Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

whats next for my sol?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats next for my sol?

alrite..i got a 93 sol si...im running a d16 sohc 1.6 vtec rightnow..and i decided not to swap but to just beef up the d16 to be orginal..because most people go for swaps..but any ways..i want to buy something for the motor friday...between 0-200 dollars...i currently have an aem short ram intake(soon to replace with cai) a chrome valve cover..a new battery...and a tenzo short shift kit(i know its more to do with the tranny but still)...so what should i get..just for ur information im planning on boosting it..so mabe somethig to help out the motor when that time comes..thanks guys
Old 05-04-2004, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats next for my sol? (R33DelSol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by R33DelSol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i decided not to swap but to just beef up the d16 to be orginal..because most people go for swaps...</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha yah swaps are played...

id say buy some coilovers and slam that sol.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you just posted a similar thread earlier, and it got locked. here is why...
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1. Please do a search on your question BEFORE you post a topic.

Please try searching numerous key words under "recent" and "archived" topics in this forum and in the Hybrid Forum, or any other forum that applies to your topic at hand.

This forum is being ruined by too many of the same tired "B16A vs. B18C1?" topics and "Should I boost my SOHC or Get a Swap?" type topics. We understand that you want guidance, but rather than post an open topic, why not o some searching and find members here that have had successful builds/swaps and carry on an IM conversation with him or her?

We do care about what you want to do, but when we have literally 10 open topics about the exact same thing it gets highly annoying. This MB is here for ALL of us, not just one person who thinks we should all cater to him or her by posting in his or her topic while he or she NEVER performs searches and doesn't even browse the topics in the first few pages of the forum.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-04-2004, 10:26 AM

save it for tuning when you get boost
Old 05-04-2004, 10:30 AM

Default Re: whats next for my sol? (dunkd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dunkd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">id say buy some coilovers and slam that sol.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i was thinking about that...but i cant slam it untill i get rims cause im just about to put my kit on and with the stock 14s with just the kit its about touching the ground..lol when i put some 17s im planning on slamming it..thanks though..
Old 05-04-2004, 10:32 AM

Default Re: whats next for my sol? (jL iLLuZiOnz 9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jL iLLuZiOnz 9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you just posted a similar thread earlier, and it got locked. here is why...</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah but..i didnt get the response i wanted..i didnt want to go read something like that i wanted other people oppinions on what i should do next....
Old 05-04-2004, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sell the body kit, that's my opinion cause body kits suck.

Lower it on some good suspension and then boost the facker.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

did you not read the rule i just posted?? we arent here to make your decisions for you.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1. Please do a search on your question BEFORE you post a topic.
Please try searching numerous key words under "recent" and "archived" topics in this forum and in the Hybrid Forum, or any other forum that applies to your topic at hand.

This forum is being ruined by too many of the same tired "B16A vs. B18C1?" topics and "Should I boost my SOHC or Get a Swap?" type topics. We understand that you want guidance, but rather than post an open topic, why not o some searching and find members here that have had successful builds/swaps and carry on an IM conversation with him or her?

We do care about what you want to do, but when we have literally 10 open topics about the exact same thing it gets highly annoying. This MB is here for ALL of us, not just one person who thinks we should all cater to him or her by posting in his or her topic while he or she NEVER performs searches and doesn't even browse the topics in the first few pages of the forum.</TD></TR></TABLE>

somebody also gave you one of Spade's very helpful thread on SOHC's https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=335078
Old 05-04-2004, 10:40 AM

Default Re: whats next for my sol? (The G2 Racer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The G2 Racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sell the body kit, that's my opinion cause body kits suck</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i know most people on here hate kits..but itsjust my style..i like go and show....
Old 05-04-2004, 10:41 AM

Default Re: whats next for my sol? (The G2 Racer)

sorry to the board members if ur pist i made this fourm..i didnt know there was rules aginst this..i just didnt have time ti search
Old 05-04-2004, 10:41 AM

and..sorry jL iLLuZiOnz 9 dont have to get all pissy over this i just dont have time to search right now
Old 05-04-2004, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you're going to have to start making time. those are the rules. follow the rules and respect them.
read them please. https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=797969
Old 05-04-2004, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by R33DelSol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i didnt want to go read something like that i wanted other people oppinions on what i should do next....</TD></TR></TABLE>

by reading the threads you will form your own opinion.

Your opinion &gt; everyone else's

And I reported this one to be locked as well. We don't need a million "What should I do next?" threads.

Old 05-04-2004, 10:51 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

-2%.

If your topic gets locked there is a reason for it, so don't go starting another one just like it.

There is soooo much SOHC info here it's not even funny.

Also staying SOHC is not "different" nor is it by any means "original" at all - if you have a a Honda then it's all been done before regadless of what set-up you're going for.

Try searching under Spade's user name and my user name and use key words D series.