o those people who dont want things to **** up 1 or 2 later! thanxs if any one knows whats the rigth way to do it ...
Old 07-06-2003, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats the RIGHT way to drop ur civic (wm5holla)

drop it like its hot DaWg.
Old 07-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wm5holla &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im my mind the people who do auto X know the most about Suspension, thats why i came here! i was at sears atuo and me and one the guys who worked them were talkin( hes got a 91 hatch with a T3 gsr) he was tell me when you lowers you car , you have to do the the RIGHT WAY. "do it right, do it once"!!!!. He was tellin that when i drop my car get good after aftermaket shocks,blue,yellows etc. cool. but then he said i should get stronger bushing and new tower tops. im one o those people who dont want things to **** up 1 or 2 later! thanxs if any one knows whats the rigth way to do it ...
</TD></TR></TABLE>
he lied to you. 'blues' suck.
Old 07-06-2003, 04:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00R101 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...

Lose the drop zone crap. It's crap!!!
What the Sears guy was probably trying to say was that if you lower a car it will gain negative camber. For a street car more than 1.5 degrees of negative camber will be bad. Reduced braking and acceleration pperformance, increased tire wear etc. So what you should do if you are going to lower your Honda more than about 1.5 inches is to get camber adjusters so you can take out neg camber that dropping will add.

BTW Auto-xers do know about suspension but not necessarily about what makes a good street setup. Most well setup autox cars are a real pain in the *** as daily drivers and require a lot more attention when driven on the street.

Regards,
Alan
_______

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Because the requirements of an autocross car are very different from a street car. The driver has very different needs in each situation.

Get aftermarket shocks. That's part of doing it right. Stock shocks can't cut it for an aftermarket spring. Stronger bushings are definitely not necessary for a street car. Anyone who tells you that you need poly bushings for the street is trying to sell you something, or trying to justufy their own poorly thought purchase. I don't even know what the hell "tower tops" are. If they are GC upper mounts then do a search for them. If they are camber plates then laught in the face of the next person who claims your HONDA needs them.
_______